Fringe (FOX)

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
The last episode "Jacksonville" was awesome. This is easily my favorite show on TV right now. CSI New York and House come close, but no show does as much for suspense and intrigue as Fringe.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You're kidding right? Nobody is slamming Fringe for its lack of realism. You seem to be using the fiction that people are to support your theory that Fringe is a better show.
Sure, both premises are ridiculous. But there's a difference between having connections and having preposterous coincidences.

So I finally got back into Fringe (apparently, I had left right before it got really good), and I had to read this thread all over again. I got a huge laugh out of the fact that I kept repeating that I wasn't comparing how good Lost and Fringe are, and you come back with the above. Ah, good times :)

Of course, I personally think Fringe is a vastly superior show, but that is simply my tastes ;)

AZZenny

Reaction score
The science is absurd, but from what I've read, not totally made up. There are at least people doing some theorizing, for example, about the non-linear/non-directional nature of time, or about what would happen if alternate universes happened to blur or bump or whatever. I read interviews or pop-scientific articles about this and it sounds just as bizarre and silly as the occurrences on the show.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Finally the wife gave up Grey's Anatomy a few weeks ago so Fringe got back on the DVR> I have sinced watched 2 episodes with the most recent being Jacksonville. That was a great, great episode.

The whole alternative universe and the switching of buildings and people was downright awesome.

I really enjoyed season 1 and I am happy that this back in the fold of my insane number of tv shows I watch each week.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
great season finale. I kinda figured once Bell was knocked out that Olivia was replaced by altelivia. Can't wait to see how they get her back.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great season finale. I kinda figured once Bell was knocked out that Olivia was replaced by altelivia. Can't wait to see how they get her back.

I called it as well. As soon as I had seen Olivia get up...I thought oh crap...it's the wrong one. I watched her very closely when they were on stage and her expression was one of "now what" which solidified it for me.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Some questions.... There was an anagram from the episode that said "Don't Trust Sam Weiss" on Walternates chalk board. Also the glyphs for the episode say "Weiss". Wonder whats gonna happen with that...

Sam Weiss was the dude at the bowling ally that helps Olivia after her jump.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Anybody been watching so far this season? It's really gotten to be a spectacular show--did the EXACT opposite of what Heroes did, started off "meh" but got better and better and now it's one of the best shows on TV (although the ratings aren't that great).

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Anybody been watching so far this season? It's really gotten to be a spectacular show--did the EXACT opposite of what Heroes did, started off "meh" but got better and better and now it's one of the best shows on TV (although the ratings aren't that great).

Agreed. I get excited every Thursday, knowing it is one. Funny thing is, I gave up on it the first season and ended up having to come back and catch up. It didn't pop right away, but man did it develop.

As far as comparisons to Heroes, it's nice that Fringe doesn't have 1,000 story lines that take place for about five seconds each :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's one of the 2 shows that I look forward the most to (not counting the just ended or soon to end summer shows). For me, it's just half a notch below another show that started out so-so, Stargate Universe. Unfortunately, ratings aren't so hot for either show.

Steve

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, there is just not a lot of talk on this show huh?

LOVING it so far this year...last week's episode at the end...Liz telling Peter that he SHOULD have known...was so real and raw and perfect...they dealt with those storylines so well I thought.

Not sure what I think about it moving to Friday nights when it returns...I hope that isn't the kiss of death.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Friday doesn't kill this either. However, X-Files did great on Friday. I hope this show makes it. One of my favorites.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
This season has been great. And the whole everybody except Peter getting to play 2 different people was great to see. A couple of the last few episodes have had really creepy stuff in them. From the old man kidnapping children as the monster in the closet to the guy reanimating the ballerina.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just caught up (1.5 seasons in 2 weeks). Love this show and I'll represent a +1 for the friday night ratings.

My one scifi-geek beef with the alternate dimension: seems there ARE differences in events that are unrelated to Walter's intrusion to save Peter (ie--William dying as a young boy in a car crash, Olivia's sister dying in childbirth, etc...). That's problematic because there's no way with slight differences over hundreds of generations you'd have exact duplicates of yourself in the alternate universe. Even something as simple as a building being present in one universe that isn't in another, it changes human behavior (ie--going to dinner at the grand hotel where someone meets their future wife or husband) that would result in genetics being altered and the course of the universe being sent in a different direction.

BTW, love the monikers "Walternate" and "Fauxlivia." Clever.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I now have my brother in law hooked on the show. I convinced him to rent season 1 and now he is hooked. He said he never was that interested in the show but now he is obsessed. He is playing catchup and determined to catchup by May sweeps. lol.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox has renewed "Fringe," the critically acclaimed sci-fi drama, for a fourth season, reports Executive Producer Joel Wyman.

"Fringe was picked up!" Wyman tweeted today, "Thanks Fringedom!"

Created by J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, "Fringe" stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown and Jasika Nicole. Though critically acclaimed, there was some worry that the series' declining ratings would prevent its renewal, especially after a recent move to its current Friday night timeslot.

Fans can now breath a sigh of relief, though, as the renewal should keep "Fringe" on the air through, at least, 2012.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=75563#ixzz1HaJnsCL9

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Fox has renewed "Fringe," the critically acclaimed sci-fi drama, for a fourth season, reports Executive Producer Joel Wyman.

"Fringe was picked up!" Wyman tweeted today, "Thanks Fringedom!"

Created by J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, "Fringe" stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown and Jasika Nicole. Though critically acclaimed, there was some worry that the series' declining ratings would prevent its renewal, especially after a recent move to its current Friday night timeslot.

Fans can now breath a sigh of relief, though, as the renewal should keep "Fringe" on the air through, at least, 2012.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=75563#ixzz1HaJnsCL9

F YEAH!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad they took a break from the William Bell thing in Olivia. Actually think it's really lame. Loved having another "alternate" episode.

P.S. Fringe another season. Woohoo!