Game balls .....5-0

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kyler kept his poise and protected the ball and made the plays he could under duress all day! Every game can’t be a blowout and the niners always always play us tough, today we played down to our competitors for sure.

Agree that K1 protected the ball well, which was huge in a close game.

Honestly, we were probably a little flat today, after the big win vs. LA. Got the job done, but man it was costly.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Shanahan was 1 for 5 on 4th downs. That sucks. Terrible coaching.

But some good defense too. Simmons stoning the Rook at the goalline was epic.

Hicks jumping in the A gap to blow up the play with their FB.

JJ getting his hands up to deflect a 4th down pass.

Cards earned those stops. Proud of the defense today.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But some good defense too. Simmons stoning the Rook at the goalline was epic.

Hicks jumping in the A gap to blow up the play with their FB.

JJ getting his hands up to deflect a 4th down pass.

Cards earned those stops. Proud of the defense today.
I totally agree. But if that was true of KK? No one here would be pointing out good plays by the Niners. It would be... "fire Kliff!"

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first game ball goes to......

Rondale Moore..... that outstretched toe slider on the sidelines was an all-pro catch..... but the kids a rookie

Hop.... dude bailed Kyler out a couple times and just generally did his thing

James Connor.... when we needed three he pounded for six

JJ Watt.... big time players make big time plays in big time situations.... this is why we got Watt.... maybe his best game of the season

Kliff..... take notice Cardinals fans.... kliff out coached shanahan today

And maybe @Jersey Girl wants to hand this one out.....

Kyler Murray.... not statistically his best game.... but he played smart and played with guts.... this is how winning is done in the nfl

And per soonerlou..... we’ll toss a game ball to coach shanahan for making some head scratching calls today...

The Arizona Cardinals are 5-0
The Arizona Cardinals are Legit
Rejoice Cards fans....
I don’t have to buy my son a niners jersey
Appreciate the nod. :) I don't have Kyler on my list this week though, lol.

Watt, Allen, D Hop, Budda. Was a stressful game to watch. Took another year off my life.

I agree with whoever said that Kyler looked hurt in the second half. The way he played reminded me of the last few games of last year, which is why I felt like I was gonna throw up.

Side note: those Niners fans are something else. Saw one walking in the parking lot after the game taunt a guy who was just driving and trying to get out of the lot. How can you be so obnoxious with your taunting when you lose?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Appreciate the nod. :) I don't have Kyler on my list this week though, lol.

Watt, Allen, D Hop, Budda. Was a stressful game to watch. Took another year off my life.

I agree with whoever said that Kyler looked hurt in the second half. The way he played reminded me of the last few games of last year, which is why I felt like I was gonna throw up.

Side note: those Niners fans are something else. Saw one walking in the parking lot after the game taunt a guy who was just driving and trying to get out of the lot. How can you be so obnoxious with your taunting when you lose?
Didn’t have any issues with any of the niners fans, but yeah they sure are obnoxious. One lady Niners fan near us was gushing over Thor. Then asked Tracy to hold him for a bit and Tracy was just “no thanks” while thinking “because I’ve seen you drinking and have no idea who you are.”

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t have any issues with any of the niners fans, but yeah they sure are obnoxious.
The ones by us in the stands were pretty cool. But the ones I encountered walking out were rather obnoxious considering they lost.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Line was 5. So what’s the point? This is the NFL. It’s hard to blow out teams. Go look at the standings. We are 2nd in the league in point differential.
What does point differential have to do with how two coaches coached today? Nothing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kliff never got that benefit of the doubt over the last two years.
What benefit of the doubt? Kyler wasn’t considered nearly as raw as lance. Also, I gave him plenty of benefit of the doubt during kylers rookie year bc (a) they were the worst team in the league the prior year and (b) he was starting a rookie qb.

Sorry slan, weird post.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What benefit of the doubt? Kyler wasn’t considered nearly as raw as lance. Also, I gave him plenty of benefit of the doubt during kylers rookie year bc (a) they were the worst team in the league the prior year and (b) he was starting a rookie qb.

Sorry slan, weird post.
I’m saying when we (Kingsbury) lost I never recall anybody saying Kylers inexperience or injuries or lack of talent. Maybe not you but many here never brought it up.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t buy kliff outcoached shanahan today. One guy was starting a raw rookie that wasn’t supposed to start this year on the road and the other one had a guy who was a front runner for MVP at home. And we won by 7. I guess we define “outcoached” differently.
Shanny was outcoached due to his fear of Kyler and our offense and always going for it on 4th down. We were in his head. He made some bad 4th down decisions because of our offense. Not saying Kliff is a great coach but he got in his head.
Shanahan was 1 for 5 on 4th downs. That sucks. Terrible coaching.
shanny was afraid of Kliff. That’s why he went for it on 4th downs. Ray Charles could see that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Shanny was outcoached due to his fear of Kyler and our offense and always going for it on 4th down. We were in his head. He made some bad 4th down decisions because of our offense. Not saying Kliff is a great coach but he got in his head.

shanny was afraid of Kliff. That’s why he went for it on 4th downs. Ray Charles could see that.

That was a mistake on his part. If they play the FG/field position game they probably win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don’t think he was afraid of kliff per se. he recognized he was playing the top scoring team in the nfl. He did outthink himself a bit. But he was right in a game he had no reason being in imo.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yep, I think Shanahan thought he would have to score to keep pace with our offense. But by halftime it was a slugfest, and his defense did a good job. Should have taken the FGs and let his defense take over which they pretty much did up until the very end

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t buy kliff outcoached shanahan today. One guy was starting a raw rookie that wasn’t supposed to start this year on the road and the other one had a guy who was a front runner for MVP at home. And we won by 7. I guess we define “outcoached” differently.
We must have watched a different game today. I saw Shanahan's team get stuffed on 4th and short a bunch of times. He left like, what? 6 points on the field today? Granted the Cardinals won by a TD, but the Niners could play the end of the game differently if the only needed a FG to win.

That's horrible coaching. His players on defense did enough to slow the Cardinals down and all he had to do was make smart decisions for his team and he didn't.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
What does point differential have to do with how two coaches coached today? Nothing.
While if we're being technical Kliff did outcoach Shanahan. It just isn't necessarily because Kliff coached a great game, but more so because Shanahan coached a poor game. If you have an inexperienced QB and a good defense you need to trust your defense and play the field position game. Huge blunder by him in this game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
While if we're being technical Kliff did outcoach Shanahan. It just isn't necessarily because Kliff coached a great game, but more so because Shanahan coached a poor game. If you have an inexperienced QB and a good defense you need to trust your defense and play the field position game. Huge blunder by him in this game.

There was no outcoaching just a bunch of mostly trash offense from both teams. Vance deserves a Internet forum game ball.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My first game ball goes to......

Rondale Moore..... that outstretched toe slider on the sidelines was an all-pro catch..... but the kids a rookie

Hop.... dude bailed Kyler out a couple times and just generally did his thing

James Connor.... when we needed three he pounded for six

JJ Watt.... big time players make big time plays in big time situations.... this is why we got Watt.... maybe his best game of the season

Kliff..... take notice Cardinals fans.... kliff out coached shanahan today

And maybe @Jersey Girl wants to hand this one out.....

Kyler Murray.... not statistically his best game.... but he played smart and played with guts.... this is how winning is done in the nfl

And per soonerlou..... we’ll toss a game ball to coach shanahan for making some head scratching calls today...

The Arizona Cardinals are 5-0
The Arizona Cardinals are Legit
Rejoice Cards fans....
I don’t have to buy my son a niners jersey

Simmons should have one just for the goal line stop

Nate

Registered
Reaction score

Quite a lot, actually. It tells a story about expectations and expectation management.

Looking at results, for the game as for the season, tells us that the Cardinals are overachieving in comparison to their competition.

According to you, that is in spite of our coach.

Either there are next to no good coaches in the NFL or your evaluation of coaching success and failure is fairly unrealistic.

Results matter. Process matters. Regarding both, even game management , KK is at least doing ok.

You cannot say that for Shannahan, whose teams, whether in DC or in SF, have always been among the most injured ones in the league.

There are certainly fluke injuries, but when your teams are always up the injury rate list, there probably is a connection to your style of play and/or your style of coaching.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler came through in the end, but this was vintage season one from him with his dropbacks and not stepping up in the pocket.

Very much so.

I'm sorry to say it, but Kyler played like ass for most of this game--and I'm sure he'd agree with me. To forestall the obvious arguments, I'm talking about BEFORE the injury. Dropping balls, absolutely choking on a simple toss for a TD, tons of 3-and-outs, refusing to step up into a perfectly clean pocket, taking stupid sacks, etc. For long stretches he got outplayed by Lance. It was very difficult to watch.

But that's forgiven, because we got the win. He didn't turn it over, he gutted out a boo boo to get us a TD when we needed it, and so it's forgiven. And, if he can limit the choking to this game, it'll easily be forgotten.

You mean vintage porous OL, kyler was safer running in this one

False. Those huge sacks were 100 percent on KM. Not that the line blocked perfectly, but there were nice, clean pockets to step UP into, and KM went into rookie mode by running backwards INTO the pressure. That kind of decision making will make good blocking look mediocre and average blocking look bad. The line wasn't great, but KM made it way worse at times.

No game ball for Murray from me. It's Watt, Zach Allen, Simmons, and Budda.

Negative game ball for Josh Jones and Hicks.

Bingo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard