Fringe (FOX)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was awesome. Sounds like they are setting up the entire season next season to be cross overs between the universes. Those actors playing dual versions of themselves are going to earn that paycheck. :)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
So 3 universes to be cognizant of (or 4 if you count The First People).

What I don't understand is if Peter didn't exist, why would there still be beef between the Walters?

Also why did everybody get crappy hair in the future? How cool was Broyles' eye?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 3 universes to be cognizant of (or 4 if you count The First People).

What I don't understand is if Peter didn't exist, why would there still be beef between the Walters?

Also why did everybody get crappy hair in the future? How cool was Broyles' eye?

Because instead of Peter being the catalyst it was probably something else. One of the Walters either still found a reason to crossover is my guess. Remember that they knew it was possible just too dangerous. It wasn't until Peter got sick that "our" Walter decided to do it anyway.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to give Fringe a try. Just finished the Pilot episode. Not bad, not awesome. Definitely felt the X-Files vibes and some Lost vibes.

Not too sure how I feel about the female lead, but I'll definitely give this show 1 season to see if it can hook me.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to give Fringe a try. Just finished the Pilot episode. Not bad, not awesome. Definitely felt the X-Files vibes and some Lost vibes.

Not too sure how I feel about the female lead, but I'll definitely give this show 1 season to see if it can hook me.

By the end of Season 1 you'll be hooked...

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've now watched through episode 6 of the 1st season. Please, please, please tell me that Anna Torv's acting gets better. Please. She is just so... wooden. Emotionless. Cold. Boring. Dull. It's like she is trying so hard not to sound Australian that she can't focus on anything else. Does it get better? Or am I too jaded by Gillian Anderson's Scully?

And she attempted to kill her father at age 9 because he beat her mom? Kate Austen from Lost, is that you? C'mon JJ...

Love Walter and his giddiness/craziness. "Get me some cotton candy! Blue! Not pink!" lol

The mythology is interesting enough. I hope BIM is right and I will be hooked by the end of Season 1.

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've now watched through episode 6 of the 1st season. Please, please, please tell me that Anna Torv's acting gets better. Please. She is just so... wooden. Emotionless. Cold. Boring. Dull. It's like she is trying so hard not to sound Australian that she can't focus on anything else. Does it get better? Or am I too jaded by Gillian Anderson's Scully?

And she attempted to kill her father at age 9 because he beat her mom? Kate Austen from Lost, is that you? C'mon JJ...

Love Walter and his giddiness/craziness. "Get me some cotton candy! Blue! Not pink!" lol

The mythology is interesting enough. I hope BIM is right and I will be hooked by the end of Season 1.

It gets better and better as it goes on. And if you think her acting is bland...first off, that's her character a bit.

Second...if you can wait until seasons 2 and 3, you are going to see her acting blow the roof off things. She's pretty versatile :)

Mike

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am now through episode 13 of the 1st season and I am growing more and more fond of the show. Torv's acting has gotten noticeably better, and I am no longer distracted by her scowls. She smiles now! Personality! Yay!

The episode "Safe" was top notch and I really think the show is starting to hit it's stride (at least for me).

edited: Just finished 1x14 - Ability. HOLY CRAP!

K, I'm hooked.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny how many people are getting hooked once they watch enough episodes. Same thing happened with my brother in law. He had the flu and was home sick and watched the first season online. He had no real interest. Now he is a Fringe junky.

Anna Torv's acting does get better and she stretches her legs a bit in the more recent seasons. Walter's character though is what makes the show for me hands down. Without Walter there is no Fringe.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So I am now through episode 13 of the 1st season and I am growing more and more fond of the show. Torv's acting has gotten noticeably better, and I am no longer distracted by her scowls. She smiles now! Personality! Yay!

The episode "Safe" was top notch and I really think the show is starting to hit it's stride (at least for me).

edited: Just finished 1x14 - Ability. HOLY CRAP!

K, I'm hooked.

I remember I watched about 5 episodes when it came out. I didn't hate it, but I simply lost interest. I ended up getting talked back into it in the middle of the 3rd season, I think. I quickly caught up, and I'm glad I did.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 4 starts Friday, September 23rd. Can't wait to see what happens this season.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the Season 2 opener. I am determined to catch up with all the seasons before Season 4 starts (and to not spoil myself until I am caught up!).

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG just watched 2x15 episode "Jacksonville" (the one where Olivia finds out about Peter). What a heartbreaking scene at the end!

The crap has hit the fan!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done with Season 2. HOLY. CRAP. What a finale! Call me stupid but I did not see the Olivia switch until she asked for the typewriter and they showed her tattoo. I hope Our-Fringe team figures it out soon.

I also did not see the kiss coming at all, but I am VERY happy that it did!

This is a fantastic show. John Noble and Anna Torv, their acting was fantastic. I used to hate on Anna's acting back in the beginning but it's kicking butt now.

What a fantastic show. Can't wait to bust through Season 3.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done with Season 2. HOLY. CRAP. What a finale! Call me stupid but I did not see the Olivia switch until she asked for the typewriter and they showed her tattoo. I hope Our-Fringe team figures it out soon.

I also did not see the kiss coming at all, but I am VERY happy that it did!

This is a fantastic show. John Noble and Anna Torv, their acting was fantastic. I used to hate on Anna's acting back in the beginning but it's kicking butt now.

What a fantastic show. Can't wait to bust through Season 3.

:thumbup:

Knew you'd get hooked. :D

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I am all caught up! I have no frickin' idea what happened in the finale. I would LOVE if the 2 universes became allies (or if everyone got together to fight Walternate). Awesome, Awesome show. Where in the eff did Peter go?!!?!?!?!

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think he went, I think he never was.

But they better find a way to make him again our there shall be pounting around my house. ;)

And I don't want any freaking lame "it was all a dream" sequence.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose