Hello, Cardinals Fans!

Reaction score
....and welcome to the worst two weeks of your football lives.

Yesterday was just a taster of the beat down that is to come on Sunday.

The Cardinals have once again taken advantage of an atrocious division to wrap up an NFC West championship and enter the playoffs. A stroke of luck last year resulted in the first Super Bowl appearance in the history of this pitiful franchise.

Meanwhile, the Packers will be returning to the playoffs for the twelfth time since 1993, matching the organization's twelve championships. This will, however, be the first endeavor for Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers who is poised to add to the storied history of the franchise with multiple championships in the next decade.

As far as this matchup is concerned, I cannot see the game being close.

DRC is a good player, but matching up Toler or McFadden on any of the rest of our receivers is an exercise in futility for the Cardinals. I expect big days from who ever DRC is not covering.

An even better matchup for the Pack is Jermichael Finley on, well, anyone. Too fast for Dansby, too big for any of the DBs. He'll prove once again that he's an unstoppable force in the red zone. I expect a big game from him on Sunday.

Perhaps the biggest mismatch of them all, though, is Bridges attempting (note italics) to block Clay Matthews. Matthews had him running in circles, falling over, throwing his helmet, and doing all sorts of embarrassing things yesterday. If I were Wisenhunt, I would double or triple, hell, even quadruple block Matthews. That might not even do it. But he has to try, otherwise Warner is going to have nightmares of the long-haired speed demon destroying him from the blind side.

Further downfield, we have the best defensive player in the NFC (and, arguably, the entire NFL) lurking in our defensive backfield. Yesterday should be an indicator that it might be wise to not throw in his direction. I know I saw Kurt writing something on his clipboard in the second half yesterday. After rewinding it on DVR and replaying it a few times, I can conclude that he was writing "DO NOT THROW AT CHARLES WOODSON." Hopefully he is wise enough to follow that advice next Sunday.

Deeper in the defensive backfield, we have our Pro Bowl bound, ballhawking safety Nick Collins, as well as hard hitting Atari Bigby. I would hate to be a Cardinals receiver coming over the middle on Sunday. Yikes...

I will admit that the Cardinals have some great talent in that receiving corps. Yes, yes, I know good football when I see it. And if any of them get matched up one-on-one with Jarrett Bush, it will result in a big play for the Cardinals. If you had any dreams of that, however, I apologize in advance for telling you that Dom "The Mad Scientist" Capers will effectively scheme away from that. He'll get help, and you'll have to throw at Woodson (who, henceforth, you will refer to as "Sir Charles", respectfully).

As far as the things that make teams successful in the playoffs, this is a rather lopsided mismatch. For example, the Packers finished the season +24 in turnover margin, good for the best mark in the league. The Cardinals finished -7 (tied for 24th). Oops.

A recent indicator for playoff success has been Cold, Hard Football Facts' Defensive HOG Index, in which the higher ranked team holds a 20-2 record in the playoffs since the stat was created in 2007.

It appears to me that the Packers are ranked #1 in this category. Feel free to look for yourself.

Now, I can understand your trepidation at yesterday's results, and the forthcoming excuses that accompany it.

"Wisenhunt didn't want to show his hand!"

"The Packers gave us their game plan!"

"We have them right where we want them!"

"All our starters were out (even though it was really just Warner for the entire first half)!"

If this will help get you through the week, I encourage you to keep telling them to yourself. Whether or not Wisenhunt is pooping himself in real life is irrelevant to your collective sanity as Cardinals fans, and I want to ensure that remains intact.

Concerning home field advantage, it was apparent yesterday that the best fan base in the NFL rolled into town and took over the stadium with ease, and that was merely for a regular season game. You can expect that and more next week. I will make a conservative estimate that the stadium will be split 50/50. But you can be rest assured that the "Go Pack Go!" chants will be louder than ever.

Now, I realize by your definition, I may seem to be a troll. But hear me out. Trolls typically utilize outlandish claims to instigate posters. I spread facts. I urge you to read through the case I have presented and respond to these facts accordingly. I look forward to your responses.

Good luck this weekend. You will need it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I quit after the third paragraph. What you said up to that point was so ignorant and trollish that it's obvious you have nothing worthwhile to say.

I won't delete this thread yet. Just in case someone else may enjoy debating your "points".

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
attachment.php

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
They sure do come out right before the playoffs, dont they? Maybe you guys win or maybe you dont. I bet your ass if you do lose, you wont be back.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a smack shack. Save your pitiful attempts for smack there.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
We have a smack shack. Save your pitiful attempts for smack there.

Pitiful attempts? I found the post quite eloquent. And, with the exception of a few homer cues, quite factual. Care to debate how teams that don't turn the ball over win in the playoffs? Or that the best defensive player in football resides on the Packers?

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score

The Cardinals have once again taken advantage of an atrocious division to wrap up an NFC West championship and enter the playoffs. A stroke of luck last year resulted in the first Super Bowl appearance in the history of this pitiful franchise.

Meanwhile, the Packers will be returning to the playoffs for the twelfth time since 1993, matching the organization's twelve championships. This will, however, be the first endeavor for Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers who is poised to add to the storied history of the franchise with multiple championships in the next decade.

DRC is a good player, but matching up Toler or McFadden on any of the rest of our receivers is an exercise in futility for the Cardinals. I expect big days from who ever DRC is not covering.

An even better matchup for the Pack is Jermichael Finley on, well, anyone. Too fast for Dansby, too big for any of the DBs. He'll prove once again that he's an unstoppable force in the red zone. I expect a big game from him on Sunday.

Perhaps the biggest mismatch of them all, though, is Bridges attempting (note italics) to block Clay Matthews. Matthews had him running in circles, falling over, throwing his helmet, and doing all sorts of embarrassing things yesterday. If I were Wisenhunt, I would double or triple, hell, even quadruple block Matthews. That might not even do it. But he has to try, otherwise Warner is going to have nightmares of the long-haired speed demon destroying him from the blind side.

Further downfield, we have the best defensive player in the NFC (and, arguably, the entire NFL) lurking in our defensive backfield. Yesterday should be an indicator that it might be wise to not throw in his direction. I know I saw Kurt writing something on his clipboard in the second half yesterday. After rewinding it on DVR and replaying it a few times, I can conclude that he was writing "DO NOT THROW AT CHARLES WOODSON." Hopefully he is wise enough to follow that advice next Sunday.

Deeper in the defensive backfield, we have our Pro Bowl bound, ballhawking safety Nick Collins, as well as hard hitting Atari Bigby. I would hate to be a Cardinals receiver coming over the middle on Sunday. Yikes...

I will admit that the Cardinals have some great talent in that receiving corps. Yes, yes, I know good football when I see it. And if any of them get matched up one-on-one with Jarrett Bush, it will result in a big play for the Cardinals. If you had any dreams of that, however, I apologize in advance for telling you that Dom "The Mad Scientist" Capers will effectively scheme away from that. He'll get help, and you'll have to throw at Woodson (who, henceforth, you will refer to as "Sir Charles", respectfully).

As far as the things that make teams successful in the playoffs, this is a rather lopsided mismatch. For example, the Packers finished the season +24 in turnover margin, good for the best mark in the league. The Cardinals finished -7 (tied for 24th). Oops.

A recent indicator for playoff success has been Cold, Hard Football Facts' Defensive HOG Index, in which the higher ranked team holds a 20-2 record in the playoffs since the stat was created in 2007.

It appears to me that the Packers are ranked #1 in this category. Feel free to look for yourself.

Now, I can understand your trepidation at yesterday's results, and the forthcoming excuses that accompany it.

"Wisenhunt didn't want to show his hand!"

"The Packers gave us their game plan!"

"We have them right where we want them!"

"All our starters were out (even though it was really just Warner for the entire first half)!"

If this will help get you through the week, I encourage you to keep telling them to yourself. Whether or not Wisenhunt is pooping himself in real life is irrelevant to your collective sanity as Cardinals fans, and I want to ensure that remains intact.

Concerning home field advantage, it was apparent yesterday that the best fan base in the NFL rolled into town and took over the stadium with ease, and that was merely for a regular season game. You can expect that and more next week. I will make a conservative estimate that the stadium will be split 50/50. But you can be rest assured that the "Go Pack Go!" chants will be louder than ever.

Now, I realize by your definition, I may seem to be a troll. But hear me out. Trolls typically utilize outlandish claims to instigate posters. I spread facts. I urge you to read through the case I have presented and respond to these facts accordingly. I look forward to your responses.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lorenzo

Reaction score
don't get worried cards fans. I would welcome this guy...

all those playoffs and when was the last time you've won a superbowl? superbowl 2? oh yes my bad also when the league was soft in 1996. i could toot my horn all day to just about any team to include your packers....about the cowboys. but the fact remains until proven otherwise the cardinals are the nfc champs.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Certainly an intelligent, eloquent bunch with loads of football knowledge on this board.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Certainly an intelligent, eloquent bunch with loads of football knowledge on this board.
I'll tell you how great this board is. I'm a die hard cowboys fan and mavericks fan...you wouldn't know much about basketball because greenbay has about 20 people there...that's a joke by the way...but it's close to true. but seriously these arizona fans are loyal and accepting to intelligent fans. writing a college paper on one of your first posts is unique, but not the way to go. let me try it on a packer forum to see what they do???

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Reaction score
I'll tell you how great this board is. I'm a die hard cowboys fan and mavericks fan...you wouldn't know much about basketball because greenbay has about 20 people there. but these arizona fans are loyal and accepting to intelligent fans. writing a college paper on one of your first posts is unique, but not the way to go. let me try it on a packer forum to see what they do???

Feel free. If there's legitimate information hidden in the tongue-in-cheek presentation, they might learn something.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Week in, week out we get trolls like you that come in here and try to predict the future and think they know something about the NFC Champions.

We and the team thrive on the disrespect!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Feel free. If there's legitimate information hidden in the tongue-in-cheek presentation, they might learn something.
no thanks...packers fans are some of the most stubborn fans in the game. I've known a few and they are cult-like. much worse than the accused cult-like suns fans that barkley talks about.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Most of us are intelligent enough to not spend 3 hours putting together a rambling, nonsensical diatribe. You should have just left it as this:

"I am a loser Packers fan with waaaaay too much time on my hands. In fact, I'm so dreadfully bored I'll go through the effort of registering on another team's message board to convince them of how smart and clever I am, and how superior my team is for winning two meaningless games"

Keep stuffing your face with cheese curds tubby, at least it'll keep you from spewing your ridiculous smack.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Most of us are intelligent enough to not spend 3 hours putting together a rambling, nonsensical diatribe. You should have just left it as this:

"I am a loser Packers fan with waaaaay too much time on my hands. In fact, I'm so dreadfully bored I'll go through the effort of registering on another team's message board to convince them of how smart and clever I am, and how superior my team is for winning two meaningless games"

Keep stuffing your face with cheese curds tubby, at least it'll keep you from spewing your ridiculous smack.

Straight class. A post that took me twenty minutes while discussing elements of turnover differentials and an aggregate statistic of avg. yards/attempt, negative pass play percentage, and 3rd down defense is nonsensical diatribe? Please tell me you have more football sense than this.

I'll admit I had a bit of fun in the original post, but if you're going to hurl personal insults and question my football intelligence, I'm not the one who will come out of this looking bad.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Straight class. A post that took me twenty minutes while discussing elements of turnover differentials and an aggregate statistic of avg. yards/attempt, negative pass play percentage, and 3rd down defense is nonsensical diatribe? Please tell me you have more football sense than this.

I'll admit I had a bit of fun in the original post, but if you're going to hurl personal insults and question my football intelligence, I'm not the one who will come out of this looking bad.

I apologize, clearly hitting a little too close to home on that one. As a seasoned troll, you should realize that you won't get nuanced football talk by coming in under the guise of intelligent talk while also insulting everything about the team you're playing. It's ridiculous troll behavior, and why nobody will take you seriously. I could go point by point through your tirade to show how you're the king of cognitive dissonance, but some of us actually work!

Like previously mentioned, it's obvious you have way too much time on your hands, so I'd suggest you find something useful to do with your time until the game, go volunteer, read a book, do something to help someone out.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a common opponent with a guy three times as good as Clay Matthews.

You couldn't beat the Vikings, and you can ask Rodgers how Jared Allen's sack tastes, because he got 7.5 of them in two games against poor Aaron. Bridges got a bit of help and Allen got nothing on Kurt. Oh, and we smoked that team too.

We are a top 6 team in sacks allowed. You are the worst team in sacks allowed.

We haven't showed you one ounce of scheming in either of our two preseason games with you, and this team THRIVES on schemes to bring the blitz from many areas, hide coverage, free up rushers, etc. I'm sorry if you think that A-Rod is going to sit back there and jiggle his junk before he lets loose to one of the 4 wide open receivers, but reality is about to slap you in the mouth.

Your precious Jermichael will be introduced to the most recent inductee of the 20-20 club, and you best hope Finley can still SEE 20-20 after his first bone-jarring hit, that way he'll be able to stay on the field to T-Rex passes thrown his way the rest of the day.

And that's just defense...there hasn't been anything done on offense yet either. We ran a bunch of short passes trying to get Boldin some catches, no offensive scheme with pulling or anything fancy. Guess what, we don't do a great job without that stuff...we create mismatches and then abuse the living crap out of them. Your entire team on defense, sans Woodson, is a mismatch all over the field. Prepare to get LIT UP.

Poor little Dan, doesn't even know that what he has seen isn't actually reality. He thinks that because McCarthy doesn't like to back off the dogs and Whis doesn't gameplan meaningless games against teams they will see for all the marbles the following week, that the outcome is certainly in his team's favor.

Sorry Dan, but you'll be eating a lot of comfort cheese Sunday night trying to dry your loser tears away.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id like to bend Dan over me knee and teach him a lesson, but Im afraid his two burly lesbian mothers might gang tackle me and rub their 5 oclock shadows on me..

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I would hate to be a Cardinals receiver coming over the middle on Sunday. Yikes...

As far as the things that make teams successful in the playoffs, this is a rather lopsided mismatch.

I spread facts. I urge you to read through the case I have presented and respond to these facts accordingly. I look forward to your responses.

:biglaugh: Nostradamus you are not...so many gems in this one it was hard to pick what of your "expert" analysis was the most hilarious. Enjoy the rest of the Cards run freezing your ass off in Craptown USA, we'll be savoring it in the sun.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i wish i had seen this thread earlier when he called me a classless person in another thread. peace out troll.