How bad is Chad Williams?

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That he can’t see the field with this group of receivers. As horrible as the coaching has been, it’s these awful draft choices that are ruining this roster. 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks need to stick. The last 2 drafts have produced Brandon Williams, Evan Boehm, Marquis Christian,Chad Williams, Dorian Johnson, and Will Holden in rounds 3-5. That is inexcusable! Someone in the scouting department needs to go!!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not so sure if it’s just Arians being stubborn by not giving him PT, or if he’s really bad. I knew Brandon Williams & Will Holden were atrocious picks by the time they were called, but I didn’t get that same feeling for Chad.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Didn't Arians say all along that Chad Williams wouldn't be ready until Thanksgiving?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wasn’t in shape to start camp. Likely the reason he couldn’t climb up the depth chart. Bet we see him active on sundays very soon

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
How bad or how unproductive is Bustdiche that he can't get a start or big playing minutes in front of Frostee, Maura, Gunter, Xavier? Hmmmm

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
How bad or how unproductive is Bustdiche that he can't get a start or big playing minutes in front of Frostee, Maura, Gunter, Xavier? Hmmmm

I thought he was on the field quite a bit... had a couple nice run stops. Not sure of the exact snap count though. HOWEVER the run defense seemed to take a big step back with Peters out. We need to re-sign him

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm thinking this changes this week. Arians wasn't happy. Personally, I would rather just have the size of Seals-Jones in a Michael Floyd role. I feel the vertical size down the field has been a missing part of our offense.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Hopefully Williams can catch the ball. That will make him the second best receiver on the field automatically. Man how I long for the days of having Boldin and Fitz on the field.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Who said he is bad? I know he's been injured and BA today said he's healthy and looking good in practice. Expect him to see the field soon.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Go Chad we need you, Gabbert balls look harder and faster and more accurate than DS and CP - it’s like they skip off the hands of both JBs and Nelson. I don’t know the answer to that, maybe a jugs machine adjustment.

I mean it’s like damn coach, can’t make the play he hit me in my hands again!

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maybe they need to look at the scouting dep't. Too many flops in the draft.

Dru Grigson Director, College Scouting
Quentin Harris Director, Pro Scouting
Debbie Pollom College Scouting Coordinator
Chris Culmer Western Regional Scout
Luke Palko Eastern Regional Scout
Zac Canty Area Scout
John Mancini Area Scout
John Ritcher Area Scout
Josh Scobey Area Scout
Darius Vinnett Area Scout
Glen Fox Pro Scout
Adrian Wilson Scout
Ryan Gold Scout
Alfonza Knight Scout
I don't necessarily agree with it being the scouts. The scouts just bring back the info. It is the GM and Head coach who really set the board. I don't know that Chad Williams is a bad pick, but he was a bad third round pick. Haason Reddick probably sticks in this league, but not worth a 1st. Same with Deone Bucannon. Same with Humphries and Nkemdiche. Taking Rodney Gunter isn't terrible, but putting his value in the 4th round is not great. It is the same with Dorian Johnson. Guys fall for a reason, and his reason is one that we didn't value enough or we didn't see it. Both are the problem of the guy setting board.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Someone in the scouting department needs to go!!

I agree. Their scouting when it comes to receivers needs to be completely overhauled. I've said it before. They place zero emphasis on ball skills - hands and body positionng. They need people who can judge that. It shouldn't be hard because those are things that jump out at you when you watch the tape.

If you had to rank the Cardinals on ball skills, what would it be? I have:

1. Larry
2. PP
3. Badger

After that, maybe Seals-Jones? I'd have to see more. But that's about it for the Cardinals 'hands team'.

I'm surprised at how BA condones drafting receivers with no ball skills. He has to know how important it is in the playoffs. Think of the Atlanta playoff game when the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl. There were zero drops in that game. Every catch was critical. If any of those were drops, the Cardinals don't advance.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with it being the scouts. The scouts just bring back the info. It is the GM and Head coach who really set the board. I don't know that Chad Williams is a bad pick, but he was a bad third round pick. Haason Reddick probably sticks in this league, but not worth a 1st. Same with Deone Bucannon. Same with Humphries and Nkemdiche. Taking Rodney Gunter isn't terrible, but putting his value in the 4th round is not great. It is the same with Dorian Johnson. Guys fall for a reason, and his reason is one that we didn't value enough or we didn't see it. Both are the problem of the guy setting board.
GIGO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison