I Won't Hear a Bad Word About Kyler Murray

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most passing tds through 1st 7 games of season is 16 tds by 2015 Palmer. K1 has 13 tds before even factoring in the 7 rushing tds which is already record for most in a season by team Qb. Most rushing tds through 7 games is 8 by DJ.

I found that to be pretty crazy regarding how long this franchise has been around.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you really believe Kyler has gone backwards as a passer you’ve lost your mind. In fact, it’s pretty hard to argue that he’s not better in every aspect of his game even without a regular offseason to prepare.

If I’m a betting man, he will win NFC offensive player of the week tomorrow for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. It’s time to quit nitpicking every single throw of his & accept he’s already pretty good & most likely on an upward trajectory to very special
I really wish he was on point (or normal) passing against the Cowboys.

I think he'd have a legit argument for NFC Player of the Month (as crazy as that seems) if he was completely 70% like normal.

I think they'll hold that Bucs game against Rodgers.

They might hold the 3 ints as against Wilson.

So I think right now Brady gets it.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, everyone was expecting him to make a leap and in many areas he has, I just said that. But he has still gone backwards as a passer. He's missed wide open guys several times, either just not seen them or sailed passes or thrown them into the dirt. He only has 2 games out of 7 where he hasn't thrown an INT. He has nearly twice as many INT's through 7 games this year than he did through 7 last year. And that's against some of the weakest passing defenses in the league in the easiest part of our schedule.

He improved against the Seahawks for sure, but then he also had probably his worst game ever just the week before against one of the worst defenses in the league.

I'm not expecting miracles from the kid. I'm happy with many of the ways he has progressed. I just didn't expect his throwing to regress, even slightly.

It's not always his actual throws, it's the throws he doesn't make. This is Sunday. We won so it's not such a big deal but it is.

This is the 4th down after Budda was run down by DK. We are about to turn it over on downs anyway so he has a free pass here, and INT doesn't matter as long as it isn't sixable.

First he turns down a wide open Kirk in the EZ. Don't say the DB is going to jump it because he doesn't and there's all kind of time before this image was taken for the ball to be arriving at Kirk as this shot is taken. Kyler is staring right at it but doesn't take it. That's an easy TD.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then he runs around a bit and eventually just floats something up in hope that lands nowhere. But before that happens he has Nuk wide open in the EZ, again looking right at him but still doesn't throw it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Both times the receivers are there waving their arms shouting "HELLOOOOOO, OVER HERE". I', not sure what more Kyler wants.

This is impressive effort, and for fear of sounding as though Im out of hand dismissing you (which I don't want to) I ALWAYS (regardless of poster or site or analyst) question the validity of stills as a way to determine "wide open." Aside from the leading nomenclature, it makes no account for momentum of the opposing players in the vicinity, making impossible to completely critique what K1 saw or didnt see in terms of his decision making on when to make or not make a throw.

Its cool to look back at these photos taken from above, but they really do not account for what the passer sees in the moment. SO for me, your points are interesting and not without merit, but your evidence is questionable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is impressive effort, and for fear of sounding as though Im out of hand dismissing you (which I don't want to) I ALWAYS (regardless of poster or site or analyst) question the validity of stills as a way to determine "wide open." Aside from the leading nomenclature, it makes no account for momentum of the opposing players in the vicinity, making impossible to completely critique what K1 saw or didnt see in terms of his decision making on when to make or not make a throw.

Its cool to look back at these photos taken from above, but they really do not account for what the passer sees in the moment. SO for me, your points are interesting and not without merit, but your evidence is questionable.

Sure I get that, but rest assured I wouldn't use them if I didn't consider them valid. I'm not trying to mislead, and you can see most of this on the game footage as it's in a short yardage situation. You don't need the all 22.

4:47 here. You can't see Kirk so well but watch Nuk come from the bottom of the screen.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you really believe Kyler has gone backwards as a passer you’ve lost your mind. In fact, it’s pretty hard to argue that he’s not better in every aspect of his game even without a regular offseason to prepare.

If I’m a betting man, he will win NFC offensive player of the week tomorrow for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. It’s time to quit nitpicking every single throw of his & accept he’s already pretty good & most likely on an upward trajectory to very special
Good call, sir. K1 is indeed offensive player of week

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good call, sir. K1 is indeed offensive player of week

You understand the concept of inconsistency right? I believe I even mentioned it in my post. Did he win NFC offensive player of the week when he completed 9 of 24 vs the worst defense in the league and said he himself he was terrible?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lol Omg dude you obviously can’t stand Kyler, the Cards or both. Stop with madness. Players have bad games & if I’m not mistaken Aaron Rodgers did that same week.

Btw the Cards still won that game here in Dallas most likely because of Kyler Murray’s plays he made on offense imo.
You understand the concept of inconsistency right? I believe I even mentioned it in my post. Did he win NFC offensive player of the week when he completed 9 of 24 vs the worst defense in the league and said he himself he was terrible?

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol Omg dude you obviously can’t stand Kyler, the Cards or both. Stop with madness. Players have bad games & if I’m not mistaken Aaron Rodgers did that same week.

Btw the Cards still won that game here in Dallas most likely because of Kyler Murray’s plays he made on offense imo.

If you check Russell Wilson's career you'll see stat lines in a victory similar to Kyler's in Dallas.

Buckybird

Reaction score
If you check Russell Wilson's career you'll see stat lines in a victory similar to Kyler's in Dallas.
Yep, every QB does even the great ones. it’s just aggravating to me that Brit keeps harping on that 4th down pass over & over like Kyler is John Skelton. Lol. Each week over & over criticizing his missed throws & not a single at a boy on his great throws. It proves he doesn’t like the kid, the Cards or both.

Bottom line is we most likely won those last 2 games because of Kyler Murray & would most likely be 3-4 without him, maybe worse. We’ve got a “difference maker” at QB finally

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What does this have to do with my response to Buckybird??? I just remembered his post about K1 been player of week when creating the thread this morning thats all.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Yep, every QB does even the great ones. it’s just aggravating to me that Brit keeps harping on that 4th down pass over & over like Kyler is John Skelton. Lol. Each week over & over criticizing his missed throws & not a single at a boy on his great throws. It proves he doesn’t like the kid, the Cards or both.

Bottom line is we most likely won those last 2 games because of Kyler Murray & would most likely be 3-4 without him, maybe worse. We’ve got a “difference maker” at QB finally
I think they beat Dallas with Hundley at QB but there no doubt they don’t beat Seatle if he’s the QB. They needed Murray.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Are there rough edges with K1, of course, but where we sit year 2 is all positive.

The fact that the moment isn’t too big, is a huge sign. How many young QBs have we seen that look rattled in big moments and under pressure?

Guys like Trubisky, Baker, Darnold, just can’t seem to maintain any momentum. K1 is maintaining the high level of play in big games and moments.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
K1 is closer to being the MVP than he is to being a bust. That is a good place to be.

This is on an offense that has solid, but hardly elite surrounding talent. We are not running out the chiefs offensive talent.

I am intrigued to see what happens as he takes more ownership of the offense and becomes more involved in the plays and game plans. Maybe we see fewer screens and short passes as he continues to show he can be trusted to take shots.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
Are there rough edges with K1, of course, but where we sit year 2 is all positive.

The fact that the moment isn’t too big, is a huge sign. How many young QBs have we seen that look rattled in big moments and under pressure?

Guys like Trubisky, Baker, Darnold, just can’t seem to maintain any momentum. K1 is maintaining the high level of play in big games and moments.

Agreed. There’s definitely still a lot of rough to Kyler’s passing game but he’s still miles better than a QB like Lamar Jackson who people have been fawning over since his rookie year. He’s almost halfway through year two and he’s already a more complete QB and someone who has the ability to get to that Mahomes/Wilson level. He’s also left young QBs like Goff and Mayfield in the dust as well.

The future is bright in the desert.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed. There’s definitely still a lot of rough to Kyler’s passing game but he’s still miles better than a QB like Lamar Jackson who people have been fawning over since his rookie year. He’s almost halfway through year two and he’s already a more complete QB and someone who has the ability to get to that Mahomes/Wilson level. He’s also left young QBs like Goff and Mayfield in the dust as well.

The future is bright in the desert.

The Cards have a window right now, before Kyler gets paid, where they can really make a push and be aggressive.

He has proven enough that you can safely say he is the guy. Unlike, say the Bears, who made the push with Mack and then Trubisky flopped.

Hopkins is a good example. Bidwill spent 150 million guaranteed this offseason, and the team is taking a major step.

Hit on next years draft and you may be really cooking.

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
Imagine what this team looks like next season if you retain your players and land a good 1st round CB and a 2nd round OG or Edge.

There would be few weaknesses and elite talent on both sides of the ball.

This offseason, even with a slow start for Simmons, looks like a hit.

Stack another one and this could be a nice run.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I heard that Kliff stole that play (they were looking towards the sideline at the snap) on Hops TD from Ohio St. it clearly caught the Hawks slightly off guard. :mrgreen:
Here's a good breakdown of just how GOOD Kyler is:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media