throughout the game.

We lost a game we should have won.

Shouldn't that tell Monty something?

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You don’t trust him to put together a winning team because of passing on Brandon Clarke?

Clarke was just the biggest symptom of what I am not trusting.

He gathered a bunch of unathletic shooters who literally can't play defense (as in are physically incapable of doing so in the NBA) and left a gaping hole at power forward in the process.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A look at some final stats.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

FINAL: Grizzlies 115, #Suns 108
Phoenix falls to 11-13 and next heads to
Mexico City to face the Spurs on Sat.
Brooks: 27 points
Jackson Jr.: 24 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Rubio: 22 points, 8 assists
Booker: 15 points (6-of-17 FG), 10 assists
Oubre: 14 points, 13 rebs

8:28 PM - 11 Dec 2019

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not against any trade until I see it. However, there are other players I would trade before Oubre.
That’s fair. But they likely wouldn’t bring the return we are seeking. I would t think it would be a straight up trade. Likely more something like oubre, TJ, a pick or two, for a disgruntled top tier pf (who that is I have no idea, but I think that’d be the gist of what the suns would be seeking).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right now, Oubre is our second leading scorer with 17.5. Third when Ayton returns.

After Baynes 14.5, the next highest is 12.7. I wouldn't be too quick to give up Oubre unless we add a player who will average 18+ plus.

You must be registered for see images attach
I kinda think that’s be the point. To upgrade the roster.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A look at some final stats.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

FINAL: Grizzlies 115, #Suns 108
Phoenix falls to 11-13 and next heads to
Mexico City to face the Spurs on Sat.
Brooks: 27 points
Jackson Jr.: 24 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Rubio: 22 points, 8 assists
Booker: 15 points (6-of-17 FG), 10 assists
Oubre: 14 points, 13 rebs

8:28 PM - 11 Dec 2019

Can't believe Devin Booker got outplayed at the shooting guard position by Dillon freaking Brooks...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet Cam hasn't been half the player Clarke has been, and we still have a gaping hole at power forward...a hole that has lost us at least a half dozen games so far.

jesus christ... dude, you have to **** yourself. You weren't the ONLY one who wanted Clarke over Cam. You're just the only one still bitching, complaining and seemingly demanding CREDIT for saying it.

Your never-ending craving for validation is becoming borderline psychotic. And this is coming from someone who agrees with the majority of your takes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which was precisely my gripe on draft night with the joint acquisitions of Saric, Cam and Jerome. Even if they are on fire shooting, none of them has the physical tools to be able to defend in the NBA.

do you have these responses just permanently ready to be cut and pasted?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah. I wanted Clarke or PJ but I've been pleasantly surprised by Cam. I do think we made the wrong decision but I don't think it was a horrible call.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just please note that every professional NBA analyst out there thought Cam at 11 was a horrible call, and most realized that the Suns needed to take a power forward there, be it Clarke, Washington or someone else.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just please note that every professional NBA analyst out there thought Cam at 11 was a horrible call, and most realized that the Suns needed to take a power forward there, be it Clarke, Washington or someone else.

And had the Suns traded up for Ja Morant you would’ve killed Jones and said he can’t build a roster to save his life. These proclamations are pointless in hindsight, especially when it’s still December.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way I will get over it is if James Jones shows awareness of his mistake, so he doesn't repeat it. Otherwise, I do not trust him to put together a competitive roster.

he means get over it as in YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY IT EVERY SINGLE GAME.

I get it... you want people to say 1Sun was right! It was a big mistake. So, I'll say it on behalf of the board so you can stop saying the exact same thing ad naseum:

YOU WERE RIGHT. IT WAS A MISTAKE. SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED CLARKE. WE NEED A POWER FORWARD.

Now can you not be the Chatty-Cathy Doll Steve Martin talks about in Planes, Trains and Automobile that just keeps pulling her own string over and over and over again because that's what your posts read like.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

dude who cares. It’s December and He plays for Memphis

you have to be like 15 years old that’s not an insult but please tell me your not an adult.

it’s honestly weird at this point

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that sucked. First live game I’ve been to in years.

uninspired play. Booker was tentative all game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bad loss but I have confidence we’ll recover.

No to trading Oubre. Hard stop on that commentary.

Cam Johnson has exceeded expectations and will be an integral part of this team’s success moving forward.

Ayton is almost back.

We’re fine. Deep breaths.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And had the Suns traded up for Ja Morant you would’ve killed Jones and said he can’t build a roster to save his life. These proclamations are pointless in hindsight, especially when it’s still December.

I would have been wrong on that one, as I have already admitted.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't believe Devin Booker got outplayed at the shooting guard position by Dillon freaking Brooks...

Booker couldn't buy a basket for much of the game and he had some wide open looks, I hope it was the wrist. But I don't know why you'd mention "freaking" Brooks that way, his biggest shortcoming is availability. And when he plays well, Memphis wins. In fact, he's scored at least 20 points in 6 games this season and Memphis won all 6 of them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that sucked. First live game I’ve been to in years.

uninspired play. Booker was tentative all game.

Wish the Suns had played a better game for you. It was horrible to watch on television as well.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker couldn't buy a basket for much of the game and he had some wide open looks, I hope it was the wrist. But I don't know why you'd mention "freaking" Brooks that way, his biggest shortcoming is availability. And when he plays well, Memphis wins. In fact, he's scored at least 20 points in 6 games this season and Memphis won all 6 of them.

Well, Brooks is the fourth or fifth best player on that team and is a second round pick on a make-good contract, while Booker is supposed to be our franchise player and is a lottery pick making the max...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Cam has shown that he's worthy of a top 20 pick but there were better players on the board when we drafted, even after the trade. So, like I said, I didn't like the pick. I just don't think Saric and Cam were a horrible return for the 6th pick.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
he means get over it as in YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY IT EVERY SINGLE GAME.

I get it... you want people to say 1Sun was right! It was a big mistake. So, I'll say it on behalf of the board so you can stop saying the exact same thing ad naseum:

YOU WERE RIGHT. IT WAS A MISTAKE. SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED CLARKE. WE NEED A POWER FORWARD.

Now can you not be the Chatty-Cathy Doll Steve Martin talks about in Planes, Trains and Automobile that just keeps pulling her own string over and over and over again because that's what your posts read like.
I was so confused at first with all these posts about Clarke. The only downside of blocking people I guess. Haha.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More about the tape on Booker's right arm.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Book said the tape he's had near his right wrist since Monday was for a bruise. I followed up and asked if re-aggravated it tonight and he said no.

8:57 PM - 11 Dec 2019

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
More about the tape on Booker's right arm.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Book said the tape he's had near his right wrist since Monday was for a bruise. I followed up and asked if re-aggravated it tonight and he said no.

8:57 PM - 11 Dec 2019
Interesting. He didn’t seem like himself out there. Not aggressive and almost looked uncomfortable with his shot...maybe I was seeing things because of the tape.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. He didn’t seem like himself out there. Not aggressive and almost looked uncomfortable with his shot...maybe I was seeing things because of the tape.

Agree. Booker looked like the arm hurt him or effected how he played.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Cam has shown that he's worthy of a top 20 pick but there were better players on the board when we drafted, even after the trade. So, like I said, I didn't like the pick. I just don't think Saric and Cam were a horrible return for the 6th pick.

And I guess that's where we differ, particularly since at this point it is pretty darn obvious Saric isn't part of our future (unless he is willing to accept a pay cut and play a back-up role, and he has already made clear he is going back to Europe if he isn't starting in the NBA, even though he is not good enough, especially defensively, to start in the NBA), and it is apparent that Cam's ceiling is as a one-dimensional sharpshooter off the bench who can't defend a la Kyle Korver (and Cam has not yet proved consistent enough even for that). We needed a solid starter, if not a star. We got scraps instead.