Hero’s and Goats

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by WindCardinal, Oct 25, 2020.

1. DVontel

DVontel Registered

I won’t go too hard on Kliff. That was a blah coached game, but that was only his 1st this season. Every other game I think he has done an average to great job.

daves likes this.
  2. Minski

Minski Registered

Daniels being a 3rd stringer TE and asking him to make a block and catch a ball whilst being wide open isn't too much to ask for. Otherwise why is he even in the NFL?

BullheadCardFan and Garthshort like this.
  3. cardpa

cardpa Curse you Red Baron!

I totally agree with this. Joseph has been getting hammered all year and in the last two games the defense made a difference. His calls especially in the OT got the ball back into the hands of the offense. If the defense doesn't stop the Seahawk offense there is no Murray heroics.

cardncubfan, daves, BritCard and 3 others like this.
  4. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Why is it when we make a mistake a lose, we stink. But when the other team makes a mistake and we win, we’re lucky?

Good teams take advantage of the other teams mistakes. I’ve watch this team lose a hundred times over the years because we made that crucial mistake.

After Seattle’s mistake we still had to score, stop them and come down to kick a fg to tie it.

Sit back, light up a victory cigar and relish what we accomplished.

5. Cuozzo

Cuozzo Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.

My OCD can't handle the typo in the thread title.

cardncubfan, jf-08, daves and 5 others like this.
  6. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Wilson had all the time in the world even on blitzes through most the gamr

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

7. Capital Card

Capital Card The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid

I get your point on this but unfortunately:

a. There are still a TON of ticket agencies that have had season tix to the Cards for a LONG time.
    b. The amount of corporate bonus money in Seattle, coupled with easy transportation to Phoenix means there will ALWAYS be Seattle fans in our nest.

Go Cards!!!

8. Carolinacacti

Carolinacacti Registered

Kennard could be called a goat but he did make some good plays. I think we all know his snap count will go down in two weeks

9. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

fwiw: a small minority travel. most live here already. AZ is a destination for those in the PNW wanting sunshine -- especially the eastern 80% Washington

10. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

I called one penalty on the field goal lucky after we were draining the clock down by 10. Idk why you can’t light a cigar and relish the win while pointing out facts.

11. jbeecham

jbeecham Registered User

Heroes:

1) O-Line - On Doug & Wolf, they said the O-Line only allowed 1 pressure on 48 drop backs last night. I know the Seahawks don't have a great pass rush, but that is incredible.

2) VJ & Overall Defense - In the 2nd half & OT, they limited the best offense in the NFL to 7 points.

3) Patrick Peterson - End zone INT, shut down DK Metcalf (guarded him man to man on something like 42 of 48 routes and only allowed 1 catch for 6 yards), great coverage on those deep completions to Lockett... it sucks they were completed, but those were perfect passes & great catches.

4) Budda Baker - Great INT kept points off the board for Seattle, great play all night, still playing in a cast.

5) Isaiah Simmons - Barely played (5 snaps), but made the biggest play of the game in the clutch. Great job dropping back into coverage, reading the eyes of Wilson & making the INT. Jordan Hicks would've dropped that ball.

6) Kyler Murray - Out-dueled Russell Wilson. Showed fire & leadership. Made clutch play after clutch play to lead the team back multiple times. The INT was bad, but I don't know if Kyler overthrew it or if Isabella ran the wrong route or cut off his route to sit down in an open spot in the zone.

7) Chase Edmonds - 145 total yards (5 rushes for 58 yards, 7 catches for 87 yards) with clutch runs at the end of the game.

12. PJ1

PJ1 Registered User

Agreed. Perfectly designed play on first play of game and he drops a perfect pass. Then the missed block on the out to Hopkins. Add in a holding penalty and his night was not good.

CardsSunsDbacks and jf-08 like this.
  13. PJ1

PJ1 Registered User

Absolutely. That game last night will be remembered for a long time. The Hags were 5-0 coming in. The heart this team showed coming back more than once was nothing short of amazing. I know I gave up at certain points. Heading into the bye this is a major feel good win.

BigRedArk, cardncubfan, jf-08 and 2 others like this.
  14. slanidrac16

Trust me. You weren’t the only one to give up about a dozen times last night.

cardncubfan, jf-08 and BritCard like this.
  15. slanidrac16

I get it but take a day to enjoy. It’s like blowing out the candle on your birthday cake and then worrying you’re another year older before you slice the cake.