Gameday thread Seahawks at Cardinals 1-3-16

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But if Seattle is the 6 seed than they go to Carolina no matter what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good point. but I really don't see Minny going into GB tonight and winning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't either no matter how bad I want it lol.

I'll be honest, I REALLY don't want to play Seattle in the division round. They definitely scare me the most out of all the teams simply because I think we matchup terribly trying to stop Wilson and, more importantly, they've been there twice before, which is something no one in our conference can say. And selfishly, I want at least one playoff win this year (and much more obviously). But if we've got to face them, I want it to be for ALL the marbles. The end all be all "Are we better then Seattle game".

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
So if Minny wins Seattle is the 6th seed. That guarantees that a Seattle win will match them up with Carolina. If GB wins on the other hand they would need to win at home the following weekend (likely). Either way seems like there's about an 80% chance Seattle has to go to Charlotte

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I REALLY don't want to play Seattle in the division round. They definitely scare me the most out of all the teams simply because I think we matchup terribly trying to stop Wilson and, more importantly, they've been there twice before, which is something no one in our conference can say. And selfishly, I want at least one playoff win this year (and much more obviously). But if we've got to face them, I want it to be for ALL the marbles. The end all be all "Are we better then Seattle game".

consider the similarities between seattle and Carolina......but Cam is harder to bring down

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
consider the similarities between seattle and Carolina......but Cam is harder to bring down

yeah, but I put Seattle a notch above them because of their experience/Carrol. I know we all hate him, but he's a fantastic coach/motivator.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

+10

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
+10

Eh I dunno. I feel like we didnt show up and the guys just kind of gave up because they knew it didn't really matter... esp once you see Carolina go up on a bad Tampa team.

I think if we saw SEA after bye, it would be a TOUGH out for them, and I can see us preparing like when we marched into SEA and took over.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So if this game is nothing to the players, did they actually LOOKED serious and embarrassed on the sidelines, or were they smiling and joking around? I turned the game off after the first half. SMH.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So if this game is nothing to the players, did they actually LOOKED serious and embarrassed on the sidelines, or were they smiling and joking around? I turned the game off after the first half. SMH.

I don't know. They couldn't keep the camera off of Pete/Sherman on the sidelines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shows this team wasn't ready & more concerned with injury than playing a meaningless game.

I still believe we're gonna win the Super Bowl

That doesn't explain the thorough ass kicking. That might cut it if the game was close. However, this was a complete incineration of our team in almost every aspect. Keep in mind this was a meaningless game to them...so one could argue it was hardly playoff mentality for them. Probably more like let's see what this team is made of so we can prepare for the playoffs. Boy did they accomplish that.

Not to mention they will have Lynch back by that game as well. All indications are he had a good week of practice.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the game on the field wasn't that great, but the gameday experience was priceless as always.

Was approached by a guy asking to take pictures of my jersey. Tells me he knows Kwamie. Then he introduces himself "I'm Frank Sanders." I think I said "No way !!" to which he replied "I'm not lying." So then he posed for some pictures with me and called his buddy Larry over. I couldn't believe it - Larry Centers. What a great gameday !! My wife and I got to hang out and talk with them for a little bit. Very nice guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then, a little later, a woman grabs me and rushes me over to Kwamie - in the same Field Box as Frank and Larry. Kwamie remembers me from last week and starts asking around for a Sharpie because he feels his signature on my jersey is looking faded. He walked halfway around the lower concourse talking with my wife and I until he located a Sharpie at Guest Services and re-signed my jersey and made a couple additions:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That doesn't explain the thorough ass kicking. That might cut it if the game was close. However, this was a complete incineration of our team in almost every aspect. Keep in mind this was a meaningless game to them...so one could argue it was hardly playoff mentality for them. Probably more like let's see what this team is made of so we can prepare for the playoffs. Boy did they accomplish that.

Not to mention they will have Lynch back by that game as well. All indications are he had a good week of practice.
Are you sure about Lynch's week of practice?
"Coach Pete Carroll said earlier in the week that if Lynch could practice Wednesday that he'd be able to play in the regular-season finale. Lynch wasn't out there Wednesday and remains "day-to-day." Christine Michael, Bryce Brown, and Fred Jackson will handle backfield duties against Arizona. The Seahawks will hope Lynch is ready to come back for Wild Card round."

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about Lynch's week of practice?
"Coach Pete Carroll said earlier in the week that if Lynch could practice Wednesday that he'd be able to play in the regular-season finale. Lynch wasn't out there Wednesday and remains "day-to-day." Christine Michael, Bryce Brown, and Fred Jackson will handle backfield duties against Arizona. The Seahawks will hope Lynch is ready to come back for Wild Card round."

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

On the telecast they said last week he was running around guys in practice and this week he was running THROUGH guys in practice. Sounds like he might be ready or close.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it's just too easy to say that after you get crushed. All the guys lobbied BA immediately after last week's game. That's STILL the defending NFC champ who talks mad trash and nobody else had the heart to even show up? I'd rather just chalk it up to a bad day where we played like crap then believe this team on the whole didn't even have enough heart to try and fight a team that's owned the division for years, on it's home field and just rolled over and died.

Fully agree with this.

My hope is that BA and staff talked the talk but did nothing game planning wise which made this a preseason game that the players didn't know was a preseason game. Not likely but I hate the idea that our guys couldn't get themselves up to play the Seahawks, the freaking Seahawks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard