Free Agency Rumors

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Beachum gave up 3. Rate him.
A guy who wore down as the season progressed and was awful run blocking. It isn't tough. A year after passing on three OTs, we still have a hole at RT, we didn't amke the playoffs because we couldn't protect our QB, and we still don't know if Simmons can be a LB in the NFL.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A guy who wore down as the season progressed and was awful run blocking. It isn't tough. A year after passing on three OTs, we still have a hole at RT, we didn't amke the playoffs because we couldn't protect our QB, and we still don't know if Simmons can be a LB in the NFL.

We have two possible starters at RT under contract, FA and the draft. Our 0-line problem was interior not exterior so how would have substituting Wirfs for Beachum changed that?

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We have two possible starters at RT under contract, FA and the draft. Our 0-line problem was interior not exterior so how would have substituting Wirfs for Beacbum changed that?
We would have a proven RT to go with out proven LT and proven LG. That would leave only two positions to fill with question marks. We currently have three. So, one less question mark on our offensive line. I dont' know about you, but that seems easily better.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Like him or not, Keim is one of our own, and he is so very lonely. We need to show him some love, this year especially. Maybe we can take up a collection and buy him some flowers and/or a nice set of steak knives to help make him feel loved.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We are once again, right in front of the Raiders....who always seem to be in the market for a QB.

My best/most realistic hope is that 3 QB's go before our pick, and some team like the Saints, or maybe the Steelers is willing to pay handsomely to move up to #16 for a QB

Trade #16 to the Saints for #28, 60, and #98.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are once again, right in front of the Raiders....who always seem to be in the market for a QB.

My best/most realistic hope is that 3 QB's go before our pick, and some team like the Saints, or maybe the Steelers is willing to pay handsomely to move up to #16 for a QB

Trade #16 to the Saints for #28, 60, and #98.

Are they in the market for a QB though?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That guy wearing lead boots has some of the best footwork ever, for a QB in the pocket. Sometimes guys like KM run around and actually run into sacks...TB12 rarely steps into sacks.

There was a reason many of his best rated offensive linemen failed playing at the same level somewhere else
Brady can make the linemen looks better then what they are, isn't a opinion but facts

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
..... yeah so when was the last time we got eaten alive by a TE? it used to happen every week.... for years
In fact it was a major topic of discussion around here.... for years

Simmons was drafted to help fix that issue and even with limited playing time he did in fact help fix it

oh ye of short memories

Suxx they missed on Jones though... that’s what it means when coaches start talking about moving a tackle over to guard in his rookie season.... means he doesn’t have the feet to play OT in the nfl

signing a top notch center seems like a good idea..... ask Russell Wilson how he felt about max unger being traded to New Orleans.... then ask drew Brees how he felt about getting him
Short quarterbacks need a strong center more so than traditional qbs I think

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That guy wearing lead boots has some of the best footwork ever, for a QB in the pocket. Sometimes guys like KM run around and actually run into sacks...TB12 rarely steps into sacks.

Yes but when Kyler runs around and gets sacked it doesn't get accredited to Beechum. When Brady is slow in the pocket it does get accredited to Wirfs.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes but when Kyler runs around and gets sacked it doesn't get accredited to Beechum. When Brady is slow in the pocket it does get accredited to Wirfs.
Doesn't matter at all, he has the greatest pocket presence ever, he reads plays fast and has the best quick release, during his career was sacked lot less then league average
Can u tell me why his former linemen weren't so great without him?
Wirfs with Murray at qb would have allowed more then a single sack

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe this debate gives me the freedom to go back over to the Suns board so that I can bitch and moan some more about how I was right for wanting us to draft Doncic over Ayton?

Nope..... that would just make me look like petty.

On that day, in that bubble...... Simmons was a far better choice. It would have been similar to if we would have passed over Pat P in 2011 when he was clearly the most athletic, most productive, and top rated prospect on the board.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This free agent class is already so loaded. It is going to be crazy.

Here are some players who I find interesting in terms of what they will get.

QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick
-So many teams out there with a garbage young QB, no hope to upgrade, and this guy who can fling it around the yard is able to just sign.

RB - Aaron Jones
-Down cap year and at a position that is being devalued. Will he just take a one year deal being a RB or will someone get a great value deal?

WR - TY Hilton
-Several better options and he is on the wrong side of 30. That said, he wasn't bad last year and still can be a #2.

TE - Kyle Rudolph
-He left Minnesota because he wouldn't take a paycut from 8 mil or so. How much is he going to be willing to take to play somewhere else?

DT - Jurell Casey & Kawaan Short
-Both once dominant interior players, who have struggled to stay healthy. If Geno Atkins gets cut, add him to this group.

EDGE - Haason Reddick
-What is the market for a 240 lb EDGE player who struggles to play off the ball? He can't be a DE or a 4-3 WOLB. Almost exclusively limited to a 3-4 OLB role.

EDGE - Jadeveon Clowney
-One of the best run stopping DEs in football, but three teams in three years, getting older, and coming off an injury. Never over 10 sacks in his career. What is he willing to play for?

S - Marcus Williams
-Young, experienced deep S who is consistent. Haven't heard much hype for a guy who I think is one of the best FA on the market. Has started 60 NFL for a competitor and turns 25 in September.

CB - Patrick Peterson
-What is the market for a 30 year old declining CB who struggles in zone?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maybe this debate gives me the freedom to go back over to the Suns board so that I can bitch and moan some more about how I was right for wanting us to draft Doncic over Ayton?

On that day, in that bubble...... Simmons was a far better choice. It would have been similar to if we would have passed over Pat P in 2011 when he was clearly the most athletic, most productive, and top rated prospect on the board.
Never petty to point out when you were the voice of reason and solid decision making.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give it by week 9 when Wirfs is on his way to an All-Pro season while Simmons gets blown up in the run game & folks will still say Simmons was the better pick.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Never petty to point out when you were the voice of reason and solid decision making.
Someone defended Davis over AP.
Someone defended Floyd over DeCastro.
Someone wanted Fairley over Pat P.
Someone wanted Chris Jones over Nkemdiche.
Someone wanted Big Ben over Larry.

In short....... It's always petty.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Someone defended Davis over AP.
Someone defended Floyd over DeCastro.
Someone wanted Fairley over Pat P.
Someone wanted Chris Jones over Nkemdiche.
Someone wanted Big Ben over Larry.

In short....... It's always petty.
I would argue that the entire point in discussing sports is about getting educated and getting it right.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a rumor, but Mike Davis wouldn't be a terrible option at RB.

He'd be a good scheme fit. I don't think Tevin Coleman would be a bad option either and has the added advantage of bringing some inside knowledge.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Tristan Wirfs running 4.85 at 320lbs is better than Simmons running 4.39 at 238.

If you're basing the pick on the most athletic guy then Wirfs was the guy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This free agent class is already so loaded. It is going to be crazy.

Here are some players who I find interesting in terms of what they will get.

QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick
-So many teams out there with a garbage young QB, no hope to upgrade, and this guy who can fling it around the yard is able to just sign.

RB - Aaron Jones
-Down cap year and at a position that is being devalued. Will he just take a one year deal being a RB or will someone get a great value deal?

WR - TY Hilton
-Several better options and he is on the wrong side of 30. That said, he wasn't bad last year and still can be a #2.

TE - Kyle Rudolph
-He left Minnesota because he wouldn't take a paycut from 8 mil or so. How much is he going to be willing to take to play somewhere else?

DT - Jurell Casey & Kawaan Short
-Both once dominant interior players, who have struggled to stay healthy. If Geno Atkins gets cut, add him to this group.

EDGE - Haason Reddick
-What is the market for a 240 lb EDGE player who struggles to play off the ball? He can't be a DE or a 4-3 WOLB. Almost exclusively limited to a 3-4 OLB role.

EDGE - Jadeveon Clowney
-One of the best run stopping DEs in football, but three teams in three years, getting older, and coming off an injury. Never over 10 sacks in his career. What is he willing to play for?

S - Marcus Williams
-Young, experienced deep S who is consistent. Haven't heard much hype for a guy who I think is one of the best FA on the market. Has started 60 NFL for a competitor and turns 25 in September.

CB - Patrick Peterson
-What is the market for a 30 year old declining CB who struggles in zone?

I really like the idea of bringing Fitzpatrick in as backup.

He's from Arizona. I think he'd be willing to play for little money. He'd be a great locker room presence and mentor for Kyler. Hundley is gone and Streveler is garbage.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson