I bought a guitar

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My acoustic needs to be repaired and I just got a big "I told you so" from the wife. Ever since we moved into the new house, the wife has been telling me to put the electric and the acoustic on the wall. I just have had them on stands in my office. Well my 4 year old decided to crank on the string pegs and now I have a crack on the bridge.

UGH!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My acoustic needs to be repaired and I just got a big "I told you so" from the wife. Ever since we moved into the new house, the wife has been telling me to put the electric and the acoustic on the wall. I just have had them on stands in my office. Well my 4 year old decided to crank on the string pegs and now I have a crack on the bridge.

UGH!

I would love to have them lower on stands but the wall hangers are nice and keeps the kids from touching them. The wall hanger I got is only like 10 bucks and works great, I recommend those kind.

However, once I am accomplished, I will be using hangers like this one for $65:

Amazon.com: Guitar Grip Skeleton Grip Reaper Guitar Hanger: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bQ-XmlLJL.@@AMEPARAM@@51bQ-XmlLJL

Amazon.com: Guitar Grip Toxic Zombie Guitar Hanger: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LtcsKYL8L.@@AMEPARAM@@51LtcsKYL8L

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

UGH!

:sad:

Just thought I would point out that not all wall mounts are created equal. We were up at our lead guitarist's house this weekend and he pulled down his Joe Bonamassa Studio Les Paul for me to play and the wall mount had reacted chemically with the finish! Hopefully it will buff out, but that guitar cost around $1400 so choose carefully if you're hanging up a valuable instrument. I've had no problems with my Hercules branded stands, but they are on the more expensive side.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shifting my focus over the next few weeks to learn keys. Keys I am targeting for now will be G, C, E.

I feel like practicing keys will help me master my chord progression and hand placements better than I am doing now.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shifting my focus over the next few weeks to learn keys. Keys I am targeting for now will be G, C, E.

I feel like practicing keys will help me master my chord progression and hand placements better than I am doing now.

:thumbup:

Reaction score

Just thought I would point out that not all wall mounts are created equal. We were up at our lead guitarist's house this weekend and he pulled down his Joe Bonamassa Studio Les Paul for me to play and the wall mount had reacted chemically with the finish! Hopefully it will buff out, but that guitar cost around $1400 so choose carefully if you're hanging up a valuable instrument. I've had no problems with my Hercules branded stands, but they are on the more expensive side.

Awesome guitarist.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That never even crossed my mind. Maybe I will look into the Hercules. You don't happen to know what brand he had? If so, that would help me steer clear.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That never even crossed my mind. Maybe I will look into the Hercules. You don't happen to know what brand he had? If so, that would help me steer clear.

http://hangemhigh.net/

My buddy is measuring rope for them as we speak. :madarms:

Also, they're not responding to his emails either.

Last edited:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Can't believe I just noticed this thread!
I guess I never thought to discuss guitars on my sports forum lol.

Another vote to the Hercules (model GSP39WB) specifically.

All my guitars stay in their cases, with the exception of my daily players... Which has now been whittled down to 3.

It was 4 (which is how many hercules wall mounts I have mounted)

But now one acts as my golf visor holder :p

One holds my Martin DCPA4
One holds a Jackson Soloist, that get's played so little lately, it might be replaced by my Les Paul Classic, or become another visor holder.

The third one is for my 57 Strat reissue.

And the last one (but definitely not least) that stays out on the wall.
Is my favorite guitar ever, a fairly new acquisition.

My new pride and joy!

You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All my guitars stay in their cases, with the exception of my daily players... Which has now been whittled down to 3.

One holds a Jackson Soloist, that get's played so little lately, it might be replaced by my Les Paul Classic, or become another visor holder.

My new pride and joy!

Dan Grosh?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My new pride and joy!

Welcome to the thread :raccoon:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crook Guitars

He is a custom builder in West Virginia.
Brad Paisley has an enormous collection of them.

Interesting, first I've heard of him. He must be doing something right if Brad's into it! Congrats!

I feel like a custom would be wasted on someone of my limited talents. My mexi-strat and SG-Melody Maker cover most of the ground I need. I've tweaked them a bit, but I've been happy with the changes I've made.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turns out the new guitar my daughter bought and my newer electric i got to accompany the other both have action too low causing buzzing sounds when playing in the first frets. Time to spend more money on action changes!!

First ill see if guitar center will just fix it free since they sold it this way.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
turns out the new guitar my daughter bought and my newer electric i got to accompany the other both have action too low causing buzzing sounds when playing in the first frets. Time to spend more money on action changes!!

First ill see if guitar center will just fix it free since they sold it this way.

Definitely have GC set them up properly if they are new.

For future reference though, if you're even semi confident with a screwdriver and/or allen wrench, Doing basic intonations and setups are fairly easy, there are hundreds, if not thousands of good how-to's on Youtube.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely have GC set them up properly if they are new.

For future reference though, if you're even semi confident with a screwdriver and/or allen wrench, Doing basic intonations and setups are fairly easy, there are hundreds, if not thousands of good how-to's on Youtube.
:raccoon:

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:raccoon:

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Your buddy who works on guitars could easily show you the ropes on basic guitar maintenance. The floating tremolo on your electric may take a little practice, though. :pullhair:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So what amplifier are you using with that sexy beast?

A Dr Z Maz 8 (in pic below)
It's my second go round with this amp... I bought it a few years ago, loved it, But it just needed to be turned up WAY too loud to hit my tonal sweet spot, (And that was with a built in "brake lite attenuator")

I sold it, but recently picked up another, and I'm trying some different attenuators.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Dr Z Maz 8 (in pic below)
It's my second go round with this amp... I bought it a few years ago, loved it, But it just needed to be turned up WAY too loud to hit my tonal sweet spot, (And that was with a built in "brake lite attenuator")

I sold it, but recently picked up another, and I'm trying some different attenuators.

You don't do anything halfway, do you? :rockon:

That's a serious boutique set up, and I'll bet they sound fabulous together. :thumbup:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You don't do anything halfway, do you? :rockon:

That's a serious boutique set up, and I'll bet they sound fabulous together. :thumbup:

They do!

But I'm thinking about selling it again... I picked one of these up a few weeks ago, and it's absolutely the best amp for the money I have ever played, better in fact, than amps I have paid twice as much for.

It's biggest fault is a crappy reverb tank, but I'm replacing that with a much better tank for under $20.

Monoprice sends out coupon codes all the time, I got mine for just over $200 delivered.. It's truly a fantastic amp!!!

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=115&cp_id=11501&cs_id=1150102&p_id=611815&seq=1&format=2

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do!

But I'm thinking about selling it again... I picked one of these up a few weeks ago, and it's absolutely the best amp for the money I have ever played, better in fact, than amps I have paid twice as much for.

It's biggest fault is a crappy reverb tank, but I'm replacing that with a much better tank for under $20.

Monoprice sends out coupon codes all the time, I got mine for just over $200 delivered.. It's truly a fantastic amp!!!

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=115&cp_id=11501&cs_id=1150102&p_id=611815&seq=1&format=2

This is no lie, I've had my eyes on that amp for about two weeks now! I'm just waiting for a coupon to drop!

I love my '68 Twin, but that sucker is a back-breaker. I need a grab and go amp that takes pedals and this looks like just the ticket. I'm sure I could replace the reverb tank here:

https://www.tubesandmore.com/

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator: