H'lo Cards...

Ole Saint

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to discussing football with you guys and the game Sunday...I hope some of you are able to travel down to New Orleans for the game..it is a very unique experience...

I have yet to see your team play this year, but I have noticed the rebound since the disappointing start...what are some things we can expect to see from your team Sunday?

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to discussing football with you guys and to the game Sunday...I hope some of you are able to travel down to New Orleans for the game..it is a very unique experience...

I have yet to see your team play this year, but I have noticed the rebound since the disappointing start...what are some things we can expect to see from your team Sunday?
a soft zone.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
expect PP21 on Michael Thomas all day and Cardinals offensive line to surprise.

Welcome Ole Saint. do you believe the nonsense that Brees could be back this week?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Brees is back. I think that Payton is realizing that Teddy allows him more flexibility right now than Brees does. Nothing against Brees. He’s a HOF’er & is truly great. But Payton is running plays that he wouldn’t do with Brees in there.

OP
OP
O

Ole Saint

Reaction score
Supposedly Brees will be ready to go Sunday, albeit in a backup role...we have a bye after this game so if we can make it through this game without using him he will have an extra 2 weeks to recover...obviously he would be 100% at that point...

Incredible that anyone would want to face Drew Brees over Teddy Bridgewater...that just shows that you guys haven’t had to deal with Brees very often over the years...Teddy misses throws every week that Drew simply would not miss...as for as Payton running plays with Teddy that he wouldn’t run with Brees, can you give me an example?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expect to see us get our butts kicked. New Orleans is one of the hardest places to play in the NFL. Look at our last 3 trips

09/22/2013 Loss 7-31

01/16/2010 Loss 14 - 45

12/16/2007 Loss 24 - 31

Cardinals haven't won in New Orleans since 1996

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Supposedly Brees will be ready to go Sunday, albeit in a backup role...we have a bye after this game so if we can make it through this game without using him he will have an extra 2 weeks to recover...obviously he would be 100% at that point...

Incredible that anyone would want to face Drew Brees over Teddy Bridgewater...that just shows that you guys haven’t had to deal with Brees very often over the years...Teddy misses throws every week that Drew simply would not miss...as for as Payton running plays with Teddy that he wouldn’t run with Brees, can you give me an example?

I'm also surprised people would rather face brees. He's a sure fire HOF QB.... Teddy is good but he's not a HOFer... We're lucky to catch you guys with the back up in but I dont think itll matter much. Cards still lose this game.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bloodbath in the Bayou. The Cards are going to get killed and it won't be pretty.

OP
OP
O

Ole Saint

Reaction score
It should be worth pointing out that the Saints will be down 3 corners...Patrick Robinson and Eli Apple were both injured yesterday and are unlikely to play next Sunday...PJ Williams, the nickel corner, won't play vs the Cardinals due to suspension...I read somewhere yesterday that the Cardinals spread the field with more 4-5 receiver sets than any team in the NFL, so that could be an issue for the Saints...potentially a BIG issue...

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be worth pointing out that the Saints will be down 3 corners...Patrick Robinson and Eli Apple were both injured yesterday and or unlikely to play next Sunday...PJ Williams, the nickel corner, won't play vs the Cardinals due to suspension...I read somewhere yesterday that the Cardinals spread the field with more 4-5 receiver sets than any team in the NFL, so that could be an issue for the Saints...potential a BIG issue...

Cardinals do run a ton of 4 and 5 wide but it isn't traditional in thinking of spread out and run downfield. It's really a horizontal passing game designed to get the ball in space. It's as much of a run play 50% of the time as a pass play.

Tackling is much more important than coverage in my opinion. Teams that have had the most success against our offense have limited the yards after the catch

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think this game will be much more competitive than a lot will predict. I suspect we end up losing in the end, but I don’t think we are getting blown out like some seem to think.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this game will be much more competitive than a lot will predict. I suspect we end up losing in the end, but I don’t think we are getting blown out like some seem to think.

Murray will have to be Player of the Week version for us to have a chance. History just isn't on our side here.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Expect to see us get our butts kicked. New Orleans is one of the hardest places to play in the NFL. Look at our last 3 trips

Bloodbath in the Bayou. The Cards are going to get killed and it won't be pretty.

I am with you guys that this could get ugly real fast. Like, 24-0 midway through the 2nd quarter bad. New Orleans (Brees or not) is a top 3 squad in the NFL right now. Our only hope is complacence. Hold out Brees and Kamara till after the bye, coming off a huge game in Chicago, looking at their individual travel itineraries for the next weekend, knowing that they have a division that is easily winnable regardless.

Of course there is always a "chance". But I would be hard pressed to say that we will be even competitive on Sunday. And I think Brees doesn't go because they know they can win without him. Just like we did with DJ in New York.

Kyler, the WR's (including Kirk), and the O-Line will have to be in sync like never before. Affording him the time to look down the field on throws. it's the only way we can even keep it close IMO.

NO is full of fast defenders who tackle well, cover a lot of ground, and make impact tackles. If we try our horizontal attack on this defense we will get clobbered like a hot girl on Bourbon Street.

Must look long, deep dig routes, with dagger like accuracy. Combine that with a fast and ferocious run attack and we may be able to run with you guys for a little while.

In the end though....... I give our defense a 2 out of 10 drives chance of stopping you from scoring. Maybe 3 out of 10 with PP back there. And I don't see us jacking up 35 points.

My main question is: Will Kamara be ready? Or will they hold him out through the bye as well?

OP
OP
O

Ole Saint

Reaction score
We will see...obviously, there is a lot of confidence among our fan base at the moment...I've been a Saints fan for a long time, so I remember what it was like to try and break through to be one of the top NFL teams, which I am sure is the Cardinals goal...and I am definitely not trying to sound condescending...not too many years ago we were 7-9...at the moment we have what appears to be sustainable success...but in the NFL, things can change very, very quickly...

ETA: so far no word on Kamara...with the way Murray played vs the Bears, I would not be shocked to see AK sit again...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Murray will have to be Player of the Week version for us to have a chance. History just isn't on our side here.

This... Every time I merely think about the Superdome, the image of Kurt getting de-cleated instantly comes to mind. Ugh... I hate that place. But I hope Kyler loves it!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Trust me dude, I've watched Drew Brees play his ENTIRE career. I've seen him shred us many, many times. If it wasn't the Cardinals, it was some other unfortunate team. This topic was discussed this morning on the NFL Sirius-XM channel. I'm pretty sure it was Bob Papa who went into different plays that they ran with Bridgewater that they would never have run with Brees. He wasn't at all belittling Brees, but just saying that Payton is an incredible offensive mind that was perfectly scheming to bring out the best of Teddy. Teams have never seen these plays because they never ran them with Brees.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We historically play better vs starters. Also, there is a mentality of wanting to face the best so you can get a barometer of your team but also not feel like you won with an asterisk.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will see...obviously, there is a lot of confidence among our fan base at the moment...I've been a Saints fan for a long time, so I remember what it was like to try and break through to be one of the top NFL teams, which I am sure is the Cardinals goal...and I am definitely not trying to sound condescending...not too many years ago we were 7-9...at the moment we have what appears to be sustainable success...but in the NFL, things can change very, very quickly...

ETA: so far no word on Kamara...with the way Murray played vs the Bears, I would not be shocked to see AK sit again...

You're just a baby at 46. I would say you've been a long suffering Saints fan if you grew up watching Archie Manning play & wore a bag over your head for the better part of 2 decades:D Are you really going to complain about 7-9:shock: Many on our board would kill for 7-9. LOL.

OP
OP
O

Ole Saint

Reaction score
Trust me dude, I've watched Drew Brees play his ENTIRE career. I've seen him shred us many, many times. If it wasn't the Cardinals, it was some other unfortunate team. This topic was discussed this morning on the NFL Sirius-XM channel. I'm pretty sure it was Bob Papa who went into different plays that they ran with Bridgewater that they would never have run with Brees. He wasn't at all belittling Brees, but just saying that Payton is an incredible offensive mind that was perfectly scheming to bring out the best of Teddy. Teams have never seen these plays because they never ran them with Brees.

Maybe, but that works both ways...there are things we do with Drew that we would never try with Teddy...all I can say is Saints fans sure want Drew to play as soon as he's healthy...

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On paper, this is a horrible matchup for the Cardinals. The Saints have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can beat anyone, with or without Brees. Payton is an exceptional offensive mind, definitely top 10 in the history of the NFL. The Saints D is very good across the board. With the injuries that have been stated, Murray could conceivably do some damage. The question is whether he'll have the time necessary to find anyone. NO's front seven is quick, and relentless. Even though our OL has played well of late, they have no idea how the talent they are about to see & the noise they are about to hear will make their jobs incredibly difficult. All this being said, I hope they'll embrace the opportunity and play as well as they can. This is a finished product for New Orleans. We have 2-3 years of rebuilding yet to compete at that level.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

09/22/2013 Loss 7-31

01/16/2010 Loss 14 - 45

12/16/2007 Loss 24 - 31

I was at the 2007 & 2010 games...the 2010 game in particular sucked as it was in the playoffs coming off that epic playoff game against Green Bay (it was also Warners last NFL game).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I find it crazy that the two best coaches in the game right now (My opinion) are both Parcells disciples.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brees was looking washed before the injury. Teddy should be the starter. They have weapons to make any QB look good.