Have people actually got the stimulus money yet?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, here is the BS I found out.

I did direct deposit and expected my check on the 9th. It never came so I finally got a hold of someone at the IRS. I did Turbo Tax and filed through Turbo Tax so the IRS did not have my Direct Deposit info, they had Turbo Tax's info. So now I have to wait until June 27th for it to be mailed.

Pretty sure I used Turbo Tax..

:shrug:

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my stimulus money and my state refund today. I get paid tomorrow (with an extra $1200 for overtime "worked" at home). I'm rolling in green lately. It's nice to be rolling in green

Arby

Rookie
Reaction score
So, are you supposed to receive a letter before you receive your payment?

Since I did the direct deposit thing, I thought I would have had my money deposited on May 2nd, didn't happen.

Now with the new info regarding Turbo Tax (which I used), I should have a check on or around the 23rd of May.

Should have I received a letter confirming this by now?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, are you supposed to receive a letter before you receive your payment?

Since I did the direct deposit thing, I thought I would have had my money deposited on May 2nd, didn't happen.

Now with the new info regarding Turbo Tax (which I used), I should have a check on or around the 23rd of May.

Should have I received a letter confirming this by now?

I received my letter, the day before I was scheduled to get it.... stupid I know.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Here is an email I received from Turbo Tax today.

Dear Valued Customer,

We want to provide you with the most up–to–date information about the tax rebate to which you may be entitled.

Recently, you may have received a letter from the IRS advising you when to expect your Economic Stimulus Payment (rebate). That IRS letter may have inadvertently left off some important information. Taxpayers who chose to have their tax preparation fees deducted from their federal tax refund will receive their tax rebate in the mail, not via direct deposit.

Our records show that you chose this payment option in TurboTax. As a result, the IRS has determined that you will receive your tax rebate in the mail. This may result in you receiving your rebate on a date later than expected.

This situation, while not unique to TurboTax, is understandably causing some concern and confusion. To help further clarify the situation, below is the most current IRS rebate payment processing schedule, as well as additional resources about the tax rebates.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, the best source for the most up-to-date information is www.irs.gov (see the "Rebate Payment Questions" link).

Sincerely,

Bob Meighan

Vice President, TurboTax Customer Advocacy

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
direct deposited last Friday.
This Monday I get the notification letter - waste of paper.
blew a lot of it on a tattoo and a visit to the man spa,

Arby

Rookie
Reaction score
Here is an email I received from Turbo Tax today.

Dear Valued Customer,

We want to provide you with the most up–to–date information about the tax rebate to which you may be entitled.

Recently, you may have received a letter from the IRS advising you when to expect your Economic Stimulus Payment (rebate). That IRS letter may have inadvertently left off some important information. Taxpayers who chose to have their tax preparation fees deducted from their federal tax refund will receive their tax rebate in the mail, not via direct deposit.

Our records show that you chose this payment option in TurboTax. As a result, the IRS has determined that you will receive your tax rebate in the mail. This may result in you receiving your rebate on a date later than expected.

This situation, while not unique to TurboTax, is understandably causing some concern and confusion. To help further clarify the situation, below is the most current IRS rebate payment processing schedule, as well as additional resources about the tax rebates.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, the best source for the most up-to-date information is www.irs.gov (see the "Rebate Payment Questions" link).

Sincerely,

Bob Meighan

Vice President, TurboTax Customer Advocacy

I just got this e-mail as well

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got mine. Trying to figure out why it was 1800.00? Seems awfully high?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Safeway has a deal right now that if you get the paper check & cash it at Safeway (they're saying that NO FEE will be charged) they will give you a certificate for 10% off your groceries. I think the catch is that you have to use the certificate that day or the next. Still, a good deal.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got the letter. Freaking Turbo Tax.

No doubt.

We always use electronic payment/direct deposit and were told initially that we'd get ours first (before those who file by mail) and it would be electronically depositied....

Now we've received a snail mail letter saying the check is in the mail. UGH.

We prefer the electronic transaction because we've had a mail thief in our area around tax time before and we don't have locked mailboxes.

Why the change in how they're sending them out? :shrug:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Yep, and paid off credit card.

Some good news for once. It was nice. I enjoyed the good news for 3 hours, basking in it.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Got mine a month ago, gave it to the youngest as a graduation gift. Easy come easy go.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got something telling me my refund was on its way. Why bother? Save the money and just send the stupid check.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Still haven't gotten it yet. Nice having a Social that ends with 99.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard