"I was wrong"

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A bit of a mea culpa in the aftermath of a great win. I was sitting next to my dad and one of my best friends since 2nd grade today, put my hands on both of their shoulders after the 3rd and 16... and expressed "I was wrong."

They laughed, because my doubts of Kyler Murray extended well past this forum.

K1's probably the biggest breath of fresh air I've had with this franchise since the prime years of Larry Fitzgerald, and it's hard to not get even more excited than that, since he's in command of this team. He does stuff that frustrates every single team in the NFL, and I think he's grown into a much better leader. This guy seems so dialed in. I read an article yesterday about him inquiring about the best patches of grass to get the best amount of speed on.

I can't fathom having a true MVP candidate on our roster. His excitement when we went up 3(4) to 13 despite Conner scoring instead of him, channeled everything I've wanted to see from the QB of the Arizona Cardinals.

Next Monday, I start a new job, which I'd seen as a bit of a bummer, but Murray's somehow made me remember how much I really love the Cards, and has brightened my spirits. He seems like a special player, and this is a fun team to watch! I know I've been hard on him. It's doubtful that I'll remain so. Our tilt against the 49ers is something I'm looking forward to, instead of terrified of.

Go Cards! :newcards:

Last edited:

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m glad that you’re finally enjoying it. God knows as Cardinals fans we’ve suffered enough over the years. Kyler looks like he’s really starting to figure it out. Even as a rookie on a bad team with an unproven coach the signs were there. The game never seemed to be to big or move to fast for him. It’s fun to be a Cardinals fan.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eh...its too soon for threads like this. No one should rag on you for an old opinion and you've done a good job being fair the last couple of years imo.

Not trying to get banned, but there is a line by The Wolf in Pulp Fiction that fits here.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Solar and I had some good back and forths back in the day about Kyler. I'm glad to say that I ultimately won. Lol. But, I'm also glad that we had those discussions. We never know anything....until we know. Just happy that we are all enjoying exciting football again. Go Cards!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have thought that Kyler was good. I questioned if he would be great.
I wasn’t thrilled with the weapons that were brought in for him this year. Lots of ??? With Kirk, Green and a rookie 2nd round pick. Not talked about enough, Hudson seems to have solidified our o-line and makes everybody around him better.
It appears the game has slowed down for Kyler.

We seem to be on to something here. Now we just all have to pray earth isn’t hit by a giant asteroid!

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Eh...its too soon for threads like this. No one should rag on you for an old opinion and you've done a good job being fair the last couple of years imo.

Not trying to get banned, but there is a line by The Wolf in Pulp Fiction that fits here.
I'll probably still caveat any true MVP talk until we get further down the line here, but I'm comfortable saying he's a really exciting player to watch. The step back he put on Donald was something I can't believe was on grass, instead of a basketball court. His legs move incredibly, and his arm is for real.

I still have my misgivings about Kliff and Keim, but a legitimate (and not recycled) NFL QB is exciting to have.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A bit of a mea culpa in the aftermath of a great win. I was sitting next to my dad and one of my best friends since 2nd grade today, put my hands on both of their shoulders after the 3rd and 16... and expressed "I was wrong."

K1's probably the biggest breath of fresh air I've had with this franchise since the prime years of Larry Fitzgerald, and it's hard to not get even more excited than that, since he's in command of this team. He does stuff that frustrates every single team in the NFL, and I think he's grown into a much better leader. This guy seems so dialed in. I read an article yesterday about him inquiring about the best patches of grass to get the best amount of speed on.

I can't fathom having a true MVP candidate on our roster. His excitement when we went up 3(4) to 13 despite Conner scoring instead of him channeled everything I've wanted to see from the QB of the Arizona Cardinals.

Next Monday, I start a new job, which I'd seen as a bit of a bummer, but Murray's somehow made me remember how much I really love the Cards, and has brightened my spirits. He seems like a special player, and this is a fun team to watch! I know I've been hard on him. It's doubtful that I'll remain so. Our tilt against the 49ers is something I'm looking forward to, instead of terrified of.

I been hard on the kid too. But Im a true believer at this point. I cam to that realization when faced with the scenario of..." if Kyler demanded to be traded and any other QB in the league was an option...who would you trade him for straight up"

I thought about it and I could only come up with two names.
Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen.

I wanted Lamar in the draft, but even Baltimore would have to sweeten the pot to get Kyler.....I wouldnt trade him for any of the older QB's..... the longevity has value. I dont want a great qb for the next five years I want a great qb for the next 12-15 years
I was concerned about his arm strength because I havent seen those laser 20 yard out passes from him... but then he stumbles back, and off his back foot casually flips the ball 45 yards down field into a fast moving five gallon bucket like it aint ****...makes me think, "damn that was a lucky pass"... but then he does it again,...and again,...and again...until logic demands I recognize it just aint luck.
I aint gonna lie, I was expecting him to play like this last season and was mostly disappointed... but with covid...and a learning first time coach I guess the kid needs a little slack.
the only downside I see is expectations are sky high..... I know with the talent we have this team can beat any team in the nfl....and I actually expect them to beat most of them....
my dearest wish is that coach bro can keep the team from believing their own press

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
No one doubts that you didn't want what was best for the team.

I was wrong about Kyler too, look at my avatar for God sakes. We just want this damn team to win so bad, it's fandom baby.

This team should be having Superbowl aspirations after that.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Glad to see you come around to supporting a QB that everyone said would not make it in the NFL... I remember cheering for doug Flutie when I was younger and like my screen name says.... I've been a fan of K1 since Day 1... These are the type of players that remind us all how much having HEART can be just as important as size or strength.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I been hard on the kid too. But Im a true believer at this point. I cam to that realization when faced with the scenario of..." if Kyler demanded to be traded and any other QB in the league was an option...who would you trade him for straight up"

I thought about it and I could only come up with two names.
Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen.

I wanted Lamar in the draft, but even Baltimore would have to sweeten the pot to get Kyler.....I wouldnt trade him for any of the older QB's..... the longevity has value. I dont want a great qb for the next five years I want a great qb for the next 12-15 years
I was concerned about his arm strength because I havent seen those laser 20 yard out passes from him... but then he stumbles back, and off his back foot casually flips the ball 45 yards down field into a fast moving five gallon bucket like it aint ****...makes me think, "damn that was a lucky pass"... but then he does it again,...and again,...and again...until logic demands I recognize it just aint luck.
I aint gonna lie, I was expecting him to play like this last season and was mostly disappointed... but with covid...and a learning first time coach I guess the kid needs a little slack.
the only downside I see is expectations are sky high..... I know with the talent we have this team can beat any team in the nfl....and I actually expect them to beat most of them....
my dearest wish is that coach bro can keep the team from believing their own press
You're actually right, I'd take Kyler over Lamar Jackson both right now, and in the long run. Jackson may have the better pure running ability, but as we see right now with his back injury, there's a lot of potential wear and tear out there. He's very special, but might get beaten up, and doesn't have the passing ability.

You're pretty much right on with those two being the only ones I'd trade for in an even trade, barring the hypothetical things like Brady winning us a Super Bowl since he seems to just be able to do that on command.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff had said there was a three-year growth plan when it came to KM, which would come to fruition when after mastering the playbook he could effectively read all counters the 'D' was attempting. Those who appreciated the deliberate plan as outlined are less surprised by the results.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me the best part of yesterday was we did the right thing. Said it all week if they play 2 high safeties with 6 or 7 in the box we have to run, we did virtually every time. We took shots downfield when there like the one to Green. Even late in the game right before the run by Chase I posted if we do that little inside shovel to Chase it'll go to the house, you could see how the Rams were playing they were trying to get a hit in the backfield get a safety and they were sold out if you broke the LOS it was going for a long play. It wasn't a shovel just a straight handoff but absolutely the perfect call.

Rams missed some plays, bad throws, drops etc but don't forget the Green drop hurt the first drive. The near completion to D Hop that should have been PI, the one near the goalline I'm still convinced Hop caught but the refs didn't review it so we settled for a FG on that drive. Point being they could have been better but we had plays we nearly made too. Just a little bit here and there and Kyler puts up 40 + on that Rams defense, very impressive

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I can't fathom having a true MVP candidate on our roster. His excitement when we went up 3(4) to 13 despite Conner scoring instead of him, channeled everything I've wanted to see from the QB of the Arizona Cardinals.

17-0

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let me premise what I'm about to say by being honest that I had always been a fan of the prototypical 6'4" or taller QB's that sat in the pocket & were pure passers. I hated Fran Tarkenton in my youth, but mainly because the Cardinals could never beat him when he was with the Giants in the old NFC East. Having always been an OU fan, I really got caught up in the early Lincoln Riley years, first with Mayfield, and then with Murray. I heard all the hype around Kyler, but didn't want to believe it. I actually snickered at how young & short he looked when I first saw him in shotgun formation. It didn't take long for me to change my mind. I couldn't wait for Saturdays to watch this kid. Many of the people on this board were hesitant to accept him, but I had watched him for an entire season, so I was ALL ABOARD from day 1. The kid is special & I've waited so, so long to see a Cardinal QB that would drive DC's insane. You can't win in the NFL without a franchise QB, and WE have ours!!!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was awesome yesterday. Looked confident when he walked out, played lights out every play, called guys out when they messed up and looked like a true leader. By far his best ever performance.

To go into the Rams own stadium and throw 75% against that defense (before deducting drops and throwaways) was truly superb. His true completion percentage must be pushing 90%.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And the worst part now is that his extension is getting more expensive every week. Lock him up before we play another game! If he wins MVP and takes us deep into the playoffs, he'll cost $50 million a year. Yes. I predict a 10 year $500 million contract!
Yep. We may need to play with 10 players in order to afford him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was marveling about how calm he was. He was in total command of that game. By comparison, Stafford was not. He was the one who got a little rattled, made some crap throws, got an INT.

I am proud that he is our QB. Pay the man!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson