I hope Brandon Williams is worth it.

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
We could of had Dak Prescott. He had a QB rating 154.5. Threw 10 completions for 12 attempts, 139 yds and 2 TDs. He started the game which means he was going against first stringers. It was his first NFL game.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually, you could have said "I hope Evan Boehm is worth it", as he was taken just 7 slots ahead of Dak in the fourth round.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He did look good, but its preseason. If he is a starter next year(or these year when Romo goes down) and he kills it, this will be a woulda coulda shoulda deal. Unless BW is a top CB by then. :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Logan Thomas looked pretty special in a preseason game and unless the starters on defense stayed out there for more than one series in their vanilla defense... well, I will not put too much stock into the Dak :)

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In fairness to Prescott, if he were a Cardinal, we'd be saying all kinds of crazy things. Like, we should trade CP for a couple of first round picks, etc.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We could of had Dak Prescott. He had a QB rating 154.5. Threw 10 completions for 12 attempts, 139 yds and 2 TDs. He started the game which means he was going against first stringers. It was his first NFL game.

There was a time Logan Thomas looked like the goods in his first pre season game lol

Relax we got a long way to go

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
You lost me when you started the sentence as "We could OF..."

:D

:BIM:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

This seems appropriate for this thread:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Prescott is who I wanted the Cards to draft as the QotF.
I think he would've struggled in our offense, given all the hits & free rushers he would've had to deal with. 2 totally difference offenses & Olines which play a huge factor.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dak did look good. Made good decisions. Poised, calm and cool...but he saw nothing defensively. He saw one blitz and a vanilla 4-3 base man on man(speaking on last week's gm).
Still, could be a nice find for the Cowboys who need someone to develop. There's nothing else there behind Romo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
Dak's second pre-season game

He had a Qb rating of 158.3. He was 12 of 15 for 199 yds. He had 2 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs, and 2 field goals. No interception though he was lucky on that account. He was intercepted but a defender committed a roughing the passer foul. He basically played the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

After two games, that's 6 TDs and 3 field goals in 60 minutes of play. Not bad for a beginner.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brandon Williams is a huge problem IMO. He doesnt just get beat, he gets beat bad, that means touchdowns in the nfl. They need a proven veteren average corner over there.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm really not that worried about this kid yet. First of all, Powers and Bethel sucked, so even if he sucks it should be right around that same level of sucking. However, I see all the athletic ability everyone says he has, but he just looks overwhelmed out there right now. That's what gives me hope because I think he's just in the frying pan right now. I will reserve judgement until he has more than 2 preseason games under his belt. He's going to make us all pull our hair out more than once this season, but I bet you anything this kid makes a few spectacular plays that make us love him again.

I have no idea how good he's going to be, I think he has a high ceiling and it will come down to coaching and how well he can assimilate to the chaotic demands of an NFL corner.

It's all about having some perspective. Game 1 he dodges a huge bullet by not having to get eaten alive by Tom Brady. Garrapolo is still going to pick on him, and he's going to get beat, but let's just give this kid a couple of actual games before we dub him the B word.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brandon Williams is a huge problem IMO. He doesnt just get beat, he gets beat bad, that means touchdowns in the nfl. They need a proven veteren average corner over there.
Nah, the coaches need to give Brandon Williams' attention to the better rookie CB, Harlan Miller. He's more fluid, has better technique, & pretty much just a CB with way less flaws.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Brandon Williams is a huge problem IMO. He doesnt just get beat, he gets beat bad, that means touchdowns in the nfl.
Exactly what he did at A&M which I posted numerous times the day we drafted him. I saw enough Aggie games to see for every 4 good plays he had he gave up chunk yards over the top on the next

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson