Giants at the Cardinals gameday thread 9-17-23

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a little torn on the L. I’m good on one hand because it keeps us in the lead for 1/2 picks.

But this will be a season where I’ll be looking at trends. And in back to back weeks, we’ve completely lost composure in every way from blowing 4th Quarter leads, racking up penalties and terrible play calling. And it’s a chicken or the egg or maybe a chicken and the egg problem dealing with coaching and or talent.

I’ll be super interested to see how the team responds to this loss next week against what’s probably the first legit good team they’ll face this week, at home, in what will undoubtedly feel like a road game.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
And you think getting the #1 pick is going to improve this team???

That's what I'm saying!

People think that if we draft Caleb Williams and Harrison to a 2-15 team that we're going to win the superbowl in two years.

Not happening even it they do both live up to draft position.

And what happens if Williams can't be a top ten QB at the NFL level? Again, crippled for the next eight years.

Redeem Murray. Put some pieces around him, and build the defensive front seven. That's our shortest route to the Superbowl.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
If you're rooting for the tank, don't see how you can get upset by this. We hung in there until the very end. With last year's coaching we don't even get a lead, IMO.
this is me, i wanted to win cuz of the punk NY fans. but the L has more value in the long run. Drake Maye is the pick FYI

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's disappointing, but with both us and the Texans 0-2, we're off to a great start when it comes to our 2024 draft position.

As much as I've wanted them to win these last two weeks, I know they are not a playoff team. I need to remember that. The Giants can celebrate all they want. If you look at their schedule, they'll likely be 1-6 five weeks from now, plus they are playing without Barkley now. This win may end up costing them too when the season is over.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is too talent poor to fix with next year's draft. Not one unit on the defense has adequate talent. The WR unit is poor. Oline still has major issues on the interior. QB is a ? RB... how long can Conner last?

I appreciate how hard, and with how much heart, the team played in these first two games. But I don't see a lot of hope to compete next year or the year after. Caleb Williams isn't going to be some kind of Messiah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard