Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll take the bait. It's always amusing to see how narrow a lane the Kyler apologists need to find before they're ready to take a victory lap.

I agree with Payton -- Kyler is extremely talented. I don't think anyone disagrees with this except the most deranged Kyler apologists.

No professional NFL coach or player is going to say "Kyler sucks; he needs to go directly into the trash can" on a hot mic. They'll say stuff like "There's obviously a lot of talent there" because they don't say, "I talked to Kyler during the process and the media has everything wrong about him. He's a humble kid, he wants to get better, and he's a sponge about what he needs to do to get to where he wants to be -- the best quarterback in the game."

Imagine taking a victory lap over Kyler being directly compared to 2022 Russ Wilson. Imagine.

And why would so-called Kyler apologists disagree with this statement?

Kyler haters would, however.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin Pace knew about a thread I wrote on the day he was drafted. Mentioned it in an interview years later.

@nidan would know who; he had a media pass with the site back in the Dave McGinnis days. Unsure who else is around that would know and remember.
Sorry no, we talked with coaches and Rod Graves more than players but we didn't ask those kind of questions.

It was better to let them share what the wanted to :) Dave McGinnis did know our dogs name

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
LOL! OMG that's hilarious. Let's see what the K1 hat... (ahem) K1 skeptics have to say now. Lol...

We will continue being skeptical until he actually doesn't play mediocre to awful like the vast majority of last season and final 1/3rd of previous season. It is pretty simple.

I would love for Kyler to play awesome and be a top 10 QB, because then the Cardinals will be successful obviously. Until then, it seems kind of logical to be skeptical with his recent play no?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We will continue being skeptical until he actually doesn't play mediocre to awful like the vast majority of last season and final 1/3rd of previous season. It is pretty simple.

I would love for Kyler to play awesome and be a top 10 QB, because then the Cardinals will be successful obviously. Until then, it seems kind of logical to be skeptical with his recent play no?

Agree 1000%. He's my boy, but he can't stay if he plays like he did last year.

What bothers me Outerlimits (aka "lesser Twilight Zone") is when people hear Bradshaw running his mouth and then conclude and state publically that K1 is the devil. It's offends my (and I guess others on the board too) sense of fairness.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree 1000%. He's my boy, but he can't stay if he plays like he did last year.

What bothers me Outerlimits (aka "lesser Twilight Zone") is when people hear Bradshaw running his mouth and then conclude and state publically that K1 is the devil. It's offends my (and I guess others on the board too) sense of fairness.

I agree(well except the lesser Twilight Zone Part, lol). The next couple years with new coaches/GM will hopefully show you guys were correct and my skepticism will be short lived. We shall see.

In the short term, I'm very curious who the starter will actually be for a significant portion of next season. McCoy is serviceable very short term but gets injured rather frequently. I realize next season will very likely be terrible, but they still need to have a QB capable of running the offense until Kyler returns.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree(well except the lesser Twilight Zone Part, lol). The next couple years with new coaches/GM will hopefully show you guys were correct and my skepticism will be short lived. We shall see.

In the short term, I'm very curious who the starter will actually be for a significant portion of next season. McCoy is serviceable very short term but gets injured rather frequently. I realize next season will very likely be terrible, but they still need to have a QB capable of running the offense until Kyler returns.
McCoy was brought in to connect with Kyler because Kyler didn’t respect any of his coaches. Hard to imagine another staff thinking that’s super-cool plus he’s going to start six games in a row this time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think Kyler, even if in a wheelchair, would have benefited from using Super Bowl week as a time to put somethings to bed. Face the media, answer some questions and start the positivity for the Cardinals.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've really been annoyed by this all week.

It's superbowl week in Arizona and I'm watching Trey Lance and other QB's on various media spots. It's inexcusable. He should be there and I can't imagine Mike hasn't tried to get him there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The JJ Watt thing was cringe worthy.

JJ Watt is one of the nicest, most gregarious players in football. I've heard him praise guys a number of times in the past couple of years. He's all heart and he's not afraid to speak his mind.

Dan Patrick sat there and said "I don't think Kyler is a great quarterback" and JJ couldn't say a word to defend him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It's superbowl week in Arizona and I'm watching Trey Lance and other QB's on various media spots. It's inexcusable. He should be there and I can't imagine Mike hasn't tried to get him there.
No use in Kyler hobbling around media row mumbling into microphones.

He’s not gonna put Kliff on blast.

He’ll say the season was disappointing and doesn’t represent who he is as a player.

Most guys are out there because they have some endorsement. Could you imagine making Kyler Murray your brand ambassador?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He'd be there if only the Super Bowl was being played in Texas...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No use in Kyler hobbling around media row mumbling into microphones.

He’s not gonna put Kliff on blast.

He’ll say the season was disappointing and doesn’t represent who he is as a player.

Most guys are out there because they have some endorsement. Could you imagine making Kyler Murray your brand ambassador?

I just want Kyler to be Kyler. I'm watching guys this week just talking football and life and outside interests. Just do that. Just come do super bowl media in your supposed home town and just be a good dude. Say nice things about the team and the org. Sell the team to the watching world. Say how your going to work hard to get back as quick as possible. It's not hard.

You're normally off crutches 2-3 weeks after surgery and it's been 5.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just want Kyler to be Kyler. I'm watching guys this week just talking football and life and outside interests. Just do that. Just come do super bowl media in your supposed home town and just be a good dude. Say nice things about the team and the org. Sell the team to the watching world. Say how your going to work hard to get back as quick as possible. It's not hard.

Its 830 on a friday, Brit. You could have held your return to a lazy hungover saturday morning. Go out and do something!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I just want Kyler to be Kyler.
This is what everyone isn't understanding...Kyler IS being Kyler. Nothing...not one damn thing has changed about his personality or how he works with the media since day 1. We all need to stop trying to fit him in the social box and construct we prefer, because it just isn't him. He's more Ricky Williams than Michael Irvin. Go out and interact with high school kids today (same generation) and you'll find a very large amount with the similar personality as Kyler...even the athletes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its 830 on a friday, Brit. You could have held your return to a lazy hungover saturday morning. Go out and do something!

Its nearly 9pm here. I've done my doing something for today!

I have young kids. My Friday date nights are long over.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what everyone isn't understanding...Kyler IS being Kyler. Nothing...not one damn thing has changed about his personality or how he works with the media since day 1. We all need to stop trying to fit him in the social box and construct we prefer, because it just isn't him. He's more Ricky Williams than Michael Irvin. Go out and interact with high school kids today (same generation) and you'll find a very large amount with the similar personality as Kyler...even the athletes.

I don't agree. I've seen Kyler do good interviews like the one below.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have you ever had a major surgery? Because the rehab he's going through right now is way more important and the only way to protect that knee from more damage would he to wheel him around in a wheel chair. He's 4 weeks post op and the stitches are still there in the outer layer.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not after ACL surgery. And even then, you training that ligament how to move again. He needs to focus on rehab and noting else.

"It's common to be restricted to walking with brace locked in extension, crutches and partial weight bearing for 6 weeks following surgery."

Surgery was on Jan 4th. So he hit 5 weeks this last Wednesday.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you ever had a major surgery? Because the rehab he's going through right now is way more important and the only way to protect that knee from more damage would he to wheel him around in a wheel chair. He's 4 weeks post op and the stitches are still there in the outer layer.

He's already walking and sitting down. He can walk and sit down in AZ.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's already walking and sitting down. He can walk and sit down in AZ.
So you have exclusive insight into good rehab.

Hey everyone. BRICARD has insider info! Kyler is way ahead of schedule and can do a media tour on a 5 week old surgically repaired knee.

This is so freaking dumb. You're just arguing to argue now.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And has anyone thought that the Cardinals prefer him rehabbing vs. the risk of interviews? What will interviews do? I prefer a healthy Kyler ASAP vs. making your feelings feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose