Great job Larry Johnson!!!

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Catching that TD after hurting your hand.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's like they put the 2-3 worse crews in a hat, to decide who gets to call the Cards game.

Ronde Barber has to be the worst of the worst.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I met RB Larry Johnson prior to the OSU/PSU game this year. Still looks like he can play.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Be a better football team and we don’t have to watch bozos.

NOPE. Sorry not buying it.

Fox gets BILLIONS for broadcasting the NFL. Get better talent up in the booth, or just let the home teams have their own announcers.

The crews these networks send out there are embarrassing.

Ronde Barber should have been fired for that game, that was horrible. I can do better, YES I CAN DO BETTER.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
There are better crews?

I think it drives my wife crazy how much it drives me crazy about how awful most announcing crews are.

They have a week off prep, production meetings, etc....... Then go out there and screw up really basic stuff repeatedly.

It's frustrating and they get paid a ton and are just terrible

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Be a better football team and we don’t have to watch bozos.

13-3 and still had the Bozo squad more times than not (IIRC) They don't have a crystal ball...so that's fine... Should have been better the next year right? (even though we sucked)... Was still crap crews more times than not... We may have got flexed a time or two... But my point stands.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
13-3 and still had the Bozo squad more times than not (IIRC) They don't have a crystal ball...so that's fine... Should have been better the next year right? (even though we sucked)... Was still crap crews more times than not... We may have got flexed a time or two... But my point stands.
Fake news. Broadcast teams are assigned weekly. If you’re team is attractive, you’ll get Aikman and Buck.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
NOPE. Sorry not buying it.

Fox gets BILLIONS for broadcasting the NFL. Get better talent up in the booth, or just let the home teams have their own announcers.

i agree with this: at the very most (i.e. no bye weeks) -- there are 13 NFL games on a normal sunday schedule (i.e. not the thursday, Sunday night, Monday night) --

i just find it hard to beleive that the 13th best regular crew cant get names right --particularly the name of a (likely) first ballot hall of famer.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My question is, where did he get Larry Johnson though? The only famous one was a basketball player. I would understand if he was saying David Johnson a ton and then slipped, but he isn't even out there. That's what made me go, Huh??

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My question is, where did he get Larry Johnson though? The only famous one was a basketball player. I would understand if he was saying David Johnson a ton and then slipped, but he isn't even out there. That's what made me go, Huh??

I think it's the defacto name to goto when you get in trouble and have to come up with something quick. Just go with Johnson and there's a 30% chance you'll be right.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, Fitz was guarded quite often by the DB Larry Johnson.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
To be fair, Fitz was guarded quite often by the DB Larry Johnson.

Wasnt that Kevin Johnson -- the football player (not the basketball player of Suns fame, also no relation to Larry Johnson- basketball, or Larry Johnson-football)

maybe he was thinking of Bryant Johnson, (in)famous Arizona Cardinal WR?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Horsecrap! Aikman gets Dallas for damn near every Fox broadcast.

This is dumb, but here are the last 6 weeks of Aikman/Buck pairings (per Awful Announcing):

Week 6: GB @ MIN
Week 7: DAL @ SF
Week 8: DAL @ WAS
Week 9: ATL @ CAR
Week 10: DAL @ ATL
Week 11: WAS @NO

Hm. I'm surprised that it's as often as half the time.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is dumb, but here are the last 6 weeks of Aikman/Buck pairings (per Awful Announcing):

Week 6: GB @ MIN
Week 7: DAL @ SF
Week 8: DAL @ WAS
Week 9: ATL @ CAR
Week 10: DAL @ ATL
Week 11: WAS @NO

Hm. I'm surprised that it's as often as half the time.

Ok... 3 out of 6

And Dallas had a bye during this period (IIRC) And other Networks get Cowboy games.... so yeah, being good doesn't get you Aikman and Buck... Playing Dallas when they have a Fox game will.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasnt that Kevin Johnson -- the football player (not the basketball player of Suns fame, also no relation to Larry Johnson- basketball, or Larry Johnson-football)

maybe he was thinking of Bryant Johnson, (in)famous Arizona Cardinal WR?

You are correct. My bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson