How credible is Matt Miller? Interesting things he said.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just read his post combine analysis & mock draft. He basically said "now that the draft is over, my thoughts on what I think & what I'm hearing". He said "I haven't talked to one coach, agent, Scout or general manager that doesn't believe the cardinals will draft anyone other than kyler Murray with the #1 pick". Either the cardinals are putting up a damn good smokescreen or everyone already knows? Other links I'm reading say they're shopping rosen to other teams. I realize there's been a gazillion threads about this already but we have the #1 pick & it needs to be talked about. I just don't want them to screw this pick up on the wrong player. Many on this board want Rosen gone while others want them to keep Rosen. Personally I think rosen needs more time, but what if they don't draft Murray & he becomes an all world QB for another team? Then all the talking heads will say the cardinals screwed the #1 pick up. Then again, if they trade Rosen, he becomes a damn good QB & murray ends up being a bust, we all know how that will be talked about, it could set us back another 5-10 yrs. Lots of unknowns right now, I'll get on board with whatever decision they make because I'm a lifelong cardinals fan but I want them to get it right. The safest bet would be to take bosa & keep Rosen, build around him & see what happens. Or trade down, pick up Williams or allen, keep Rosen & build with the extra picks & free agency. Time will tell but all the talk isn't going away until the draft gets closer.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There's plenty to be said here, but I think the clear fact is this:

If Rosen doesn't pan out, we'll have another stab at the top next year, and certainty that he's not the guy. If Murray doesn't pan out... well, we're gonna be in real bad shape for the wrong side of a decade (We're already 3 years into the wrong side).

I'd rather be a 9-10 win team with a chance than a 0 or 15 win team.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sometimes u have to make some risky move especially coming from a very bad season where everything went wrong
However i trust the management pursuing their plan, in a league where the pass rushers are faster then ever u need two types of qbs, one with great anticipation and able to read faster the upcoming plays or a very mobile qb able to play in the pocket , making accurate throws while running and gaining yards when its matter with his own feet

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If Rosen doesn't pan out, we'll have another stab at the top next year, and certainty that he's not the guy. If Murray doesn't pan out... well, we're gonna be in real bad shape for the wrong side of a decade (We're already 3 years into the wrong side).

If they keep Rosen & he doesn't pan out, maybe tua from Alabama after next season or Trevor Lawrence from Clemson the season after? Man..........thats 2 yrs of being horrible I just can't take. We can all wish, I wish for last to first next season. Hell, 8-8 would be nice after last season.

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
A lot of people seem to think we need a running QB like Murray to be successful and a prototypical pocket passer (Rosen) wont work but if you could have Trevor Lawrence or Kyler Murray in this draft who would you take?

Kyler may look great but that's compared to the weak qb class this year, you have to put everything in perspective.

Rosen is not the issue, there are bigger needs here.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Chandler Jones and Nick Bosa

I have seen a lot of big games won with a pass rush, and good defense.

And that is NOT "old-school" thinking.

That is the way I would go.

If they trade down, then I would be surprised, because I am not sure you are getting a defensive player worth trading down for (see the Terrell Suggs debacle).

It is not the value of Bosa versus every draft ever done, it is this year, and this class. He is the best player, with Quenin Williams a close 2nd.

The Cardinals can go with Murray, I would understand the thinking yet would not agree with it.

The Cardinals spent last year destroying the offensive side of the roster, they now have the potential to destroy the defensive side of the roster.

Leaving them with nothing. One injury to Chandler Jones, and they have ZERO pass rush.

But, if they want to take that risk, it is Keim's job, and Bidwill's legacy at stake, not mine. I can just turn the TV off, and go do something productive on a Sunday afternoon. Hockey starts in October anyway, LOL.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I haven't talked to one coach, agent, Scout or general manager that doesn't believe the cardinals will draft anyone other than kyler Murray with the #1 pick".

That is a poorly constructed sentence by someone who makes their living writing. :computer:

No no no on Murray. Trade rights to #1 for a bundle if he is that damn good.

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind trading down but only as low as #4, I think we could still get Allen there or maybe even Williams if the jets mess it up.

Then we would also get get a second first round pick to get a great offensive lineman or even a TE if one if them slides a bit.

We would also probably get a 3rd or a 2nd next year, great pick for a starting WR or LB

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
If you go do a simulation with drafting Kyler and not drafting Kyler, we are able to draft a stronger all around squad if we opt to NOT draft Kyler with our 1st. It looks even better if we trade down a couple of spots.

I'm not 100% sold on Rosen but we need to give him a chance with a solid coaching staff instead of last year. Everyone's numbers tanked on offense with Wilk's as head coach.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
besides having a bundle of questions about Murray's physical spec's, now Charlie Casserly is reporting Murray sucked in the interview process.

More crap on the pile.

NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly said on Tuesday afternoon that Murray is garnering "the worst comments" Casserly has ever heard about a high-rated quarterback after the combine:

"He better hope [Kliff] Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good. These were the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback and I've been doing this a long time...leadership—not good. Study habits—not good. The board work—below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas, raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...eedback-on-kyler-murray-worst-hes-ever-gotten

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
"I haven't talked to one coach, agent, Scout or general manager that doesn't believe the cardinals will draft anyone other than kyler Murray with the #1 pick".

what if other NFL people are reduced to speculating wildly just like us?

i find is really hard to believe that the guys who really know what they are going to do: Mike B, Keim, KK to a degree -- are telling their peers on other teams

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This makes no sense at all.

If Murray sucks, we will have a high draft pick again, and nothing is stopping us from drafting another qb. Murray will in no way shape or form guarantee us sucking for a decade anymore than Rosen not panning out will.

Why do you think an irrational argument helps convince anyone - we get it you don't want the Cardinals to draft Murray really badly.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to think we need a running QB like Murray to be successful and a prototypical pocket passer (Rosen) wont work but if you could have Trevor Lawrence or Kyler Murray in this draft who would you take?

Kyler may look great but that's compared to the weak qb class this year, you have to put everything in perspective.

Rosen is not the issue, there are bigger needs here.

No, it is not because he is a running qb at all. I guess that is a bonus to escape pressure, but I don't want a bunch of designed plays for him to run, that is a great way to get him hurt.

What it is about is Rosen was not good last year, Murray was actually a better passer than Rosen in college, and he probably fits Kliffs offense better.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This makes no sense at all.

If Murray sucks, we will have a high draft pick again, and nothing is stopping us from drafting another qb. Murray will in no way shape or form guarantee us sucking for a decade anymore than Rosen not panning out will.

Why do you think an irrational argument helps convince anyone - we get it you don't want the Cardinals to draft Murray really badly.

It’s really easy because if Murray doesn’t pan out you are drafting a QB for the THIRD time in the first round in just a few years. That would be a setback for sure...if we draft Murray and he doesn’t pan out we have nothing from this years or last years first round to show for it, if we stay with Rosen and he doesn’t pan out we at least would have Bosa/Williams on the team.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s really easy because if Murray doesn’t pan out you are drafting a QB for the THIRD time in the first round in just a few years. That would be a setback for sure...if we draft Murray and he doesn’t pan out we have nothing from this years or last years first round to show for it, if we stay with Rosen and he doesn’t pan out we at least would have Bosa/Williams on the team.
This is a very poor pattern of throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if something sticks. If the Cards win 5-6 games this season it is growth. Hard for me to believe Murray or any 1st year QB will be a miracle worker. It has never been done. Next years QB crop, on paper, seems better than this year's crop/ If KK is the real deal this team improves with Rosen. If not throw crap against the wall next year.

Baby steps seems to be better than finding lightning in a bottle and competing for the NFC West title.

BTW, anyone aware that Murray used 8-10 step drops @ Oklahoma? If anyone wants to see what Rosen might do in a KK offense, check out his last year's QB Alan Bowman.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Even if Rosen is borderline average, we will not be anywhere near the top of the draft list next year. Just a change at HC adds 3-4 more wins AT LEAST. If we don’t draft Murray, whoever does, will be in the playoffs next year. And probably deep into the playoffs at that.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if Rosen is borderline average, we will not be anywhere near the top of the draft list next year. Just a change at HC adds 3-4 more wins AT LEAST. If we don’t draft Murray, whoever does, will be in the playoffs next year. And probably deep into the playoffs at that.

You did not just say that, did you?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

That last part might be the silliest thing I have read on this board in a LONG time. Murray is not taking any team on a deep playoff run as a rookie. Lots of generational QBs have struggled getting wins as rookies and he is far from that level of talent

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude the man love for untested unproven 5’10” rookie is a little over the top don’t ya think???

“Whoever takes Murray will be in the playoffs and probably deep into the playoffs”

Wow dude.... stop already just stop... lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose