Heroes: Season 4 and on

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
What bothers me more than anything about this show is that I'm still watching it.

Ha! House, MNF, and Heros now all conflict - so I dropped Heros. I don't miss the show at all.

What drew me in at the beginning was the journey of discovery the characters were on. The 2nd season seemed like they just threw it together to keep a successful show going, and it wen't downhill from there.

Removed from the TIVO slot.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this show is not any better. They lost me back in the beginning of Season 3.

I was also a big fan of Season 1, and stubbornly held on through S2 hoping things would get better. The didn't, that's for sure.

So many cool ideas and characters wasted or not followed through. Got tired of being frustrated. I still catch a rerun occasionally if nothing else is on, but that's it.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I don't watch Heroes on Monday anymore because of MNF.

I have been catching it later in the week on Hulu.

I am pretty unimpressed with the season so far.
It seems like they are trying to get a new start but it is a frustratingly slow development.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still enjoying it. It's not the show it was in the first season, but I still like it.

It's not going to win any awards, but I still find it entertaining.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The show seems to be getting better this season. They are definitely going back to the roots or trying to. It might be too little to late but I do see an attempt in that direction.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The show seems to be getting better this season. They are definitely going back to the roots or trying to. It might be too little to late but I do see an attempt in that direction.

Really? I think it's still rehashing the same tired storylines all over again. They are teasing the audience with everyone together in NY (Hiro, Peter, Claire, Noah), but that will probably not last. The writers of this show just aren't that good. Again, they are trying to do more existential stuff (especially with the AWFUL Nathan is Sylar/Sylar is Nathan plot), and they don't realize that has been the downfall of this show. Not having Mohinder on the show doesn't make it better, as much as we'd all like to believe that. ;)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I think it's still rehashing the same tired storylines all over again. They are teasing the audience with everyone together in NY (Hiro, Peter, Claire, Noah), but that will probably not last. The writers of this show just aren't that good. Again, they are trying to do more existential stuff (especially with the AWFUL Nathan is Sylar/Sylar is Nathan plot), and they don't realize that has been the downfall of this show. Not having Mohinder on the show doesn't make it better, as much as we'd all like to believe that. ;)

Yes, I do believe it has gotten slightly better. I didn't say great but better. I see hints of what is to come and people going back to the places they were at season 1. If they keep heading in that direction I will be happy. Some things can't be undone but at least to me it appears they are trying.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Tonights episode was very good in my opinion. It was really cool to see some of the visuals of Season 1.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
I must say that I am actually really happy with this season. It started a little slow but really kept picking up through the season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I must say that I am actually really happy with this season. It started a little slow but really kept picking up through the season.

Really? I'm curious to know why.

This show has all sorts of problems and they just keep getting bigger and bigger after every episode. My DVR still records it so I still watch it, but man, I'm not sure why.

Besides the plot hole the size of a semi in the last episode, it was pretty boring, but at least they've got Claire doing SOMETHING--although in the end, she's still trying to find acceptance. Too bad it's taken her 4 freaking years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This show has all sorts of problems and they just keep getting bigger and bigger after every episode. My DVR still records it so I still watch it, but man, I'm not sure why.

Besides the plot hole the size of a semi in the last episode, it was pretty boring, but at least they've got Claire doing SOMETHING--although in the end, she's still trying to find acceptance. Too bad it's taken her 4 freaking years.

I am really with you on this. I was hoping T-Bad would turn out to be something better.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here's the plot hole for anyone that's interested (or cares): :)

If Peter absorbed the Haitian's power, in theory wouldn't that mean that Peter could never absorb powers again? How could he even get near someone with a power if him just being there renders it inert?

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score

I choose not over analyze every show I watch so I guess it allows me to not have so many issues with shows. You should probably cancel the recording if you no longer like the show, no?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I choose not over analyze every show I watch so I guess it allows me to not have so many issues with shows. You should probably cancel the recording if you no longer like the show, no?

Ask a simple question, get a smart a$$ answer in return. Sorry, I guess I should not have asked.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Chaplin, it wasn't meant to be smart a$$, I am sorry you took it that way. I just mean I think some people over analyze shows that are unbelieveable anyway. I seem to not do that so I think that is the reason I don't have more problems with shows or movies.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a monumental disappointment. I for one think the show did a lot to get back to it's roots. The problem was that so much damage had already been done. The show lost it's way and got back on track too late. Sucks because I would have liked to see the show go one more season or at least to a mini-series or TV movie to wrap things up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can't really say much more than, "Good riddance."

Probably one of the top 5 disappointing series in television history.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
This was the ONLY good thing about that show.

You must be registered for see images

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I stopped watching towards the end of Season 2. Was thinking of starting the series over if it got renewed for another (probably final) season. Guess I won't need too.

Sucks. Season 1 was fantastic. By the end of season 2 I simply gave up.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the ONLY good thing about that show.

You must be registered for see images

Disagree. Her character was one of the worst things about the show. She was predictably stupid and her daddy drama was tiresome.

In a super hero show, the most interesting character was Mr Bennett.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heroes' failure means NBC will probably never revisit sci-fi/fantasy. They're going to go back in the direction of cop drama, killing of L&O to launch a new one. Basically, no more risk taking.

This is why those of us who hated this show are disappointed. The premise was interesting. They just blew it -- for all of us.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Disagree. Her character was one of the worst things about the show. She was predictably stupid and her daddy drama was tiresome.

In a super hero show, the most interesting character was Mr Bennett.

I didnt mean her acting:) I honestly never watched the show but my girlfriends brother was a huge fan. Not my cup of Tea.