I Won't Hear a Bad Word About Kyler Murray

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kyler makes the playoffs and puts up over 40 TDs on the season you gotta consider that a success.

Tough to predict Pro Bowl because now that its cancelled he likely wont get the benefit of being an alternative.

Russ/Rodgers/Brady seem like locks.

However, if he's somehow voted over one of them then he must have truly had a great season + we're a legit contender.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here's a good breakdown of just how GOOD Kyler is:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Said it before but the threat of Andy's speed has opened up a lot of big plays lately. He was the reason for Arnold being so wide open.

Another note...Kirk got open deep quite a few times.

He was more open on the Hopkins TD than him, but glad it worked out.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I had no idea this thread had turned into something challenging Kyler's progression, and yeah, I hated him, but...

There's no reason to hate now. Probably never. Take it from his #1 doubter. Barring emergency, there's a ton of growth to be had, and he's already a top player at the position.

When it comes to the future of the NFL, he's top 5, if not top 3.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure I get that, but rest assured I wouldn't use them if I didn't consider them valid. I'm not trying to mislead, and you can see most of this on the game footage as it's in a short yardage situation. You don't need the all 22.

4:47 here. You can't see Kirk so well but watch Nuk come from the bottom of the screen.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Appreciate that. I can see in that video where before Murray went into scramble mode, he most likely should have seen Nuk streaking across the end zone, but was already locked onto the back corner throw. Once he started scrambling, he stayed completely focused on that area of the field. Probably right on that one. It may have been a tight fit for him to touch pass over the LB there to Nuk, but it was a far better option than what eventually happened.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Boy thats a scary thought.

I doubt it would ever be BOB bad, thanks for Hopkins BOB, but it will be the difference between really maximizing this window and simply being good.

Hit on next years offseason, which will be more draft that free agency, and you likely are the most talented team in the NFC West with a comparable QB to Russ. Hit on the next couple and you are set up for a monster run.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
This is where some of my concerns about Kiem come in and the draft.

The Cardinals are moving to a phase of team building that is going to need to rely on the draft. They had a big spend last season and as we move closer to Kyler getting paid they are going to need to start being more efficient in the draft.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now we just need Kiem to stack a couple more good offseasons together.

The window is now. You cannot tank it like the Texans did.

Can he?

I question his football evaluation abilities. Hopefully Bidwill wakes up and realizes this team has a serious chance to make a deep playoff run and perhaps a superbowl run and demands Kiem find find competent football evaluators and scouts.

Last edited:

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Can he?

I question his football evaluation abilities. Hopefully Bidwill wakes up and realizes this team has a serious chance to make a deep playoff run and perhaps a superbowl run and demands Kiem find find competent football evaluators and scouts.

Kiem bought himself some time with Murray. No matter what it looks like now, that was a bold move, even if it was to fix his mistakes. Most GMs who not have had it in them to do that.

My issue with Kiem is drafts like 2016 where he totally wiffs them or 2014 where you only really get one above average player from it. That is what we cannot have. He does not need to be hitting home runs over and over, but he cannot wiff right now.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can he?

BIDWILL