In Phoenix this weekend.........

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I am here in town looking for houses and I have had the chance to listen to Valley radio talk about the Cards for the first time in many a moon. Man, the negativity of all of their comments is amazing - just getting ripped inside out, upside down and sideways. I cannot tell you who I was listening to (didn't pay that close attention) but they were brutal. These guys were predicting no better than a 4-12 season. Now I am the eternal optimist - you have to be to be a Cards fan) but havent they seen we have a brand new backfield, new defensive help, new veteran help - as opposed to waiver wire and rookie free agents?

Just the signing of a new QB in the process has helped us out. We lost a god-awful amount of players to injury last year and I do not think that can happen as bad this coming year.

If we sign Holliday, happen to get Suggs, sign a proven vet WR, and get help from the draft I will be very happy about this off season. I will be feeling even more comfortable about this upcoming season. I know those are if's but they are very plausible and possible if's.

BTW, I think I found my new home - it is in Tempe in the Southern/Country Club area :) Now I can start forwarding mail!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Good to hear that Stronso!

It really depends on which show you call, but to be honest, the overwhelming sentiment in the valley is anti-cardinal. Most fans could care less about the team, because they have other "winning" alternatives.

The Phoenix Suns (up until last season) had 13 straight playoff appearances, and over the life of the franchise, have been the fourth winningest team in the NBA. The DBacks have 3 division titles and 1 World Championship in 5 years. The Cardinals in 15 years, have one playoff appearance and victory.

Hopefully Rod Graves can help turn this thing around and the Cards can become a decent team. If they could have even 3 winning seasons in a row, the valley would go crazy and embrace the team.

Stronso, did you look at Ahwatukee at all?

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I looked at about 20 places yesterday. The second place I looked was a home I found on the internet when I was in NYC. It totally knocked my socks off - great house, location, price, good for dogs, etc. I also looked in Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, Ahwatukee. Pretty tired by the end of the day

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey Bklyn.

I've got a GREAT R.E.Agent if you need one. Ask AZ21 he'll tell you. No I don't get anything out of it. LOL

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forget - where are you coming from Stronso?

I moved back here about 5 years ago. I used to live in the SF Bay area (Sunnyvale). I was paying almost $1000/mo for a 450sf studio. :rolleyes:

When I moved back, I was looking at houses, too, and my RE agent drove me around and it was like a smorgasbord buffet - "Yup, I can afford that...that too..."

After a couple refinances, and the tax benefit, my house w/a yard costs less than the rent I was paying 5 yrs ago. :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Stronso----Welcome to Tempe. I live in the Baseline/Hardy area. One good thing is that we're not far from the Cards training facility and Pro-shop (lots of Cards goodies) on Hardy by Elliott. I've lived in a few other areas, but I like Tempe the best because of it's central location (less driving to get to work).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
Hey Stronso----Welcome to Tempe. I live in the Baseline/Hardy area. One good thing is that we're not far from the Cards training facility and Pro-shop (lots of Cards goodies) on Hardy by Elliott. I've lived in a few other areas, but I like Tempe the best because of it's central location (less driving to get to work).

Wow, I used to live right there until I moved to around Dorsey and University. I lived at Colony Groves....

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Wow, I used to live right there until I moved to around Dorsey and University. I lived at Colony Groves....

I lived there as well - Guadalupe/Hardy in the (I forget the name) apartments.

Funny story, I went out w/some friends one night a couple of years ago, and we had to pick up one of his friends. Turns out he lived in the SAME exact apartment that I used to live it. Weird.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stronso I envy you. I had to leave Phoenix not quite 2 years ago.
I wish I was back there. I love it.
BTW.......forget Tempe, that's too close to mesa......go to Glendale thats where its happening now, plus you won't have to drive 40 miles to get to the games. LOL

You can even throw rocks at Sun City and smell a cow pie or two. ;)

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan

My company's offices are presently at 24thst/Camelback but in about 2 months they are moving to the Ray Rd/I-10 area. They are building out a space right now for us. Living at CC/Southern is perfect as it is a great area, close to the freeways, and pretty far away from some family who I do not want to see on a constant basis :)

I arrived here last night in NYC at 11pm and it is freaking cold - 32 degress and 4 inches of fresh snow - BALLS!!

I want sun and warm!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn