I Won't Hear a Bad Word About Kyler Murray

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Could he have forced to Kirk? Maybe. I'd argue that there is a crosser by the TE that keeps the LB in the picture making him available to jump that pass.

Fitz wasnt even in the endzone at first so he wasnt an option.

How about just crediting the Seahawks. The only real complaint would be that if he's throwing a last resort desperation pass then throw it up to Fitz or Hopkins.

However, as we know he's far more comfortable throwing to his left than his right.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lomax before the injury was good enough, Hart in his era was good enough, INT prone and not mobile but got rid of the ball and we had a great OL then.

Just adding to your comments.

Lomax’s last year was the first year in Phoenix. I believe this team was headed to the Super Bowl prior to Neil’s exit. We were 7-4 in a tough NFC East. Check out the roster for the 1988 Phoenix Cardinals.

In the Hart days I was a Cowboys fan and we had some solid teams. I absolutely hated having to play the Cardinals twice a year.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Then he runs around a bit and eventually just floats something up in hope that lands nowhere. But before that happens he has Nuk wide open in the EZ, again looking right at him but still doesn't throw it.

You must be registered for see images attach
If you watch that play in full speed he has virtually no time at this point to get the ball to Nuke. Looks simple enough in this still photo, but it was happening extremely fast in real time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually don't consider Kirk wide open. Can you get a ball in there sure but there's actually 3 defenders there, the one on Kirk's right on his left and the one covering Hopkins. It's not a wow you can't make that throw but it's not "wide open." During the game I thought man Hop is open, but kyler at the point you freeze it is 20 yards away from him and moving backwards that's a LONG throw across the body, the kind that can get jumped for a picksix and we don't have Dk Metcalf.

Of the 2 I'd say not throwing to Kirk was worse but honestly watching it during the game I thought he should have thrown it to Fitz in the right, put it up high and let him make a play.

Where I'm disagreeing with you is he wouldn't have made that throw last year either.

I never played QB but I played PG in HS, the number of times I had guys tell me they were wide open and then after the game we'd watch film of it, 80's so actual film, and you could see what I was was seeing and they're not nearly as wide open as they think they were

I see your point it's 4th down so unless it's a picksix a pick is ok but that's why I say if he's going to force one, force it to Fitz he's the only guy at the point of the first pic who doesn't have 2 defenders. Kirk has 2 plus D Hop's guy is there, Dhop has his man plus a LB sitting in front of him. Fitz is further away but just one defender, put that up towards the corner and let him outjump the guy would be my choice.

I expect every starter in the league not called Dalton to make both those throws. Especially one with Kyler's talent. Especially on 4th down playing one of the best teams in the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you watch that play in full speed he has virtually no time at this point to get the ball to Nuke. Looks simple enough in this still photo, but it was happening extremely fast in real time.

If playing QB was easy everyone would do it.

And yeah if you have to wait for a WR to stand there waving his arms shouting yoohoo then it's too late generally yet if you watch it live it's an obvious miss.

Its 4th down. What's the worst that happens by trying?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

And yeah if you have to wait for a WR to stand there waving his arms shouting yoohoo then it's too late generally yet if you watch it live it's an obvious miss.

Its possible that the ball floats in the air and its a pick 6 since he's throwing to the far side of the field and his feet arent set.

If that corner comes off Fitz and jumps the ball its possibly a Budda play without a DK specimen to catch him.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Britt, this isn't hard. Last year Kliff protected Kyler. made him run the training wheels version of the offense.

this year its full go. Yards per attempt way up. Same with designed runs for Kyler. Much easier to drive a car at 70 KMH vs 100 KMH. (I even went metric for ya :D)

Kyler will look erratic at times driving this offense at 100 KMH. that being said, his passing % is up. his YPA is up. and yes, INTS are up.

He's progressed as a passer and definitely improved vs last year. This offense should be a well oiled machine next year or late this year.

Additionally, more than a few on this year's interceptions were off tipped balls.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I'm not talking about easy. It was virtually impossible to get a good enough throw off at the very moment Nuk broke open. At that moment he was literally running backwards and evading 2 defenders.

This is not to say that he didn't have other opportunities to get the ball out on that play. I am simply pointing out that that one read was no where near as easy to make and even more so the throw as it is being made out to be.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never seen Kyler as animated on the sidelines as he was last night. Loved seeing that fire from him.

He was chewing someone out on the sideline!

Those tight ends that both missed a 3rd down block on a wr screen to hopkins

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

He was chewing out the defense early in the 3rd as well. They sure responded to it throughout the second half.
Best video I could find
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Additionally, more than a few on this year's interceptions were off tipped balls.
1 tipped pass vs. 49ers
1 tipped pass vs. Lions
1 tipped pass vs. Jets

Int vs. WFT was because Hopkins ran the wrong route leading the safety to jump it.

There will be tipped ints in the future as well because of his height...

Just gotta avoid the ones like against the Seahawks.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
There will be tipped ints in the future as well because of his height...

maybe

fwiw: opponents have all of 1 more tipped pass by rushers than the Cardinals ( iirc 5 vs 4)

its that 3 of their went straight up into the air / to a defender, while the tipped balls by the Cards have fallen harmlessly to the ground

there is a ton of randomness in that phenomenon

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
maybe

fwiw: opponents have all of 1 more tipped pass by rushers than the Cardinals ( iirc 5 vs 4)

its that 3 of their went straight up into the air / to a defender, while the tipped balls by the Cards have fallen harmlessly to the ground

there is a ton of randomness in that phenomenon
Also his passes aren’t particularly tipped more than those of other QBs, but his unfortunately went right to a defender.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Also his passes aren’t particularly tipped more than those of other QBs, but his unfortunately went right to a defender.

i could buy that rushers just try to keep him in the pocket, dont rush hard and keep their hands up -- then yes, you likely get more tipped passes, but also get wayyyyyyyyy fewer sacks

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I can't tell you how happy I was to watch our young QB Captain let the TE group know how pitiful that blocking effort was. Daniels & Arnold deserved it IMO.

+1

Also, Daniels is #81, right? He was so atrocious, from that play to dropping the easy pass on the first drive, that he should be gonzo. Cut the scrub.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
+1

Also, Daniels is #81, right? He was so atrocious, from that play to dropping the easy pass on the first drive, that he should be gonzo. Cut the scrub.
Yes. Daniels

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The best thing about KM is that he should be even better, next year. Win or lose, I always come away remembering about the great play Kyler made, either running or passing. The Detroit game wasn't a good one, but I remember Kyler's touchdown run when Okudah had him dead to rights at about the two yard line. Zip, zip, TD for Kyler. The future is an unknown, but I hope I'm around to see many more Kyler games.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
+1

He also missed a block on the goaline play Kyler scored a TD. Luckily got Kyler's got quick enough feet to make two guys miss.

My reaction watching Daniels all game

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If you really believe Kyler has gone backwards as a passer you’ve lost your mind. In fact, it’s pretty hard to argue that he’s not better in every aspect of his game even without a regular offseason to prepare.

If I’m a betting man, he will win NFC offensive player of the week tomorrow for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. It’s time to quit nitpicking every single throw of his & accept he’s already pretty good & most likely on an upward trajectory to very special
Yes, everyone was expecting him to make a leap and in many areas he has, I just said that. But he has still gone backwards as a passer. He's missed wide open guys several times, either just not seen them or sailed passes or thrown them into the dirt. He only has 2 games out of 7 where he hasn't thrown an INT. He has nearly twice as many INT's through 7 games this year than he did through 7 last year. And that's against some of the weakest passing defenses in the league in the easiest part of our schedule.

He improved against the Seahawks for sure, but then he also had probably his worst game ever just the week before against one of the worst defenses in the league.

I'm not expecting miracles from the kid. I'm happy with many of the ways he has progressed. I just didn't expect his throwing to regress, even slightly.

It's not always his actual throws, it's the throws he doesn't make. This is Sunday. We won so it's not such a big deal but it is.

This is the 4th down after Budda was run down by DK. We are about to turn it over on downs anyway so he has a free pass here, and INT doesn't matter as long as it isn't sixable.

First he turns down a wide open Kirk in the EZ. Don't say the DB is going to jump it because he doesn't and there's all kind of time before this image was taken for the ball to be arriving at Kirk as this shot is taken. Kyler is staring right at it but doesn't take it. That's an easy TD.

Then he runs around a bit and eventually just floats something up in hope that lands nowhere. But before that happens he has Nuk wide open in the EZ, again looking right at him but still doesn't throw it.

Both times the receivers are there waving their arms shouting "HELLOOOOOO, OVER HERE". I', not sure what more Kyler wants.