Has winning camouflaged the Suns weaknesses?

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
I don't believe this holds up as well as you seem to think it does. It was true his rookie year but it's not exactly accurate this season. He's played very well against several of the bigger centers although yes, he struggles to score inside against big guys. But that's true of most bigs when they go up against the two you mentioned.
Well. We will see how it goes tonight.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. We will see how it goes tonight.

Yes we will but it will not change the past. He's still capable of disappearing against any big man, good or bad, huge or skinny, tall or short.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
that might be true, but when he talks, he always talks about wanting to defend outside, and he really struggles against interior-type bigs like Embiid and Gobert.

He just plain struggles with bigs that are bigger than him--unless they are just total stiffs.
well alrighty then. I’ll just go wipe the egg off my face.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well alrighty then. I’ll just go wipe the egg off my face.

Ayton rose to the challenge tonight. Showed a lot of passion in the way he played.

We've all been waiting for more of these games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton rose to the challenge tonight. Showed a lot of passion in the way he played.

We've all been waiting for more of these games.
He was jawing at Gobert tonight. We never see that. I wonder what lit his fire.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He was jawing at Gobert tonight. We never see that. I wonder what lit his fire.
I thought both teams were talking to each other more than usual tonight. Some of it seemed to be conversational like they're friends, other times it appeared to be intense and confrontational.

Gobert was also screaming at the referees a bunch but never got a technical. I'm wondering if he was doing things to Ayton that the refs couldn't see and that got Ayton mad. Ayton himself complained a bunch to the refs as well.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else suffering from battered fan syndrome? I feel like I still can’t believe we are this good...awaiting the fall off the cliff

ive been there at times this season, but not anymore. Our schedule gets a lot tougher here and I expect a few more losses, but this team is just flat out good.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive been there at times this season, but not anymore. Our schedule gets a lot tougher here and I expect a few more losses, but this team is just flat out good.

I have totally been there until recently. If anybody didn't see anything new down the stretch of the Utah game I don't know what you are looking for. Yes, it's one game and yes the final part of our schedule will be the real story but there is reason to believe.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have totally been there until recently. If anybody didn't see anything new down the stretch of the Utah game I don't know what you are looking for. Yes, it's one game and yes the final part of our schedule will be the real story but there is reason to believe.

even beyond that, I never thought we were playing that well with how frustrating some of those finished over the last two or three weeks, but when you take a step back, you realize they’ve won 10 of 11 games DESPITE not looking great. Good teams rip off streaks like that when you don’t even realize it because winning has just become routine.

such a ridiculous far cry from ANYTHING we’ve seen in a decade. Does that mean we’re a lock for a series win in the playoffs? Not necessarily as the west is LOADED and we are going to be overwhelming playoff neophytes. But no one will want to play us either. Even in the games we’ve lost since we were 8-8, it’s seems like ALL of them still came down to the wire and most of them we blew big leads in.

we’re a tough spot on the schedule for anyone at this point.