Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The JJ Watt interview to me sounded more like JJ was upset with DP saying it was easy vs not wanting to say anything bad about KM. I think some are looking for something that isn't there. It just seems like there's a lot of assuming going on.
I got that too. But even I would be willing to admit that it could be JJ taking the high road.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
agree. But maybe JJ just dont like kyler.
they studied in different rooms, practiced on opposite sides of the field, and in the little interaction they had they just didnt hit it off.
but JJ is retired. He is under no obligation to toe the company line or prop up a guy he isnt fond of... so why say anything?
the world is full of grey areas and possibilities. But some folks will only see whatever they feel confirms the narrative they want to believe.

Kyler may well be a worthless lazy hunk of **** that everybody on the team hates and they were all glad he blew his knee out. Thats possible.
but we have not seen anything from anybody that proves that.
all we have seen are suppositions and guesses that steamroll because kyler has just enough dont give a **** that he dont shut it down.
that **** happens to me with my family. I dont socialize, so when I finally go to a barbecue I have people pissed at me because x,...or angry because they think I am gonna Y, or that im gonna be mad because Z...and it all stems from the fact I dont give two ***** what they do and I dont engage in the ********. So I take the best steak, say thanks to my brother, and go home.......******** drama to be continued at a later date.
Copium is a helluva drug.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Kyler… you can go take a dump in JJ Watt’s mouth at this point and I won’t criticize or care.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheese has hope for SOMETHING in Phoenix again!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's important to remember that Kyler skipping workouts, throwing a media hissy fit, and all that jazz, happened when he wanted a deal a year early. Not only had he not earned it yet, he demanded it in record time. Granted he didn't get it in record time, but almost--only 2 other QBs have ever gotten the deal sooner.

That's how abysmally this was handled. That's how abysmally Kyler handled it.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can anyone
It's important to remember that Kyler skipping workouts, throwing a media hissy fit, and all that jazz, happened when he wanted a deal a year early. Not only had he not earned it yet, he demanded it in record time. Granted he didn't get it in record time, but almost--only 2 other QBs have ever gotten the deal sooner.

Can anyone share with me the frame of mind one would have to be in to give this guy a record fast deal....you can ditto KK in that equation too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's when it always happens. Lamar did the same thing. The only difference is that maybe he wasn't smart enough to hire an agent?

If a team doesn't secure their franchise QB a year before they are done, they lose a lot of leverage and could lose the player getting nothing in return. It really is in the best interest of both parties involved to sign a year before, sometimes even 2.

A big thing here is hindsight. A lot of people (possibly justified) wasn't sure about Kyler before the contract extension. Then the team melted down impressively and Kyler is now injured. Now the team AnyoneButKyler has a lot more ammunition.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That's when it always happens. Lamar did the same thing. The only difference is that maybe he wasn't smart enough to hire an agent?

If a team doesn't secure their franchise QB a year before they are done, they lose a lot of leverage and could lose the player getting nothing in return. It really is in the best interest of both parties involved to sign a year before, sometimes even 2.

A big thing here is hindsight. A lot of people (possibly justified) wasn't sure about Kyler before the contract extension. Then the team melted down impressively and Kyler is now injured. Now the team AnyoneButKyler has a lot more ammunition.
It was the year before his option year. The offseason before the option year is traditionally when extensions occur. That way the QB is NOT playing the season under a 1 year deal. Kyler wanted it two years before his deal expired.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the year before his option year. The offseason before the option year is traditionally when extensions occur. That way the QB is playing the season under a 1 year deal. Kyler wanted it two years before his deal expired.
Fair point. I did mention 2 years in my post though.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick google search pops up multiple teammates defending Kyler and complimenting him. In reality the answer is somewhere in the middle.

Again - win and this all goes away.
100% this, which is why I've been straddling the fence. I want to see him under a new coach before I pick a side.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

impressively??? Do you really mean that or are you being funny. Doing really dumb stuff was never something that impressed me...but that's me!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

He wanted it a year early. Only 2 other QBs have done that, IIRC. He ain't them.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Also this

He's not married to Wilson or Murray for the length of his contract and beyond, but he is to the owner. Either there wasn't enough offered and/or the Cardinals are just a loser franchise he didn't want to be a part of (just less than Denver)

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
https://www.compare.bet/en-us/news/...aws-claim-he-didnt-want-to-coach-kyler-murray

"I think from Terry’s perspective, I know he would have felt better if I was coming back to FOX, so there wasn’t going to be anyone good enough, in his eyes, for me. He was going to look at it like, ‘He’s not going there, he’s not going there, he’s not gonna go there.’

“I saw him last night and I said, ‘Terry, I appreciate the kind words – and I appreciate you waiting until after my press conference to completely blow this story up – but, no, I think (Murray) is extremely talented.”

Payton then went on to explain an issue he saw in Arizona.

“I think they have the same challenges there that we have in Denver,” Payton said. “They are very similar challenges. Culture in the building has to be better. It just does. Two young coaches, it got away from them. It happens.”

Payton was asked why he ultimately chose the Broncos over the Cardinals.

“There was a different fit in Denver,” Payton said. “Arizona was fantastic. The interview was great. Obviously it’s a great place to live. … My instincts were pushing me in a direction with Denver. When the process began, 9 AM LA time on the 17th (of January), that’s the first day I could interview, there they were.”

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
impressively??? Do you really mean that or are you being funny. Doing really dumb stuff was never something that impressed me...but that's me!!
I legit mean it. I think it is impressive that they failed so miserably. You have to do a lot of things wrong to fail that massively.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LOL! OMG that's hilarious. Let's see what the K1 hat... (ahem) K1 skeptics have to say now. Lol...
I'll take the bait. It's always amusing to see how narrow a lane the Kyler apologists need to find before they're ready to take a victory lap.

I agree with Payton -- Kyler is extremely talented. I don't think anyone disagrees with this except the most deranged Kyler apologists.

No professional NFL coach or player is going to say "Kyler sucks; he needs to go directly into the trash can" on a hot mic. They'll say stuff like "There's obviously a lot of talent there" because they don't say, "I talked to Kyler during the process and the media has everything wrong about him. He's a humble kid, he wants to get better, and he's a sponge about what he needs to do to get to where he wants to be -- the best quarterback in the game."

Imagine taking a victory lap over Kyler being directly compared to 2022 Russ Wilson. Imagine.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'll take the bait. It's always amusing to see how narrow a lane the Kyler apologists need to find before they're ready to take a victory lap.

I agree with Payton -- Kyler is extremely talented. I don't think anyone disagrees with this except the most deranged Kyler apologists.

No professional NFL coach or player is going to say "Kyler sucks; he needs to go directly into the trash can" on a hot mic. They'll say stuff like "There's obviously a lot of talent there" because they don't say, "I talked to Kyler during the process and the media has everything wrong about him. He's a humble kid, he wants to get better, and he's a sponge about what he needs to do to get to where he wants to be -- the best quarterback in the game."

Imagine taking a victory lap over Kyler being directly compared to 2022 Russ Wilson. Imagine.

Ha! Made me laugh as usual! I have to admit I appreciate how well you can turn a phrase K9.

Happy 20th by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave