Grizzlies @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-11-19

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Suns will play in Mexico City against the Spurs on Saturday in a 3PM game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m really ok with trading Oubre
Look, I love oubre. But he’s not a part of a legit “big 3.” He’s a fantastic fourth banana. But I think we might have a bunch of good fourth bananas with bridges, oubre, Rubio, cam when they are at peak.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We all wanted Clarke... we didn’t draft him. Cam has been better than expected. Get over it.

I just don’t get it. Like what do you get out of bringing up Clark every games. He’s not a Sun nothing’s going to change that.

I think Cam will be a real player. He’s got to gain weight but that shot is pure

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Even having a subpar game most of the game when they needed him, morant stepped up. He’s exactly the type of player I thought he’d be and exactly the type of player I thought this team needed, and is exactly the type of player this team needs. A guy who can go get baskets to close out a game by himself.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am flabbergasted to see that Barbosa is number 13 all time on the Suns scoring list.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look, I love oubre. But he’s not a part of a legit “big 3.” He’s a fantastic fourth banana. But I think we might have a bunch of good fourth bananas with bridges, oubre, Rubio, cam when they are at peak.

yeah that’s what I’m thinking.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We all wanted Clarke... we didn’t draft him. Cam has been better than expected. Get over it.

And yet Cam hasn't been half the player Clarke has been, and we still have a gaping hole at power forward...a hole that has lost us at least a half dozen games so far.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just don’t get it. Like what do you get out of bringing up Clark every games. He’s not a Sun nothing’s going to change that.

I think Cam will be a real player. He’s got to gain weight but that shot is pure

Pure enough to be on fire one night and to shoot 33% or worse the next (including tonight).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Suns have a bunch of players that can't get the job done defensively.

When they put more scorers on the floor who can't play defense it only makes the situation worse.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
And yet Cam hasn't been half the player Clarke has been, and we still have a gaping hole at power forward...a hole that has lost us at least a half dozen games so far.
Yea, Clarke is a stud. We all wanted to draft him. We didn’t. Get over it, the rest of us have.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

When they put more scorers on the floor who can't play defense it only makes the situation worse.

Which was precisely my gripe on draft night with the joint acquisitions of Saric, Cam and Jerome. Even if they are on fire shooting, none of them has the physical tools to be able to defend in the NBA.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Oh so we’re not allowed to trade for a two-way player? Mainstreet, I understand the suns have sucked for a long time, but it’s not always a forgone conclusion that they will come out on the wrong side of any trade, which seems to be the position you’re taking, and doubling down upon.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

more maybe having your young stud center suspended for 25 games has something to do with it.

your clarke thing is a little disturbing

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yea, Clarke is a stud. We all wanted to draft him. We didn’t. Get over it, the rest of us have.

The only way I will get over it is if James Jones shows awareness of his mistake, so he doesn't repeat it. Otherwise, I do not trust him to put together a competitive roster.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
more maybe having your young stud center suspended for 25 games has something to do with it.

your clarke thing is a little disturbing

Unless we can clone Ayton, we still need a capable power forward next to him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh so we’re not allowed to trade for a two-way player? Mainstreet, I understand the suns have sucked for a long time, but it’s not always a forgone conclusion that they will come out on the wrong side of any trade, which seems to be the position you’re taking, and doubling down upon.

I'm not against any trade until I see it. However, there are other players I would trade before Oubre.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He’s our best trade chip. I’d trade him before Bridges.
Right now, Oubre is our second leading scorer with 17.5. Third when Ayton returns.

After Baynes 14.5, the next highest is 12.7. I wouldn't be too quick to give up Oubre unless we add a player who will average 18+ plus.

You must be registered for see images attach

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right now, Oubre is our second leading scorer with 17.5. Third when Ayton returns.

After Baynes 14.5, the next highest is 12.7. I wouldn't be too quick to give up Oubre unless we add a player who will average 18+ plus.

You must be registered for see images attach

Well, T.J. Warren averages 18+ points...:p

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The only way I will get over it is if James Jones shows awareness of his mistake, so he doesn't repeat it. Otherwise, I do not trust him to put together a competitive roster.

You don’t trust him to put together a winning team because of passing on Brandon Clarke?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort