Gambo thinks the Cards are going to trade Leinart

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo thinks the Cardinals are going to trade Leinart if Warner signs for another two years. I don't think that would be smart because in my opinion the odds of Warner going to stay healthy the entire two years is not great. I think Leinart has learned a lot watching Kurt this year and I believe he can be a very good qb for many years. I would rather trade Boldin than Matt.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Gambo thinks the Cardinals are going to trade Leinart if Warner signs for another two years. I don't think that would be smart because in my opinion the odds of Warner going to stay healthy the entire two years is not great. I think Leinart has learned a lot watching Kurt this year and I believe he can be a very good qb for many years. I would rather trade Boldin than Matt.

I'm with you. This experience learning for Warner can only help him. Why not give him a chance? We'll only have to start all over with someone else. Still, I know it's highly unlikely (especially after the Boldin behavior Sunday), but I'd love it if we could keep Boldin around.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score

It's why I'm hoping that after we win the SB.. or even just by making it... Kurt will go out on top by taking the CARDINALS to the big dance and cement his legacy as a player and in this town.

I'd hate to re-sign him and have him have a terrible year or get hurt and having traded matt away we're screwed :bang:

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
unless we get an offer for a good defensive back/any defensive player that is GOOD. or a first/second round early pick, then trading him would be the stupidest trade ever.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To Gambo, there is only one QB worthy of his fandom in this league and that Eli Fricken Manning.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Leinart hasn't done much to make anybody think he can be a franchise QB. In the national pubs all I ever read is jokes about him and beer bongs or hot tubs.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think Leinart is any more prepared that St. Pierre to be a starting QB?

OK, I actually like St. Pierre, so I'm biased.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
He's under contract for a couple more years. We can possibly keep him if there's limited interest in him by other teams and Warner doesn't want much mone. Warner should get paid a bit, but if he doesn't want the $ I'd have no problem keeping Leinart. Leinart will be a starter next year if there's interest in him. I thibnk he can be good, but not KW good. JMO

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Does anyone think Leinart is any more prepared that St. Pierre to be a starting QB?

I've heard good things about St. Pierre on another forum. Maybe he can, who knows?:shrug:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner +2 and trading Leinart is a horrible idea.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
St. Pierre?

Yeah here goes the number 3 QB love, which works just fine until they actually play.

In some alternate universe that might work out, it usually dosen't in this one.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
1. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early for anybody to give up on Leinart. The guy has started in all of 16 games. You expect a completely finished product?

2. This is pure talk radio speculation by Gambo, nothing more. Its the way of all sports talk radio.

3. I do think somebody would give up a decent package of picks (perhaps a late 1, or a high 2nd or equivalent) to get Leinart.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
St. Pierre?

Yeah here goes the number 3 QB love, which works just fine until they actually play.

In some alternate universe that might work out, it usually dosen't in this one.

He doesn't have a strong arm, he isn't mobile, and the Cards are only the team where he's secured a roster spot for an entire NFL season.

But the ball goes where he means it to go and his arm is strong enough to throw all the routes. He's also extremely bright and one of the most genuinely likable people in that locker room.

We'll see. I think I see something there.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Even though I'll listen to some of these guys, I don't take what they say as insight. They for the most part float an idea out there and try to pass it off as fact. They already have Q traded away and there has been nothing from Q, his agent or the Cards even suggesting that this will be the case. They should be required to preface their ideas as conjecture without knowledge.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
He has been wrong so many times about the Cards that I wonder who would acutually give credence to anything he says.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To me the whole Kurt Warner thing reminds me of the Rich Gannon situation in OAK back in 2002. Gannon had a real good year leading them to the SB, but he fell off the next, better keep Matt as insurance. It isn't like he is going to hit any of his playing escalators like Fitz so he won't get expensive unlike Cassel with NE.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Uh, I do, and would take Leinart over 100 St. Pierre's. What has St. Pierre done to convince you in his 0 career snaps??????? Give up the haterade. I am far from a Leinart Lover, but that post is crazy.

PDR

Suns: L, L, L, L, L, L
Reaction score
warner may have crap seasons after this, and look what rodgers did after favre left...
Yeah i say keep leinart

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He doesn't have a strong arm, he isn't mobile, and the Cards are only the team where he's secured a roster spot for an entire NFL season.

But the ball goes where he means it to go and his arm is strong enough to throw all the routes. He's also extremely bright and one of the most genuinely likable people in that locker room.

We'll see. I think I see something there.
He doesn't have a strong arm, but he has GREAT vision and timing. he isn't overly mobile, but moves well in the pocket and can run for a first down if neccessary. He also has the size to get a yard or two on the GL with a sneak whe we need him to.

I dont understand the comment about him only getting a roster spot here at all? Would you prefer a journeyman who is on a different roster every year because no team thinks enough of him to keep the guy around? Matt was barely beat out of a job by an MVP canidate who is currently leading his team to a 3rd SB.

I think it's his personality if anything that has held him back. I know I am the only who was bothered by it, but when he went gutless and sold his buddy out on MTV's "Punked" it really make him look ballless. It does seem like he has grown up though and possibly he was just trying to keep from ruining his draft stock on the show:shrug:

Leinart could and hopefully will be very productive with this team and I honestly wouldn't trade him for Eli manning.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Leinart hasn't done much to make anybody think he can be a franchise QB. In the national pubs all I ever read is jokes about him and beer bongs or hot tubs.

Best. Post. Ever.

If we have learned anything this past few weeks is that NO ONE has a pulse on our team and players like the national rags.

Here is a better question. What has Leinart done in his 16 starts to make you think he ISN'T progressing at the rate you wuld want for a young starter in this league? I don't know if anyone who hates on this kid is is familiar with realistic expectations for a young QB but other then Dan Marino no rookie QB comes in and lights the world on fire statistically right away.

Some of had team success but it takes time in this league and as I have pointed out many time: Leinart has had good and bad games but definitely had enough flashes to think trading him at this point would be stupid.

The only pulse Gambo has on this team is what he reads from Kent Somers. He couldn't be any less credible......

But since the national rags make jokes it must be true:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard