Have people actually got the stimulus money yet?

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ain't got mine yet, I need to buy some carpet cleaner. LOL

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten my check yet. I have, however, gotten a letter telling me I'll be getting my check within 4 more days. How many of those completely useless letters did they send? I'm ok with the suspense, they could have saved the money used for mailing those out.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten my check yet. I have, however, gotten a letter telling me I'll be getting my check within 4 more days. How many of those completely useless letters did they send? I'm ok with the suspense, they could have saved the money used for mailing those out.

Yep as I posted my girlfriend got the letter, and the check the same day.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I actually agree the concept is bass ackwards but of course I'm not going to refuse $600.

It would cost us taxpayers a lot less to just have been given a $600 deduction at time of filing 07 returns - or defer to next year for 08. But oh well.....

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would cost us taxpayers a lot less to just have been given a $600 deduction at time of filing 07 returns - or defer to next year for 08. But oh well.....

Yep completely agree, they're returning "our" money but would have been easier to do it before. This way it's a big deal which is of course politically motivated.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No check today, I made a point to walk the dog while the mail lady came. Oh well, I'll spend it anyway, just a matter of time until I get my money check.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No check today, I made a point to walk the dog while the mail lady came. Oh well, I'll spend it anyway, just a matter of time until I get my money check.

I've spent a few hundred on it already. It goes quick.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have decided to use my check for a plane ticket to Jersey in June and a Memorial Day weekend getaway. This was not the original plan, but I feel like I have to do my part to stimulate the economy. :)

Can't wait for my check to come.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have decided to use my check for a plane ticket to Jersey in June and a Memorial Day weekend getaway. This was not the original plan, but I feel like I have to do my part to stimulate the economy. :)

Can't wait for my check to come.

Stay away from these guys:
You must be registered for see images attach

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay away from these guys:
You must be registered for see images attach

No problemo.

BTW, I got a second letter from the IRS today telling me how much I am getting and when to expect it. What a waste of money.

My stimulus check will be less than the $600, I guess because my salary sucked last year and I was in a low tax bracket. Guess that Memorial Day weekend getaway will be to Tempe or something.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
:rolleyes:I just got my thrid letter today telling me I can expect my stimuli check next week. When I do get the check I will only be 1k in the hole since I already had to send them 2500.00 on april 15th.:rolleyes:

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Got mine. If I spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs. If I purchase acomputer, it will go to India. If I purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala. If I purchase a good car, it will go to Japan. If I purchase useless crap, it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes, drugs, booze and beer, since these are the only products still produced in the US.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I got $1800 bucks on Friday. I just transfered most of it to my IRA and the rest to my savings account. My goal is to max out my IRA for both my wife and I along with maintaining 6% into my 401K which would be a first for a whole year

Boring!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got $1800 bucks on Friday. I just transfered most of it to my IRA and the rest to my savings account. My goal is to max out my IRA for both my wife and I along with maintaining 6% into my 401K which would be a first for a whole year

Boring!

But responsible. Besides, you have a family to think about.

BTW, thank you for making me feel happy I'm single. :D

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm still waiting, I have had the last 4 days off my real job, I've spent 25 bucks on booze, come'on gov'ment, I wants my money check!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get yourself something cool. :)

Too late.

We had a good mothers day and I paid some credit card debt, and put some in savings. It's pretty much gone now.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ya, I got bills too, sucks. But I do plan on getting myself some 20ft. cords, a 3-pack of strings, and some odds and ends things, should be around 100 bucks. Maybe a couple of memory cards for my 4-track.

My wife wants me to go on a date with her, figure 50 bucks there.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
woohoo $600 today. That's my spending money for Loreto in July and hopefully some will be left over.

Comes in handy.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Yea, here is the BS I found out.

I did direct deposit and expected my check on the 9th. It never came so I finally got a hold of someone at the IRS. I did Turbo Tax and filed through Turbo Tax so the IRS did not have my Direct Deposit info, they had Turbo Tax's info. So now I have to wait until June 27th for it to be mailed.