Hero’s and Goats

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by WindCardinal, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

Look at the tapes. They brought more people. Previously they’d typically just added one rusher. They had players going in and out of the line, which was new. They used rushes timed to the snap count. I agreed with the announcers, Joseph seemed afraid to rush Wilson in the first half. The Cards had successfully done that in the past. I think he did pull out all the stops which I hadn’t seen him do before.

daves likes this.
  2. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

Thomas is not a blocking tight end. Daniels is supposed to be but I find it hard to believe you are defending his play. My comment was if you wanted to run a pass play it would have been smarter to activate a receiving tight end. Never read Twitter.

3. BritCard

BritCard Registered

daves likes this.
  4. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical

Lockett had like 70 of those yards with PP covering him. The number one issue was the lack of pressure on RW and that allowed him to take his time and deliver perfectly placed passes that the defender could do nothing about. The last TD to Lockett is a perfect example where RW held the ball for like 6 seconds and then placed the ball in an absolutely perfect spot for Lockett to catch the ball and get his feet in despite KP still being on him pretty tight.

BritCard likes this.
  5. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical

To be fair Metcalf is tackled short of the first if not for that hold and would have led to a punt. P27 had a perfect angle on him if he wasn’t held back.

daves likes this.
  6. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Haven’t read the whole thread but I’m putting PP and Humphries on there just because of all the grief they get on here.

PP took away their #1 weapon. He’s defensive player of the game in my book.

daves and MadCardDisease like this.