Fringe (FOX)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thud:

Wow.

God I hope they renew this show for a 13 ep Season 5.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
The past 5 or so episodes of the show have had me thinking about this old time travel book called The Man Who Folded Himself. In that book everytime the main character time travelled he created another version of himself. Old, young, man, woman, it was different versions and they would meet up and hang out.

I am beginning to wonder if Walter, Peter, and the Observers are all going to be the same person. Each version being a new Peter/Walter trying to save the world from the chaos he causes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I was just confused after last night episode thinking....did I miss an episode? After I watched the previews for next weeks going back to where we left off I was like huh?

Than I remembered that each season Fringe sort of did this offshoot episode. Like I need this show to blow my mind anymore than it does sometimes. LOL.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
The past 5 or so episodes of the show have had me thinking about this old time travel book called The Man Who Folded Himself. In that book everytime the main character time travelled he created another version of himself. Old, young, man, woman, it was different versions and they would meet up and hang out.

Cool, now I've got to read the book. A bargin to boot, 2.99 Kindle edition.

As for Fringe, no one was really shocked, were they? It was a good episode but . . .

Where was Olivia?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, now I've got to read the book. A bargin to boot, 2.99 Kindle edition.

As for Fringe, no one was really shocked, were they? It was a good episode but . . .

Where was Olivia?

The inference was that the Observers were right and she was dead. Remember September said that no matter what universe he traveled to the outcome was always the same Olivia had to die

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Officially renewed for a 13 episode (and final) season 5!!! Sooo freaking happy!!!!!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They filmed 2 endings to the season finale because they were not sure if they were going to get a chance to wrap it up next season. The plan was always one more season. However, now at least they are going to get time to wrap things up the right way and answer more questions.

Really happy about this. Sad it's only a 13 episode season but freaking happy it's not ending with some half assed quick tie up this year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They filmed 2 endings to the season finale because they were not sure if they were going to get a chance to wrap it up next season. The plan was always one more season. However, now at least they are going to get time to wrap things up the right way and answer more questions.

Really happy about this. Sad it's only a 13 episode season but freaking happy it's not ending with some half assed quick tie up this year.

Was this the season finale, then?

Oh, and why were they so stupid?
After admitting that he wanted them to close the gate, and having foiled the other Broils from destroying the gate, they let themselves be tricked into closing the bridge down? Ugh, stupid!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was this the season finale, then?

Oh, and why were they so stupid?
After admitting that he wanted them to close the gate, and having foiled the other Broils from destroying the gate, they let themselves be tricked into closing the bridge down? Ugh, stupid!

No the finale is coming up soon. Also, I think It was just a trick. That device that he wanted Broils to hookup probably was meant to PREVENT them from closing down the bridge. DRJ has used misdirection from day one which I think is the point. Every time they think they know what he is doing it ends up being something else.

In the preview for next weeks episode, you hear a voice over that DRJ has possibly found another way to collapse the universes.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fantastic end to this season. I thinks this ep definitely could have been a good series finale, but I am SO happy that it's not.

I actually GASPED when Walter did what he did regarding Olivia.

And the reanimation scene? Probably one of the creepiest things I've seen on Fringe since the marionette scene with that dead/alive girl.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I finally got caught up on this last night. What an ending!

Sure felt like a series-ender, but then they tacked on the very last scene to set up the next season. Looking forward to it. :)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got caught up on this last night. What an ending!

Sure felt like a series-ender, but then they tacked on the very last scene to set up the next season. Looking forward to it. :)

Agreed about it feeling like a series ender. If they hadn't renewed, I would have been more than OK with how it ended (I am assuming they would have cut the last walter/observer scene). Good job writers!

I love this show.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fringe returns next Friday, 9/28!

Woot!

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone was shocked that Walter shot Olivia. She had to die and I realized in the previous scene when he was loading the gun "oh when Olivia shows up he's gonna kill her".

Tonight's episode was pretty good. I don't know how that CD player still worked in that car, but good thing it did.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVED the premiere.

LOVED the reunion scene between Etta and you know who. "3 years, 1 month, 5 days" just about killed me. I am really interested in their relationship now, and how they will interact with each other.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
12 episodes left and counting. Crap, so much to cover and so little time....unless your an Observer I guess.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe the show did that.

Gut. Punch!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose