Game balls .....5-0

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very much so.

I'm sorry to say it, but Kyler played like ass for most of this game--and I'm sure he'd agree with me. To forestall the obvious arguments, I'm talking about BEFORE the injury. Dropping balls, absolutely choking on a simple toss for a TD, tons of 3-and-outs, refusing to step up into a perfectly clean pocket, taking stupid sacks, etc. For long stretches he got outplayed by Lance. It was very difficult to watch.

But that's forgiven, because we got the win. He didn't turn it over, he gutted out a boo boo to get us a TD when we needed it, and so it's forgiven. And, if he can limit the choking to this game, it'll easily be forgotten.

False. Those huge sacks were 100 percent on KM. Not that the line blocked perfectly, but there were nice, clean pockets to step UP into, and KM went into rookie mode by running backwards INTO the pressure. That kind of decision making will make good blocking look mediocre and average blocking look bad. The line wasn't great, but KM made it way worse at times.

Bingo.

I'll accept he wasn't great in spells. He showed the league that if you pressure him the wheels come off a bit.

But I can't get on board with Lance being better for spells. Lance was trash. Streveler level trash.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Quebec, looked like the long pass to Hop didn't have much on it (I might be wrong) and the TD was Hop being Hop. JMO.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We won a game when our QB struggled. Kyler made the plays he needed to make in some key moments but he struggled a lot as well. He is young and that is ok. For those who complain that the Cardinals can't win unless Kyler is a hero, this should be a nice change to see.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We must have watched a different game today. I saw Shanahan's team get stuffed on 4th and short a bunch of times. He left like, what? 6 points on the field today? Granted the Cardinals won by a TD, but the Niners could play the end of the game differently if the only needed a FG to win.

That's horrible coaching. His players on defense did enough to slow the Cardinals down and all he had to do was make smart decisions for his team and he didn't.
I saw a team that shouldn’t have been in this game keep it close due to solid game planning. His game plan almost worked, he just didn’t have the horses today - and yes he played too aggressive at days end. But if you ask me who forced whom to play their desired game, it was shanahan who forced the cards to play to the niners level not vice versa.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw a team that shouldn’t have been in this game keep it close due to solid game planning. His game plan almost worked, he just didn’t have the horses today - and yes he played too aggressive at days end. But if you ask me who forced whom to play their desired game, it was shanahan who forced the cards to play to the niners level not vice versa.
Or Demeco Ryans, the DC.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Quite a lot, actually. It tells a story about expectations and expectation management.

Looking at results, for the game as for the season, tells us that the Cardinals are overachieving in comparison to their competition.

According to you, that is in spite of our coach.

Either there are next to no good coaches in the NFL or your evaluation of coaching success and failure is fairly unrealistic.

Results matter. Process matters. Regarding both, even game management , KK is at least doing ok.

You cannot say that for Shannahan, whose teams, whether in DC or in SF, have always been among the most injured ones in the league.

There are certainly fluke injuries, but when your teams are always up the injury rate list, there probably is a connection to your style of play and/or your style of coaching.
Here we go again the BS putting words in someone’s mouth - other than being outcoached yesterday, hating the 68 yard FG folly, and the continued mismanagement of timeouts I’ve been impressed with kliff this season. So no, I’ve never claimed our point spread this season is in spite of kliff.

So no, you are wrong. The scoring differential in other games has zero to do with how kliff and shanahan coaches in yesterday’s game. Awful argument. And by awful I mean one of the worst I’ve ever seen on ASFN as there’s literally no logic that could possibly support it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It means that experts picked us to beat them by 5. And we won by 7. So we exceed expectations.
No, people that set lines to encourage betting selected 5 points. I’m amazed how many people mistake that for prognostication. It’s not meant to be that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or Demeco Ryans, the DC.
Lol. So the head coach is responsible for some things outside his responsibilities but not others that are within his responsibilities. You guys try to cherry pick to make your arguments - that’s awful argumentation.

By that token yesterday’s win wasn’t about kliff’s coaching all credit should go to Vance.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, people that set lines to encourage betting selected 5 points. I’m amazed how many people mistake that for prognostication. It’s not meant to be that.
It’s basically the same thing. They make the spread what they think the game score will
Be hence which makes betting hard. This is funny. Vegas wouldn’t make a line 3 if the team was 12 points better. They make the line for betting by adding or subtracting points to make the teams even. The betting public then say hey I’ll take those points or give them. And the line changes to a point where the game is considered to close to bet

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. So the head coach is responsible for some things outside his responsibilities but not others that are within his responsibilities. You guys try to cherry pick to make your arguments - that’s awful argumentation.

By that token yesterday’s win wasn’t about kliff’s coaching all credit should go to Vance.
Lol. Don’t group me with “you guys”. I’m one person.

All I implied was Demeco Ryans, the DC, deserves a hell a lot more credit than Shanahan, the offensive mind. I believe both Vance & Demeco both shined yesterday while both Kliff & Kyle didn’t have their best days.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Here we go again the BS putting words in someone’s mouth - other than being outcoached yesterday, hating the 68 yard FG folly, and the continued mismanagement of timeouts I’ve been impressed with kliff this season. So no, I’ve never claimed our point spread this season is in spite of kliff.

So no, you are wrong. The scoring differential in other games has zero to do with how kliff and shanahan coaches in yesterday’s game. Awful argument. And by awful I mean one of the worst I’ve ever seen on ASFN as there’s literally no logic that could possibly support it.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Simmons should have one just for the goal line stop
i agree....that was a great play.
from the side angle it actually looked to me like the tip of the ball got in but we got a favorable spot... simmons also had a couple nice pressures... dude is a baller no doubt....

with my jersey bet with my son,...I told him to pick between Moore and Simmons, surprise me, because they both had great games.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It’s basically the same thing. They make the spread what they think the game score will
Be hence which makes betting hard. This is funny. Vegas wouldn’t make a line 3 if the team was 12 points better. They make the line for betting by adding or subtracting points to make the teams even. The betting public then say hey I’ll take those points or give them. And the line changes to a point where the game is considered to close to bet
im not a vegas guy...but it has always been my understanding that the line has zero to do with how good the teams are really...it is strictly about balancing the money so bookmakers can make a profit.
too many people betting on niners?? Give az 12 points,... then as money comes in on az they slowly drop the line...9...6...3...2.5

cant have 2mil in bets on one team and only 50k in bets on the other or the bookmakers go out of business....in the old days they would get "whacked" for that

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
im not a vegas guy...but it has always been my understanding that the line has zero to do with how good the teams are really...it is strictly about balancing the money so bookmakers can make a profit.
too many people betting on niners?? Give az 12 points,... then as money comes in on az they slowly drop the line...9...6...3...2.5

cant have 2mil in bets on one team and only 50k in bets on the other or the bookmakers go out of business....in the old days they would get "whacked" for that
Kind of. They try to set the line as close to "right" as they can but adjust so that they balance the money and correct if their lines are off. That is why betting lines early can be such an advantage vs late.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Or Demeco Ryans, the DC.
@DVontel stole my thunder.

I thought their offensive game plan (you know, Shanny's specialty?) was awful. All he had to do was run boot action over and over and hit a few passes over the middle and run the ball. He got cute. He left at least 6 points on the field in a 17-10 game. The end of that game would be A LOT different if it was 17-16. He didn't really make the Cardinals all pay for all of the cornerback injuries.

Demeco Ryans had a hell of a game plan. First team this year that rushed Murray correctly. And their pass coverage basic concept was to get physical downfield and force the refs to make calls (which they didn't mostly).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No this is wrong. This is what lay people believe. Ask long time gamblers or those that work in book.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol. Don’t group me with “you guys”. I’m one person.

All I implied was Demeco Ryans, the DC, deserves a hell a lot more credit than Shanahan, the offensive mind. I believe both Vance & Demeco both shined yesterday while both Kliff & Kyle didn’t have their best days.
I figured you were denigrating shanahans work by crediting the entire game to demeco. My bad. Apologies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kind of. They try to set the line as close to "right" as they can but adjust so that they balance the money and correct if their lines are off. That is why betting lines early can be such an advantage vs late.
By “right” you mean what’s going to balance the bets, not what they believe the spread of the game will actually be. Their sole goal is to net zero the bets not predict games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson