Goran Dragic back in Phoenix

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
As ESPN reported, Goran Dragic agreed to a 4 year, $34M deal with the Suns. Rockets decided that was "too rich" and let him go, source says.

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

So... why did we draft Kendall Marshall again?

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
Why did we trade him for Brooks?

I'm ecstatic to have him back though. Felt horrible when that trade happened.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
As ESPN reported, Goran Dragic agreed to a 4 year, $34M deal with the Suns. Rockets decided that was "too rich" and let him go, source says.

The bold is the reason why I don't like this move. Otherwise, I'd be fine with it. Marshall was the best natural PG in the draft and now he's going to take a back seat to our former back up?

Did the Suns get a drop shipment of bath salts recently?

Ugh.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
We drafted Marshall because in the FO's opinion, he was the best player available. It is important to have a solid backup point guard. We should know this after watching the Suns for the past 8 years.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Did anyone really envision Marshall as a starting PG?

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The bold is the reason why I don't like this move. Otherwise, I'd be fine with it. Marshall was the best natural PG in the draft and now he's going to take a back seat to our former back up?

Did the Suns get a drop shipment of bath salts recently?

Ugh.

My thoughts exactly. I love the dragon and im somewhat happy but now its looking like a wasted pick on Marshall..

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
We also have Brooks as a RFA, but it's probably unlikely we keep him now. It's a shame we can't use him in a sign and trade for Gordon because he didn't play for us last year.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While not sold on Dragic at all I think the contract is reasonable, if a bit high. I don't like the signing but am not going to beat my head on the wall about it.

This team is going to be mediocre on a good night and really stink on most others next season. They are hanging their hats on an injury prone smallish shooting guard, a point guard that is like Kevin Kolb (some really good highlights and mediocrity otherwise) and a questionable character guy with potential. But, maybe they aren't done yet?

Not quite "contender" status and maybe not even competitive.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did anyone really envision Marshall as a starting PG?
Did anyone envision Dragic as a starting PG when he was drafted? Marshall could very well develop into a quality starter. I wonder if the Suns plan has already changed in the last few weeks. It seems like they are making things up as they go.

At least Dragic's contract is not as big as he was asking, but it is still a lot of money for someone who hasn't really shown much for an extended period of time. For comparison, Brooks put up even better numbers for a whole season prior to last one, although Dragic seems the better playmaker.

It will be rather ironic however if Dragic comes here and starts playing like he used to in Phoenix while Brooks goes elsewhere and starts putting up big numbers again. How many times can one team get it wrong?

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I'd have rolled with Marshall as a starter. I don't like this signing. I'd have kept my powder dry on this money until NEXT offseason with a top-three draft pick (assuming Marshall starting). Then we bring in our top draftee and another big FA signee - one a swing, one a frontcourt guy.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

If NO matches Gordon like we all expect, I expect they would play in backcourt together. Dragics scoring the last two months of season was ridiculous.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
If NO matches Gordon like we all expect, I expect they would play in backcourt together. Dragics scoring the last two months of season was ridiculous.

And I, for one, would be happy with that. Top-of-the-lotto, here we come! Plus, we'd have an extra $15.9m for next year....

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It is a player option for the 4th year and there are incentives increases to equal the $34 Million. Not a great deal like Beasley, but good deal if he can produce as a starter.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are shooting for a new offense: Seven Assists Or Less.

jibikao

Reaction score
Honestly, I followed Nash to here. I am never a fan of a "team". I am a fan of certain players. I used to watch Mavs but not anymore.

Having said that, Dragic is probably the only player I have interested in rooting for (besides Nash) when I saw a glimpse of his awesomeness in playoffs. I love the underdog mentality and how he destroyed Spurs in that game.

I even read about Rocket stuff when Dragic became starters.

This is a good news. I've always liked Dragic in Suns. I never like Aaron!!! Why in the hell did they trade Dragic away? I still don't understand.

I like what Suns is doing now. Instead of waiting to see what's available, they act quick. Dragic is easily one of the best young point guards in the league.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly, I followed Nash to here. I am never a fan of a "team". I am a fan of certain players. I used to watch Mavs but not anymore.

Having said that, Dragic is probably the only player I have interested in rooting for (besides Nash) when I saw a glimpse of his awesomeness in playoffs. I love the underdog mentality and how he destroyed Spurs in that game.

I even read about Rocket stuff when Dragic became starters.

This is a good news. I've always liked Dragic in Suns. I never like Aaron!!! Why in the hell did they trade Dragic away? I still don't understand.

I like what Suns is doing now. Instead of waiting to see what's available, they act quick. Dragic is easily one of the best young point guards in the league.

I get what your saying. I am and always will be a suns fan but i find myself rooting for a lot of other teams and players as well. Ill definitely be rooting for the Lakers next year, especially if Hill goes there as well.

But yea Dragic has great character, hes very humble yet has the ability to be clutch which is cool. Plus i think Beasley might not have the best character at this point so having people like Dragic, Dudley, frye, marshall, and gortat around him will be iimportant for his development. Gordon seems like a high character guy if they get him as well..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson