Gnat-swattin' time

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a good two games from our offense. I am confident our pitching (BK and JP) will do well - but the O needs 4-5 runs a game.

Hopefully, the SD series woke the bats up.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dback Jon
We need a good two games from our offense. I am confident our pitching (BK and JP) will do well - but the O needs 4-5 runs a game.
We got about half that... Were 0-3 with runners in scoring position.

The Gnats had 12 runners in scoring position, so coming through twice was enough for them.

Hopefully, the SD series woke the bats up.
Whomping on inferior pitching doesn't do a lot when facing real big league pitching. Schmidt is an excellent pitcher, but a real shame to mess up some good pitching performances on the part of BK, Koplove, and Oscar.

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
What a shame.

I stayed up to watch the game go into extra innings, and i was so confident we were gonna win with Mantie on the hill. It seemed to me he had some control problems after he retired the first two batters. Because he couldn't throw a strike if he tried. He was trying to locate away and it looked so off.

So far this year, there have been ony a couple of occations that Mantie has not looked good. THis outing was weird because he looked good, and in control...shame...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
That game sums up our season so far. No offense, great pitching, finally take a lead, and find a way to blow it. It was a damn shame. It is the type of game that could have had us get onto the right track, but instead now it could have an adverse effect. When I saw Grissom at the plate I had a bad feeling, the guy does nothing if not kill the Dbacks.

adam

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even with no offense this team is still in striking range. I think the team will go out and get a power hitter who plays the outfield. I would love to see Cliff Floyd end up here or even Beltran. As for trading I think one of the young pitchers would have to go in a trade and I think the odd man out would be Good. Webb is the real deal and I don't think they trade BK, he has been one of the most consistent pitchers and he is only 24 years old. Plus, Kim is a veteran at such a young age, the other pitchers don't have the experience he has. By the way, do any of you guys get tired of Thom Brennamen complaining about the way the team is playing?

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
I get all the Giants announcers on MLB TV and i have to say, they aren't half bad. Especially when they make fun of the fans that miss the foul balls. They were razing this guy for at least a whole inning, and saying he was "0 for 1" and doing a John Madden draw around his hands.....it was hillarious...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Even with no offense this team is still in striking range. I think the team will go out and get a power hitter who plays the outfield. I would love to see Cliff Floyd end up here or even Beltran. As for trading I think one of the young pitchers would have to go in a trade and I think the odd man out would be Good. Webb is the real deal and I don't think they trade BK, he has been one of the most consistent pitchers and he is only 24 years old. Plus, Kim is a veteran at such a young age, the other pitchers don't have the experience he has. By the way, do any of you guys get tired of Thom Brennamen complaining about the way the team is playing?

How much value does Good have? He's been so-so up in the bigs so far. If anyone goes I think it's Kim.

Honestly I'm not sure about this team's chances this year. In past years this team found ways to win with great defense and timely hitting. This year they find ways to lose. As much as I want this team to succeed I just have a difficult time seeing it. When do they plan on turning things around? Last night was a perfect time to make a statement in a game much like that one in 01 in San Fran. Instead all we did was blow a great opportunity. Now I'm not giving up on this team, and no matter what happens I will always be a huge fan of them, but I just have a hard time seeing the playoffs for this team. Prove me wrong Dbacks!

adam

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are many teams that want to unload some players because of their salary and they would Good or Patterson. Kansas City has been rumored to be shopping Beltran around. I would love to see him in a Diamondback uniform. Also, if the Diamondbacks are out of the race by July I would not be surprised to see Curt traded to a team like Boston.

RLakin

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Also, if the Diamondbacks are out of the race by July I would not be surprised to see Curt traded to a team like Boston.

I would. Schilling has a no trade clause and only wants to play for Philadelphia.