Fringe (FOX)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Peter/Olivia scene at the end! :thud: Olivia looked horrified!

Next episode looks epic with the Peter/Windmark fight. Too bad we have to wait 3 effing weeks.

I love this show!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sucks this show is coming to an end. You have to give the network credit. They are not pulling any punches this season and they are not scrounging on the FX either. Great freaking show.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sucks this show is coming to an end. You have to give the network credit. They are not pulling any punches this season and they are not scrounging on the FX either. Great freaking show.

I wish another network, like SyFy, had picked it up to continue the series. Stupid that the decent network shows don't last and a lot of crappy ones go on forever. Bleh.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I think Science is doing a Fringe marathon this weekend or something.

Maybe they could get work something out to continue the series.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I think Science is doing a Fringe marathon this weekend or something.

Maybe they could get work something out to continue the series.

I would imagine it is way too expensive for a cable show. That was the complaint before they renewed. Very expensive show with low viewership. If it got Walking Dead numbers I'm sure a cable company could justify it. I would hate for it to turn into a cheesy sci fi channel show on a limited budget. I'd rather it just end.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All seasons of Fringe are 9.99 on amazon right now for DVD. Smoking deal!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this show so effing much.

Promo for the series finale.... Holy crap!

I am going to cry like the fan girl that I am next Friday.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great satisfying finale. I absolutely LoVED kick ass Olivia. I cried like a baby at the Walter and Peter scene: "you're my favorite thing ever." Omgggg my heart!

I love this show and will miss these characters.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great satisfying finale. I absolutely LoVED kick ass Olivia. I cried like a baby at the Walter and Peter scene: "you're my favorite thing ever." Omgggg my heart!

I love this show and will miss these characters.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great episode and I agree a very satisfying ending to the show. The scene with Peter and Walter and even the scene with Astrid and Walter was great. They even left some things for the audience to ponder.

For example, when Peter sees the letter of the Tulip, if you look at his reaction your not sure what kind of reaction that is. Does he remember something that he shouldn't because of his experience in shifting out? Is it just a realization that Walter probably doing something significant.

Here is the other moment. When Michael presses his finger to his lips to Olivia and gives her the "shhh" gesture you are not sure what this means. When Olivia uses her abilities at the end...he makes the same gesture again. Almost none of the Reviewers of the episode picked up on the significance of those two moments. It means in my opinion that Walter was wrong. Injecting her didn't result in temporary return of her powers. She has them beck period. That's why she could summon up her powers at the end. It's why on her final shift or at the end she didn't have a withdraw episode.

Awesome stuff!

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started a re-watch recently. Man I love this show. I miss it!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I watched about 5 shows when it first came out. Just couldn't get into it. To me it was a X-Files copy cat. I likes X-Files, just didn't like Fringe.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Olivia didn't really appeal to me for a long time, but the other characters kept me in for the long haul. So happy they did! Great show that actually managed to wrap up nicely.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Olivia didn't really appeal to me for a long time, but the other characters kept me in for the long haul. So happy they did! Great show that actually managed to wrap up nicely.

That is a good point. I really didn't like Olivia either or the actress who played her at first. However, she completely grew into the part and the show just kept getting better and better. It's definitely one of those shows that got better as it went along verses hitting it out of the park right away.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in a Fringe re-watch right now. Just finished up the finale for season 2. The scene between the two Olivia's is jaw dropping. I have to remind myself it is one actress playing both parts. I can't believe I hated on Anna Torv's acting when I first started watching.

I hate Alt-Olivia with a fiery passion lol (at least until episode "Liberty" from season 5)

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's time for another re-watch. I miss this show like crazy. Wish we would have seen more of the two universes.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just started a re-watch. Really love the characters on this show.
I’ve been thinking of doing a re-watch as well. I seriously loved Fringe. Wish it got more love than it did but 5 seasons is a good amount of shows.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI: All seasons are available for free (with ads) on IMDb TV.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson