"I was wrong"

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not going to reply to every single Conner post, but if I was thinking about fantasy football, I'd be more excited about Conner.

For everyone claiming I want a top bell cow back, that's never been what I've been about. I want a better threat than what we have, is all. Plenty of teams employ committees, which is fine. Many of them have more reliable players. It's not like the results have been terrible, I just think they could be even better.

Everyone's thoughts come from your own words, which suggested using a first-round pick on a RB.

Own it!

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Everyone's thoughts come from your own words, which suggested using a first-round pick on a RB.

Own it!
If you read any of my posts, you'd see that I advocated for a 1st round RB because we didn't have a high 2nd, or any 3rd round pick, and no RBs under contract for 2022. There weren't going to be RBs for us to pick in the 2nd or 5th that would contribute, as too many teams had RB needs before us. (And even then, when we traded up to the 4th, 8 had already gone. 9 by what our pick would have been in the 5th.)

I would have been plenty happy to have left the RB position alone until the 2nd or 3rd if we has the position to grab a guy of worth.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
m
Wait weren’t you one of those defending Conner due to the decrepit Steelers oline and now you want to ignore that when examining najee?
No I said Conner averaged over 4.0 per Carry even with a ****** Pittsburgh OL. He continually bagged on Conner and was basically saying he’s trash.

I argued that anyone averaging 4.2 last year and for a career 4.3 IIRC with what was largely considered one of the worst OL in football couldn’t possibly be the trash he was claiming him to be.

That has no bearing on this year at all or Najee. If you look at Steelers OL they only have one starter that was the same as last year the other 4 are all new. The stats from our RB by Committee are better then Najee who has a completely revamped OL and still averaging .4 YPC lass then Conner did last year with a trash OL.

What

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you read any of my posts, you'd see that I advocated for a 1st round RB because we didn't have a high 2nd, or any 3rd round pick, and no RBs under contract for 2022. There weren't going to be RBs for us to pick in the 2nd or 5th that would contribute, as too many teams had RB needs before us. (And even then, when we traded up to the 4th, 8 had already gone. 9 by what our pick would have been in the 5th.)

I would have been plenty happy to have left the RB position alone until the 2nd or 3rd if we has the position to grab a guy of worth.

So, as said, you advocated for Harris over Collins in the first round.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
m

No I said Conner averaged over 4.0 per Carry even with a ****** Pittsburgh OL. He continually bagged on Conner and was basically saying he’s trash.

I argued that anyone averaging 4.2 last year and for a career 4.3 IIRC with what was largely considered one of the worst OL in football couldn’t possibly be the trash he was claiming him to be.

That has no bearing on this year at all or Najee. If you look at Steelers OL they only have one starter that was the same as last year the other 4 are all new. The stats from our RB by Committee are better then Najee who has a completely revamped OL and still averaging .4 YPC lass then Conner did last year with a trash OL.

What
So you did use last years oline to support Conner. And regardless of whether they’re the same players or not they’re still considered awful.

Conner has done a good job with his role this year. You just make a kinda poor argument trying to show najee is worse than our rbs (and I have no comment in regards to the substance of this argument bc I’ve never seen najee play this year).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you did use last years oline to support Conner. And regardless of whether they’re the same players or not they’re still considered awful.

Conner has done a good job with his role this year. You just make a kinda poor argument trying to show najee is worse than our rbs (and I have no comment in regards to the substance of this argument bc I’ve never seen najee play this year).
Your counter argument here whatever you wanna call it literally makes no sense.... I debated the a guy that had a 4.3 career average behind a terrible online was a decent RB while someone referred to him as a trash RB.... You can’t correlate with Najee. Because he has 4/5 of a
New OL.... which one would assume Pitt put together thinking it would be better.

Clearly you can’t assume what one running back would do in a different system etc. but stats are stats the Cardinals running back‘s with which many deem are running behind a mediocre OL are outperforming Najee as a whole. That’s all we have to go off. So not sure if your point? I think it’s been proven by his production in Pitt behind a terrible OL and his work here so far proves he wasn’t the trash a few posters here tried to claim.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Context matters
Yea. In fairness to @Solar7 the Steelers lost potential HOFs David Decastro and Maurkice Pouncey. Villanueva was there as well.

Those guys were at the end obviously, but probably still better than their current group. Big Ben was better and wr core healthier and Conner was just meh.

I love the short yardage, toughness and character of Conner. However, lets not let winning lose sight of the fact he's still only averaging 3.4 YPC on a team loaded with speed on the outside and should technically allow for James to run better. Chase is up to 6 YPC (not sustaintable, but still). I feel like teams are almost daring Kyler to hand it off and take their chances Conner wont run for much.

As much as I think the Cards are the best team in the football I do think the Cowboys have a more complete offense. Zeke is back to looking like star Zeke and they have their explosive cheap RB. I think Najee Harris would look very good on this squad with his pass catching ability and is fresher enough to be a breakway back.

I get not drafting him though cause chances are (tbh another Alabama back in Derrick Henry has proved you can last to your second contract and get better) he wont last past 5 years. However, I think he would have been really good in those 5 years. Im happy with Collins cause I do think he can be an 8 to 10 year really good player. It took me seeing him on the field to believe, but I believe in his talent and potential.

Still it is what it is. And I love that Conner turns nothing runs (again teams daring Kyler to hand it off to him) into something. He also seems to be a really good locker room fit. We keep winning and Collins becomes the stud we all think its all good. Hopefully we find a nice back on the 2nd day next year.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ready to give Keim his props yet also? He put this thing together in two years after the fiasco year.
I will be completely honest. Watching the absolute dumpster fire the eagles have become from the front row here in Philly, I am ecstatic that we have a competent front office, that actually has a plan, and is executing it. We may not have always agreed with it, but it is proving to be the right one and producing the results we have all been clamoring for. These bums here are completely rudderless and I love it. They are praying that Howie Roseman doesn't set this franchise back 10 years with this upcoming draft in which they are armed with high draft picks. Props Keim and co!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim Years:

10-6
11-5
13-3
8-8
7-8-1
3-13
5-10-1
8-8
7-0.....

I'm okay with it. Every team has up and down swings. The last two Arians years had good potential but we were blown up by too many injuries. Injuries like our QB, or our entire O Line out at once.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kiem pulled through, I can't even throw dirt on his name anymore. Of course they have to finish and get to the playoffs but if they finish with 14+ wins, he deserves GM of the year.