Help a brother out... please?

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
I just recently got a team that is in the toilet( thats french for dumper) and i'd love to have human players on the team. If by chance any of you have players level 23 or above, or even close, and need a home for them to start and level up let me know. From what i can tell there are only 4 good teams in the whole league, but the stats are lopsided because they play crap teams not running on full rosters. With real competition they would probably not look so good. Free agency is killing me and I would like to make this work. Also anyone who would like to be a coordinator let me know. My glb team is the Dubuque River Raiders. I am also willing to use my team as a farm team for the czars or even a trading partner for the Knights. Thanks to Jughead for releasing my LB Roy Harper. He will help me hold some teams down.

Djaughe

Reaction score
... Free agency is killing me and I would like to make this work. Also anyone who would like to be a coordinator let me know. My glb team is the Dubuque River Raiders. I am also willing to use my team as a farm team for the czars or even a trading partner for the Knights....

DBQ -

It's not a slam at you - you can't be competitive with the hand Bort dealt you. :(

• Yer league has no cap.
  • You had 1.5 mil in the bank
  • You have no stadium
  • Yer behind in the FA market

IMO - you need to think slow build and focus on putting yer cash flow into your stadium. In 2 seasons yer team will be competitive and you will have a boat load of money to spend on equipment and recruiting.

I have a lvl 2 CB...couple boosts left now...then should be a lvl 7 by start. But he won't be worth a damn for a couple of season.

I can also help you with the team finances (i.e. set a budget)and help build slow build plan. I can also transfer the Knights Off/Def. playbook also to give you something to build on.

Djaughe

Reaction score
---------- Original message ----------
Date: Nov 4, 2008 09:38:04
Subject: stadium building
To: JugheadASFN

There are more opinions about stadium construction than I thought possible. Do you think it wise to take out a loan to expand my stadium before the first game? Mind you, my team is in the toilet for fan support and I don't know how it will payoff for me if i cant fill seats.
Got yer pm - the answer is focus on the stadium now...spend the initial revenue on seats....recruit after yer built out.

We need to get you back up to $1.5 mil in the bank. One idea is to (temporarily) trade Roy H. back to the Czars for $300k.

Spend $3 mil on two endzone sections.

I don't know what yer Fan Support is...but I do know that it will reset to a min. before ticket sales....so don't worry about it.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Cool. I will build the stadium out and take out the loan. hopefully season ticket sales will give me the boost I need. I hope my scouting and game planning can help me stay afloat until i can upgrade away from CPU players.

Last edited:

Djaughe

Reaction score
Cool. I will build the stadium out and take out the loan. hopefully season ticket sales will give me the boos I need. I hope my scouting and game planning can help me stay afloat until i can upgrade away from CPU players.

Okay - here is the plan:

Commit to slowbuilding and understand yer team is gonna get smoked everyday for the next 2 seasons.

Joelf - can you please confirm that doing a $300k trade fer Roy isn't gonna affect your construction plans? The czars would then trade back Roy H. fer about $350k after 11 days.

1. Team player avatar. That actually helps folks see yer team's commitment.

2. Recruit by sending a PM's to lvl 4 players. We can use the GLB search engine to find folks.

3. PM Subject lines. ...say a ** Phone call for _________from the
Dubuque River Raiders ** ...something to get yer PM to stand out among the others.

4. Do not send a message to your prospects that looks automated. Tailor your recruitment letter. Include their name in it. It can still be a cut and paste recruitment pitch, but take the effort to make it personal by including their name in it.

5. PMs should well organized and full of information. Give the player a brief synopsis of your team. Give the player a brief explanation of your strategies and philosophies and show them how they fit in...especially if yer a Football coach that understands the strategy of the game. It separates you from some pimple face x-box kid.

Also include in your message that you are being brief on purpose out of respect for their time and a link to your recruitment thread.

6. Recruitment thread. This is where you can write out your team's philosophy, strategy, etc.

DBQ - you need a snazzier opening than this: http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=1354381

to get the players. Lets work on the verbiage....superspck I'm sure can come up with some stuff.

Most importantly...we have time to get the recruiting done...so don't stress about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Hahahaha! That pitch sounded way better in my head but looks like crap on the thread. Can you beleive I aced my creative writing class last semester? Maybe I should take a marketing class or two. Alll your advice is good and I will follow your intent as much as I can. I appreciate your help.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Hahahaha! That pitch sounded way better in my head but looks like crap on the thread. Can you beleive I aced my creative writing class last semester? Maybe I should take a marketing class or two. Alll your advice is good and I will follow your intent as much as I can. I appreciate your help.

There are tons of creative slowbuild recruiting threads buried deep in that forum...ready for you to 'plagiarize'...it all depends how long you can hold your breath to find it.

Toss me some picture links to what you want to make out of yer player avatars. I'll help you put something together.

For example...Here is a link to regular helmets - chose one we can slap yer logo on.

http://www.teamskyline.com/index.cf.../subcatid/170/sub_category/Helmets and Racks/

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
My black logo on any blue helmet. Dark blue. No prius blue.
http://www.clayton.k12.ga.us/departments/athletics/history/riverdale.asp
This is my logo. Any helmet will do. I took out a loan and bought two corner sections on the home side. I also lowered all ticket prices and concession prices by .50 or $1 just to build money and support. Do we know when the season will start? I would like to schedule a scrimmage against the knights as a diagnostic to help dial in my playbooks if theres room in your schedule. The new offensive stuff is streamlined but very deep.

Djaughe

Reaction score
My black logo on any blue helmet. Dark blue. No prius blue.
http://www.clayton.k12.ga.us/departments/athletics/history/riverdale.asp
This is my logo. Any helmet will do. I took out a loan and bought two corner sections on the home side. I also lowered all ticket prices and concession prices by .50 or $1 just to build money and support. Do we know when the season will start? I would like to schedule a scrimmage against the knights as a diagnostic to help dial in my playbooks if theres room in your schedule. The new offensive stuff is streamlined but very deep.

first....DO NOT LOWER YOUR PRICES. :mulli:

You have plenty of time to worry about ticket costs and nachos.

I did some rough figuring with the calculator - I think we can get you players at lvl 20ish and get yer stadium started...but we're gonna have to go balls to wall on recruiting.

If you want to take a stab a getting your team on board now - you need to establish some "street" credibility...put me and superspck as GM's. Let me work the finances for the stadium part to see what your budget is.

Work on some PM language - post it here for review. Lets split up the type of players you want to go search and recruit. For example I cover the olinemen and dlinemen...you cover WR/CB/LB...superspck...FB/TE...etc.

I'll work on your player avatar later today...when its set...upload it on your players (i.e. credibility).

No problem on the scrimmage part either...first thing is first though.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
OK...Prices back to expected. I will make you and SuperSpck GM's and I have already started recruiting in the categories you specified. One point though, I want to have a running team. Passing is all well and good but you kno as well as anybody that running the ball sucessfully wins games.

Djaughe

Reaction score
OK...Prices back to expected. I will make you and SuperSpck GM's and I have already started recruiting in the categories you specified. One point though, I want to have a running team. Passing is all well and good but you kno as well as anybody that running the ball sucessfully wins games.

Running...check....make sure to put that in yer thread manifesto describing the team plan.

Lets keep the levels 18-20ish...and lower level back-ups between 7-10.

Today: Lets work on the PM/Thread verbiage and logo, etc.

Tonight/Tomorrow:
we'll go fishing.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Dark blue helmet check...color face mask?

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Here's my PM I can use as a cookie cutter for recruiting.

The Dubuque River Raiders are a new team in an old league. Your player has the skills I am looking for in a team that will be young, but dangerous. I want (name here) as a starter/backup for the Raiders. Our conference has a few bullies and a lot of mediocre teams that will allow us to stay competitive as well as build into a strong winning franchise. Our first year will be rough but I am a dedicated owner looking forward to the hard work of building a dominant team. I am recruiting rising stars to develop a winning tradition and need your player to help. This is a ground floor opportunity to improve your player and help us win. I am willing to help with equipment as funds are available. PM me with any questions you have.

Djaughe

Reaction score
I'm back at my desk...give me a moment to compile some $tuff.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
This was sent to me earlier. What do you think? I don't need the qb but the G and SS look ok.

---------- Original message ----------
Date: Nov 4, 2008 14:33:04
Subject: Well built players for minimum cash trade
To: dbqr8er

3 players that would be a perfect fit for your team, all have had 2 seasons in a winning program and have been following a building program for their positions, G and SS signed through season 6, QB signed well into season 7, all at low salaries, all have EQ upgraded. Minimum cash trade offers will be accepted. G has been inactive for a week because it is the offseason, he will be back and is a very good road grader.

Lvl 21 G - http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=566286

Player Attributes
Physical Attributes Football Skills
Strength: 68.45 Blocking: 69.4
Speed: 17 Tackling: 15
Agility: 15 Throwing: 10
Jumping: 9 Catching: 8
Stamina: 29 Carrying: 9
Vision: 40.13 Kicking: 8
Confidence: 29.4 Punting: 9
Special Abilities
Pass Blocking Abilities
Run Blocking Abilities

lvl 20 QB - http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=245588

Player Attributes
Strength: 38.86 Blocking: 10
Speed: 25.95 Tackling: 7
Agility: 14.8 Throwing: 69.81
Jumping: 13.8 Catching: 13.8
Stamina: 36.57 Carrying: 13.8
Vision: 52.7 Kicking: 10
Confidence: 40.64 Punting: 8
Special Abilities
Pocket Passer Abilities
Scrambler Abilities

Lvl 19 SS - http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=651258

Player Attributes
Strength: 26.04 Blocking: 13.05
Speed: 65.29 Tackling: 37.16
Agility: 27.23 Throwing: 8
Jumping: 18.05 Catching: 15.05
Stamina: 22.08 Carrying: 13.05
Vision: 49.84 Kicking: 9
Confidence: 17.91 Punting: 10
Special Abilities
Coverage Abilities
Hard Hitter Abilities

Djaughe

Reaction score
DBQ - Here are the financials if you want to fill yer team with lvl 18-20 players.

I put your money into constructing an endzone and a corner. I also adjusted your prices where we will start at. I don't expect us to sell out the season - but I expect us to have two of our home games sold out initially.

We're gonna keep those prices steady and monitor it for adjustments. I estimate you'll bring in 200k in concessions.

Overall you should generate 8.3 mil in the first season.

Salary: $3,100,000
Player Bonus: $675,000
Construction Loan: $1,500,000
Total Owed: $5,275,000

Which leaves a Budget of $3 mil. to put into seat construction - something we need to do right away to generate more money.

We can set aside maybe $500k for equipment...we'll see. I also noticed yer making offers to high level players...you need to lower yer sights to 18-22.

Djaughe

Reaction score
This was sent to me earlier. What do you think? I don't need the qb but the G and SS look ok....

I think they look good.

If he wants a package deal (incl. the QB) - let him know yer gonna split the playing time and that this is a running team first.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Okay. I'll see if he wants to part with just the G and SS, but if he wants to package them I'll probably take the deal.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jughead - go for it with the trade. You won't hurt me one bit.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Jughead - go for it with the trade. You won't hurt me one bit.
Thanks...we're gonna hold off on the trade though.

We've switch gears to get DBQ a competitive team...not a slowbuild....so we're having to spend money now.

OP
OP
D

dbqr8er

Rookie
Reaction score
Got the guard but I will see if i get more money in the rollover or if i have to talk to support. How much do owners get to start?

Djaughe

Reaction score
Got the guard but I will see if i get more money in the rollover or if i have to talk to support. How much do owners get to start?

$1.5 mil.

Pretty much yer defaulted to ground zero...while the rest of the league is 2 seasons ahead of you in stadium construction.

Djaughe

Reaction score
DBQ, Here is a draft of the helmet...is this close to what you want?

You must be registered for see images attach

The challenge is keeping the black Raider over the dark blue helmet - so I threw in a white oval circle to help with the separation.

If you like it I'll then jazz it similar to the player avatars so you can start marketing it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison