Inject Positive Suns Media Into My veins

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if Paul is out an extended period of time, we'll see exactly how far Booker has come and if he's truly MVP material.
That might be a reasonable test if Payne is healthy and up to speed, otherwise it means he'll be playing out of position without a real SG threat playing next to him. Regardless, I don't think he's MVP material either.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that if we go 12 and 12 the rest of the way out we clinch the 1 seed. If correct, that’s just bonkers.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that if we go 12 and 12 the rest of the way out we clinch the 1 seed. If correct, that’s just bonkers.
We're 6.5 games up on the Warriors. We would have to lose fewer than 7 games to guarantee the 1 seed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're 6.5 games up on the Warriors. We would have to lose fewer than 7 games to guarantee the 1 seed.
Can we not go through these scenarios. Most of us (me included) we’re doing the same thing thinking there was no way the Rams could catch the Cardinals who had a three game lead and the Tie-Breaker over them last season and then just collapsed down the stretch to injuries and general ineptness.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
if Paul is out an extended period of time, we'll see exactly how far Booker has come and if he's truly MVP material.
Lets pray to whatever Gods we value that CP3 stays healthy.
Booker has really good players around him now and he's learned from CP3 how to use them.
I'm betting if he had to Point Book for a bit he would be much better at it now that he trusts his teammates.
But yeah lets not find out.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That might be a reasonable test if Payne is healthy and up to speed, otherwise it means he'll be playing out of position without a real SG threat playing next to him. Regardless, I don't think he's MVP material either.
I think Book can win MVP in the future for sure. Honestly, I think the biggest thing for him is to get his shooting percentage closer to 50%. I know he’s a scorer but I think at times he settles for jumpers instead of attacking. When they go in, it looks great. I also think without CP3 his assists and rebounds can go up also. If Book were to be a 27-6-7 kinda player, he would no doubt be in the discussion. Look at DeRozan…is he better than Book? I don’t think so in a vacuum but he’s shooting like crazy and carrying the Bulls. He’s a top 5 MVP candidate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Book can win MVP in the future for sure. Honestly, I think the biggest thing for him is to get his shooting percentage closer to 50%. I know he’s a scorer but I think at times he settles for jumpers instead of attacking. When they go in, it looks great. I also think without CP3 his assists and rebounds can go up also. If Book were to be a 27-6-7 kinda player, he would no doubt be in the discussion. Look at DeRozan…is he better than Book? I don’t think so in a vacuum but he’s shooting like crazy and carrying the Bulls. He’s a top 5 MVP candidate.
Derozan is bigger and is a better athlete than Book, but that is a good example of a guy who’s game took a light year leap the last couple years.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Derozan is bigger and is a better athlete than Book, but that is a good example of a guy who’s game took a light year leap the last couple years.
I’d agree but I think Book is a better all around scorer and a better defender. Don’t get me wrong, I love Deebo for sure, he does what he does at a high level, but he’s 32…Book is 25 and still growing

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I thought he was in decline. But the bulls offense is more free flowing than his days with the spurs, he’s playing liberated.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with the lazy jumper problem.

If he drove and drew contact like Harden does..... His percentages would go up exponentially.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If he drove and drew contact like Harden does..... His percentages would go up exponentially.

Devin Booker doesn't get the foul calls like Harden. He gets fouled a lot the way it is. It's more about not getting the respect from referees a player of his caliber deserves.

He attacks the basket but is often not rewarded.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Booker has his faults but the word "lazy", in any context, just doesn't fit IMO. He pissed the refs off a few years ago and they stopped calling fouls when he'd drive. He smartened up enough to learn not to drive into a congested lane as often (reducing his turnovers) but still hasn't wised up to the fact he has to change his behavior if he wants fair treatment from the striped fools.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d agree but I think Book is a better all around scorer and a better defender. Don’t get me wrong, I love Deebo for sure, he does what he does at a high level, but he’s 32…Book is 25 and still growing
And right now derozan is better. It’s not really debatable, statistically he is way better.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And right now derozan is better. It’s not really debatable, statistically he is way better.
I wouldn’t say he’s “way better”. He’s averaging 3 more points, same rebounds and assists basically with a better percentage but you gotta also remember no LaVine for stretches so he’s had more of the scoring load. Suns are a better team so Book’s stats aren’t inflated. Now if CP3 misses games, we’ll get a better chance to compare. And Book on the defensive end is better and only growing.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Which is a moot point because neither of them have a snowballs chance in hell of getting MVP.
That's the type of PF we should have been looking for.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which is a moot point because neither of them have a snowballs chance in hell of getting MVP.

That's the type of PF we should have been looking for.
Pf? I always though of him as a SF.

DerDer 6-6, 220
Cam Johnson, 6-8, 210.

He will put on another 10 pounds of muscle in the next two years. If DerDer can be a pf, so can Cam.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Devin Booker doesn't get the foul calls like Harden. He gets fouled a lot the way it is. It's more about not getting the respect from referees a player of his caliber deserves.

He attacks the basket but is often not rewarded.
If he attacked the rim more, he will get more respect over time and draw more fouls. That's my take.
Booker has his faults but the word "lazy", in any context, just doesn't fit IMO. He pissed the refs off a few years ago and they stopped calling fouls when he'd drive. He smartened up enough to learn not to drive into a congested lane as often (reducing his turnovers) but still hasn't wised up to the fact he has to change his behavior if he wants fair treatment from the striped fools.
Lazy may be harsh, but I would say he takes far too many low-percentage shots from beyond the arc. And does get caught in bad positions sometimes that lead to tough fade-aways and bad passes.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pf? I always though of him as a SF.

DerDer 6-6, 220
Cam Johnson, 6-8, 210.

He will put on another 10 pounds of muscle in the next two years. If DerDer can be a pf, so can Cam.
I'm all for Cam J at PF...someday. I have no reason to doubt that kid. He has improved EVERY step of the way.
I just worry about him being too physical with all the hip surgery stuff. Don't think its still an issue and he's moving much better now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort