Giants at the Cardinals gameday thread 9-17-23

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to keep reminding myself, loss is good. Giants win is good.
I told myself for this year all I wanted to see was a team that competed every game. That doesn’t change the fact that this loss still had a soul crushing feeling to it. Especially since I was there to live it real time.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I am being honest, I am just tired of this franchise being a laughingstock. I hoped that would change with Monti and Gannon. This collapse doesn’t help that.
This is true.

Also, games like this do put the far off thought in my head that what if I.T doesn’t matter if we get the first two picks if our Coach and GM are proven to be frauds?

Can’t make that kind of call at all yet, but coming up with a classic Epic Cards Collapse this early in its tenure definitely sucks a big one.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I told myself for this year all I wanted to see was a team that competed every game. That doesn’t change the fact that this loss still had a soul crushing feeling to it.

Agreed. Definitely had that sick feeling in the gut afterwards. It might sound crazy, but I had an ominous feeling at halftime. I imagine others did as well. We have all seen this show before.

Feel bad for Dobbs though. Guy still doesn't have a win as starter I believe? Now he gets Dallas and SF

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Definitely had that sick feeling in the gut afterwards. It might sound crazy, but I had an ominous feeling at halftime. I imagine others did as well. We have all seen this show before.

Feel bad for Dobbs though. Guy still doesn't have a win as starter I believe? Now he gets Dallas and SF
He should soon have an "Angry Run" victory. That was impressive.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Fun fact: It was the first time the Giants overcame a deficit of 20 or more points to win since 1950 against the Baltimore Colts.

Yeah, that is getting some headlines, but overall overcoming a 21 point deficit isn't incredibly uncommon league wide over the years. 28+ is much more rare. Heck didn't the Vikings overcome a 33-0 halftime deficit to the Colts just last year?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Eh I said even during the good part of 2021 that the team wasn't built for long term success.

That's why I get frustrated with the consternation during the off-season. This team needs to bottom out and acquire picks, it's going that right now. It's not a fun process to watch, but it can work.
Losing a game and giving up a 20 pt lead in a half to lose a game are different things. The Cardinals look like they are still a donkey franchise and a joke with these types of performances.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we were dominating them, the stadium was great. Loud on defense and quiet on offense. Felt like the first true home game in a long time. Giants fans were uninterested even though they greatly outnumbered us.

As soon as they scored in the second half it felt like a road game. Giants fans got loud. Easily could have led to some of those line penalties.

The crowd matters, IMHO. Too bad out fanbase sucks out loud.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When we were dominating them, the stadium was great. Loud on defense and quiet on offense. Felt like the first true home game in a long time. Giants fans were uninterested even though they greatly outnumbered us.

As soon as they scored in the second half it felt like a road game. Giants fans got loud. Easily could have led to some of those line penalties.

The crowd matters, IMHO. Too bad out fanbase sucks out loud.
Can’t fault fans for not supporting a losing franchise that is trying to lose. You want fan support? Give them something to cheer for.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t fault fans for not supporting a losing franchise that is trying to lose. You want fan support? Give them something to cheer for.
They gave us a great first half.

Part of being a fan is being THERE in good times and bad. Not disappearing when times are tough.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Two squandered fourth quarter leads against bottom-third teams.

How much respect for the coaching staff will Kyler have left after we get boat raced by Dallas next week?

When injuries really set in and we can’t even compete for 45 minutes?

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Losing a game and giving up a 20 pt lead in a half to lose a game are different things. The Cardinals look like they are still a donkey franchise and a joke with these types of performances.

Hey, on a positive note, the few who bet big on the Cards in the first two weeks are huge winners since they covered the spread in close losses. I wouldn't bet on them next two weeks though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison