Free Agency Rumors

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok. I have gone down a rabbit hole and here is what I have found.

We NEED to re-sign Markus Golden. He will be the best value on the market for edge players in relation to impacting the opposing QB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Tristan Wirfs running 4.85 at 320lbs is better than Simmons running 4.39 at 238.

If you're basing the pick on the most athletic guy then Wirfs was the guy.

Based on SPARQ numbers, Simmons might be the most athletic prospect in the modern draft era.

Just using 40 yard dash numbers are meaningless, especially for a position that rarely ever runs 40 yards.

I wanted Wills, Becton, or Wirfs. I was happy to get Simmons, but I still felt OL was more important.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like the idea of bringing Fitzpatrick in as backup.

He's from Arizona. I think he'd be willing to play for little money. He'd be a great locker room presence and mentor for Kyler. Hundley is gone and Streveler is garbage.

Fitzpatrick has made a lot of money over his career by being judicious in his choices and he always gets above average deals.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick has made a lot of money over his career by being judicious in his choices and he always gets above average deals.

Did you know he went to Harvard?

Before Miami, while at the Bucs he was on just over $3m per. That was 4 years ago and he's 38 now. He's very unlikely to get a starting gig and I'm hoping for a home town discount.

I think $2.5m is realistic and if they really are in "win now" mode you would thing they will learn their lesson from the Streveler experiment.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Before Miami, while at the Bucs he was on just over $3m per. That was 4 years ago and he's 38 now. He's very unlikely to get a starting gig and I'm hoping for a home town discount.

I think $2.5m is realistic and if they really are in "win now" mode you would thing they will learn their lesson from the Streveler experiment.

I legitimately think Kyler and Fitzmagic would get along incredibly well.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes and we'll see.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That’d be perfect. Yi
Give it by week 9 when Wirfs is on his way to an All-Pro season while Simmons gets blown up in the run game & folks will still say Simmons was the better pick.
That’d be perfect. Then you can come back on here and tell everyone that you were right.

what if Wirfs had turned out to be Isaiah Wilson? But he had a good year so Keim was wrong for taking the higher rated player.

Still waiting for someone to find anyplace that had Wirfs rated a better prospect than Simmons.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok, back to the deep dive. I found this interesting regarding Markus Golden.

Over the past two years, here are some of the top pressure players in football. I found an interesting statistic in "Pressures". Pressures are the accumulation of sacks, hurries and QB knockdowns. So, add up those three categories and you have your number of pressures. What I like about this stat is that it matches what my eyes tell me.

TJ Watt has the most over the past two seasons in 120.
Aaron Donald - 100
Joey Bosa - 99
Shaq Barrett - 93
Za'Darius Smith - 89
Khalil Mack - 76
Cam Jordan - 75
Markus Golden - 74
Chris Jones - 71
Harold Landry - 66
Cam Heyward - 64
Matt Judon - 63
Myles Garrett - 61
Bud Dupree - 56

That is a pretty impressive list for Markus Golden to be on over the past two seasons combined.

Some things to keep in mind.

Von Miller, Nick Bosa, Chandler Jones and Danielle Hunter were in the top 20 in 2019, but had major injuries in 2020.

Reddick had 34 pressures in 2020 and Golden had 30.

JJWatt has 89 combining his 2020 and 2018 seasons.

Chandler Jones 79 combining 2019 and 2018.

Von Miller 73 combining 2019 and 2018.

Danielle Hunter 74 combining 2019 and 2018.

So, while Golden's sack numbers have not been stellar, his level of disruption has been one of the best in the NFL over the past two seasons.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm just here to echo I hope we save money going the Golden route and only pay Reddick if he comes back not getting what he was hoping.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’d be perfect. Yi

That’d be perfect. Then you can come back on here and tell everyone that you were right.

what if Wirfs had turned out to be Isaiah Wilson? But he had a good year so Keim was wrong for taking the higher rated player.

Still waiting for someone to find anyplace that had Wirfs rated a better prospect than Simmons.
What if wolves could fly? What if spiders could talk? Don’t ask pointless hypotheticals.

What this board knows is that Simmons had a pretty forgettable year while Wirfs played like potential perennial All-Pro.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What if wolves could fly? What if spiders could talk? Don’t ask pointless hypotheticals.

What this board knows is that Simmons had a pretty forgettable year while Wirfs played like potential perennial All-Pro.

What this board knows is that you extrapolate:

extrapolated (past tense) · extrapolated (past participle)
  1. extend the application of (a method or conclusion, especially one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.