Fringe (FOX)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I just state for the record how much I love this show? I just re-read this thread and I can't believe how negative I was initially towards Anna Torv's acting. I was soooo wrong! From late Season 1 until now, she has just been on fire. Never seems to just go through motions. I love everything about Walter, too. He's a fantastic character.

I just re-watched everything from the beginning (again) and have 10 episodes left in Season 3. I have Season 4's episodes saved on the DVR and I will hopefully start watching this season's episodes live this week.

I. Love. This. Show.

I have a major girl crush on Anna Torv, btw. And Josh Jackson? Always the hottie.

/endgush

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night's episode definitely felt like a setup episode (to bigger and better things), so I can't hate on it too much. Definitely heartbreaking scenes between Peter and Walter.

I really hope that everyone will eventually have their memories from the previous universe (blue verse) and that this universe is not what will be going forward. It's interesting to see the differences but Walter without Peter is just... so sad!

Also, the typewriter? Who was she writing to? Walternate? ANOTHER universe?

Next week's episode looks pretty good. Time loops!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the best episode of the season, for me. Touching storyline with the married couple and I liked how the actors are married in real life.

So, the question is: Will we ever go back to our BlueVerse? Or is this Amberverse our new timeline? Will Peter ever get to go "home?" I sincerely hope that the characters I've grown to know and love the past 3 years DO exist and that we will see them again.

Not gonna lie, I LOVED Walter trying to ignore Peter. It was so mean, but SO Walter.

Interesting that Peter didn't remember showing up to Walter and Olivia before he came back.

I honestly thought the time loops were a part of something bigger and more sinister, not due to a husband wanting his wife back.

edit: Sucks that next week's episode is the last this year. No new episodes until January, ugh.

Last edited:

AZZenny

Reaction score
Just got caught up with the season so far last night -- GREAT storyline(s) so far. And... are we in, or perhaps have we created, a third universe? After all, the things that changed for the characters when Peter de-existed would likely have had the old butterfly on the bottom of your shoe effect.

and I agree, annoying to have to wait until January, when it feels like it just got rolling.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So, the question is: Will we ever go back to our BlueVerse? Or is this Amberverse our new timeline? Will Peter ever get to go "home?" I sincerely hope that the characters I've grown to know and love the past 3 years DO exist and that we will see them again.

We had damned well better get back to our BlueVerse. I am so sick and tired of shows doing alternate timelines or alternate universes, and using them to 'reset' the show. It's a cheap way out of writing themselves out of something. Now, as this show was predicated on two universes, that's okay, but to change all of what was happening and to never go back to it, character-wise, would be really awful.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap the next episode looks EPIC! Too bad it'll be in January!!!

Tonight's episode was decent. I like Lincoln, total nerd-cute.

Interesting what we learned about Nina tonight and what she's doing to Olivia.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FRINGE returns this Friday!

This episode is going to be epic. Love this preview...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have four of these on my DVR, I think. I've lost all interest in the show this season...I may just delete them.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have four of these on my DVR, I think. I've lost all interest in the show this season...I may just delete them.

Watch this week's episode and then make a decision. Everything I've read about this episode is positive and awesome. I can't freaking wait.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fantastic episode last night. At the 30 minute mark, I was shocked that we still had another 30 minutes to go. There was THAT much stuff going on.

I love David Robert Jones as the villain, glad to see him back.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They've kicked this part of the season off in fantastic style. One spoiler that doesn't even give much away really impressed me:

When Walternate and his wife were having dinner, he cupped his glass of brandy with both hands, drawing a direct analogy with Walter. It showed that not only is he human, but that stern facade can crack to show off some real worry and vulnerability inside. This Walternate is far better a character than the other one.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Olivia's car ended up not being half the car she thought it was.:D

AZZenny

Reaction score
Stout - I agree. And I thought the alter-Elizabeth's scene with Walter was extremely moving, not exactly something I expect from modern TV. It wasn't overdone or blatant, it was ... damn, it was delicate. Fringe is really well-made.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thud:

Wow, what a fantastic episode tonight!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fringe is back on tonight. No more hiatuses... 8 in a row to finish the season. Can't wait.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Changes everything in Peter's eyes!!!! So, I wonder if some of these changes are now permanent?!?! Will this means others around Peter will also have their memories start to change?

This is getting good!!!!