Gannon roasted for pep talk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just for the record... I aint a darksider...not quite a kool aider but I have my moments...and the truth is I would in fact revel in an 0 and 17 season...if the alternative is 8 and 9.... the disaster season at least gets you the opportunity to grab a legit difference maker in the draft.... I mean, we all know guys like Watt and AD were drafted in the middle of the first round but your chances just feel so much better with a top 3 pick than they do with a mid round pick...partially because that draft position also translates to every other round as well.

on questioning fandom...I have been accused of such previously. But I dont really question fandom. I question sanity as a human being. Humans are drawn to things that bring them pleasure and joy and repel things that bring pain or danger...its instinctive. So if a team brings you nothing but negativity and stress it seems only logical that if you love football you would seek out a team that didnt flood your life with negativity,,,unless negativity is your kink or something.
Much like Choppers analogy of the cheating wife.... if your wife treated you so poorly you would most certainly leave and find another.... unless somehow you enjoyed the abuse. In which case, you need therapy...and probably medication.
so, in the few cases I have suggested someone should seek out a different team...it is purely because I am looking out for their mental health.

I mean hell, I grew up a Raiders fan. It was nice in the eighties... but damn...between them and the cardinals there has been very little joy in football.
So I start every season predicting we go undefeated. Its a mindset, because if you dont believe you are going to win why the hell are you even playing?? Then as the season moves forward, I assess what we have to work with. what needs to change.... and by Christmas...its all about the future, lol...because it obviously isnt about now.
Hopefully. This massive reorganization has the desired long term effect. Most of us are too damned old to wait another 20 years for a Lombardi Trophy...and I remember what that feels like...all you dudes deserve to feel it.
Sports fandom doesn’t make sense. Don’t try to make it make sense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The history of free agency is littered with failures. Premium picks have a much higher hit rates.
I think that’s a bad analogy. You’re comparing a whole to a segment. I think it’s likely that a similar percent of highly sought after talented FAs hit as a premium picks. And that the history of free agency being littered with failures is likely reflected in the history of all draft picks. Let’s compare like to like.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think that’s a bad analogy. You’re comparing a whole to a segment. I think it’s likely that a similar percent of highly sought after talented FAs hit as a premium picks. And that the history of free agency being littered with failures is likely reflected in the history of all draft picks. Let’s compare like to like.
players rarely hit free agency without warts... if a guy was a premium draft pick and worked out the odds are high he never changes teams.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only way I can accept a winless season, is if you can clearly see the issue is talent (lack of) and not coaching or leadership.
While I can understand the wish for #1 pick, an 8-9 season means that a. Better talent than experts thought or b. At the very least some things must have gone well.
Bottom line, I'll go 8-9.

Reactions: PJ1

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
While I can understand the wish for #1 pick, an 8-9 season means that a. Better talent than experts thought or b. At the very least some things must have gone well.
Bottom line, I'll go 8-9.

We HAVE to suck this year. Our future depends on it/rebuilding this roster.

We need stars/impact players - mediocre record/mediocre draft picks = stuck in the same loop of mediocrity.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought his talk made sense. The bus is what they should take together. Like a great band gets off the bus single file, matching suits; so does a team building a winning culture. Were you all about yourself driving solo...Makes sense;that fire. Kliff is talking to USC so Caleb and his Dad won't come here; so a tank won't work. I'd pick a DT, first pick and keep Kyler. Jones, Cox, Donald all DTs who have won SB. Maybe the DT s/b picked with the 2nd 1st rounder, pass rusher 1st. Bosa just made record money.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So you'd be good with Monti demurring on FAs again next season? Do you honestly think we can turn this around by the draft alone?
No. You have to be choosy about who you spend money on.

Eschew the Jordan Phillips types.

Bring in solid vets on team friendly contracts.

Draft or trade for stars.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
After about round three, a crazy high majority of draft picks don't work out.

Reactions: PJ1

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The phrase "beggars can't be choosers" has to be considered. If this year's results mirror last year's, and we get to FA next year only to have the players we want to spend money on choose somewhere else, Monti and Gannon have to wear that. It is the environment they created due to inactivity in 2023.

You can't tank or re-set or whatever, and then claim it isn't your fault ideal payers don't want to sign with your organization and that excuses more losing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

And keep your own non-Jordan Phillips types.

Also, nobody, and I mean nobody, who is a "solid vet" is signing in Arizona to a "team friendly contract."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My choice would be to use some of those late round picks we have quite a lot of to trade for guys. Generally better quality than FA.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And keep your own non-Jordan Phillips types.

Also, nobody, and I mean nobody, who is a "solid vet" is signing in Arizona to a "team friendly contract."
Plenty of vets sign for team friendly contracts every off-season with every team.

Arizona is a premier location for pro athletes to live

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard