I Won't Hear a Bad Word About Kyler Murray

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler needs to get a handle on those "floaters" but I agree with the above. To me if he is animated on the sidelines he is being the leader the team needs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Haha so true, look I didn't like what we did with Rosen, but that was before we saw KM play like he can, there was no reason to believe the Cardinals were going to finally get a legit superstar at QB instead of Rosen based on their past track record.

They did, so I admit I was wrong, can we just move on now?

There was a reason. Murray was obviously better!

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Murray’s a baller. He’s constantly getting ripped apart on this board and that’s fair but he hasn’t come close to reaching his potential. People are entitled to their opinions and they certainly have the right to critique his play/point out his flaws but there’s a lot more good than bad when it comes to Kyler.
Patrick Mahomes has created some unrealistic expectations for young QB’s.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Those tight ends that both missed a 3rd down block on a wr screen to hopkins

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
He was chewing out the defense early in the 3rd as well. They sure responded to it throughout the second half.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Haha so true, look I didn't like what we did with Rosen, but that was before we saw KM play like he can, there was no reason to believe the Cardinals were going to finally get a legit superstar at QB instead of Rosen based on their past track record.

They did, so I admit I was wrong, can we just move on now?
But there WAS reason to believe we were going to get a legit superstar QB in Murray. All you had to do was to watch him all season at Oklahoma. His skill set was on display for those that watched him. The only college QB that I’ve been as impressed with in 50+ years of watching college football was Joe Burrow of last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But there WAS reason to believe we were going to get a legit superstar QB in Murray. All you had to do was to watch him all season at Oklahoma. His skill set was on display for those that watched him. The only college QB that I’ve been as impressed with in 50+ years of watching college football was Joe Burrow of last year.

Yep I was shocked by the pro-Rosen sentiment.

Don't mean this as a told you so, but Rosen was historically bad. Good QBs make teams play better and Rosen didn't really do that.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This kid took a team on his back and absolutely out-dueled one of the best in the league in Russell Wilson. Without Kyler, we had nog chance. None. Without Kyler, this is an ugly double-digit loss. What a master class is showing grit, determination, leadership, and a never-say-die attitude. Kudos, young man, kudos.

The fact that he threw that godawful pick? Well, he only threw 1/3 of the godawful picks that Wilson did. The fact that he kept me up until almost 1am the night before a new job? His performance will carry me through a day of administrative crap :) Like I said, I won't hear a bad word about Kyler Murray.

Fortunately since I’m writing this you won’t have to hear it. I posted on the game. I think Murray showed significant improvement. I think there’s still quite a bit of room for improvement.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yep I was shocked by the pro-Rosen sentiment.

Don't mean this as a told you so, but Rosen was historically bad. Good QBs make teams play better and Rosen didn't really do that.
Exactly. I understand that the situation was bad, but he didn’t elevate the situation whatsoever. That is not a good sign that you have a QBOTF in your midst.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

I obviously did not watch him all season at Oklahoma, so I don't exactly know what your point is past pointing out when someone else is wrong again. That's a very productive endeavor when the person admits they are wrong what part of wrong do you not understand exactly?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think every single person who thought we should give rosen another chance has turned the corner and is a huge KM fan and understands it was clearly the right decision. People just still want to say I told you so, two years later.

The problem is there were multiple people just two games ago that said Kyler is not very good.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is there were multiple people just two games ago that said Kyler is not very good.

this has NOTHING to do with Josh Rosen.

When Kyler plays bad, expect people to call it out. Coming here and asking about Josh Rosen is just I told you so nonsense pearl clutching about a 2 year old decision.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this has NOTHING to do with Josh Rosen.

When Kyler plays bad, expect people to call it out. Coming here and asking about Josh Rosen is just I told you so nonsense pearl clutching about a 2 year old decision.

Sure it does. Because I think there are people still expecting Klyer to fail so they can say they were right about wanting to draft Bosa or keep Rosen. Or whatever agenda they have.
I was one of those guys on the fence about Murray but I know now after watching him for the last season and a half that he gives us our best chance to win a Superbowl since Kurt Warner.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure it does. Because I think there are people still expecting Klyer to fail so they can say they were right about wanting to draft Bosa or keep Rosen. Or whatever agenda they have.
I was one of those guys on the fence about Murray but I know now after watching him for the last season and a half that he gives us our best chance to win a Superbowl since Kurt Warner.

You really believe that people are waiting with baited breath for Murray to fail so that they can claim an ex cardinals QB who is currently on a practice squad, not even an actual roster, should be our quarterback still? What fantasy land are you hanging out in?

You are saying yourself that you first wanted to give rosen a chance, got over it and can tell now that it was the right move but you are preemptively seeking out those who have not followed suit to such a simple and obvious change in circumstances?

If someone at this point still wanted Rosen, who again is not even on an active roster, over Murray....you would even want to discuss such a terrible opinion?

This is all trolling and nothing beyond it. You're hoping someone will make a dumb statement so you can point out the obvious and be right.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I obviously did not watch him all season at Oklahoma, so I don't exactly know what your point is past pointing out when someone else is wrong again. That's a very productive endeavor when the person admits they are wrong what part of wrong do you not understand exactly?
Trust me, I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I was one of a few guys on this board that watch a ton of OU football. Initially, I wasn’t buying all the hype surrounding Murray when he took over the reins at OU. Up to that point, I was always a fan of prototypically tall QB’s that sat in the pocket & through over the top of their O-Linemen. And don’t get me wrong, I still prefer bigger QB’s. But Murray really, really impressed me. He’s a little freak of nature, who’s tremendously competitive, and works his behind off to be GREAT. We’re blessed to have him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose