For those of you that say lose out for a better draft pick ...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can tank the season without telling your team that is what you are doing. Play DA for example. The coaches tell everyone that he is the best chance for them to win, blah blah blah. You play your young inexperienced players etc. Isn't that was Whiz did by starting DA in the first place?

Nice deflect ;)

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like to look further than the game in front of me.

So do I.

But you play to win every single game. And you get better with every game you win and you become champions. That's why the game is played. You win enough games consistently and then you don't have to worry about draft choices and getting a pick who maybe helps. In a few years. If the stars are all aligned and the moon is in Scorpio.

Sorry. Any other attitude makes my teeth hurt.

I can't believe this. We finally won and we're arguing about whether or not that was a good thing. :shrug: Only here. :D

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do I.

I can't believe this. We finally won and we're arguing about whether or not that was a good thing. :shrug: Only here. :D

You can win a battle and still lose the war.

Only here indeed. :thumbup:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some people are happy with the QB situation of the last 20 years and winning meaningless games. Some arent.

No need to get your collective panties in a bunch.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people are happy with the QB situation of the last 20 years and winning meaningless games. Some arent.

No need to get your collective panties in a bunch.
:confused:

It was meaningless either way, win or lose, Cards were not getting the number 1 overall.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:confused:

It was meaningless either way, win or lose, Cards were not getting the number 1 overall.

Thats not true. It was possible to get #1. It isnt now.

I know personally I got no joy from the win draft pick aside. I did want to see Skelton do well. I know what the other players bring to the table. A meaningless win doesnt change my mind.

In fact if we reel off some great meaningless wins the rest of the season it could save some jobs like Davis.

Sorry if wins excite me when we are in the hunt and not when we are out.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
... I say kiss my arse! There is NOTHING better than winning a game at home, especially after a seven game skid. It was soooo nice to walk out of the stadium a winner today and not have the opposing fans taunt me and other fans.

Thank you, Cardinals!!! Damn the draft pick!!!!

:yeahthat:

:cheers:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats not true. It was possible to get #1. It isnt now.

I know personally I got no joy from the win draft pick aside. I did want to see Skelton do well. I know what the other players bring to the table. A meaningless win doesnt change my mind.

In fact if we reel off some great meaningless wins the rest of the season it could save some jobs like Davis.

Sorry if wins excite me when we are in the hunt and not when we are out.

You should apologize. ;)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And I like my team to win. :)

i do too. just more than one meaningless game in a wasted season when a loss may have potentially meant more long-term success than this franchise has ever known. some of us appreciate your enthusiasm but try to maintain objectivity when weighing short-term success verses long-term goals.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i do too. just more than one meaningless game in a wasted season when a loss may have potentially meant more long-term success than this franchise has ever known. some of us appreciate your enthusiasm but try to maintain objectivity when weighing short-term success verses long-term goals.
I forced myself to watch the Bungles, Lions, Bills, and Panthers yesterday.

Cards had no shot at the top pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And if Luck doesn't come out...do we tank 2011 too?

lol, we didn't tank this year, we just sucked.

and for those of you who are seemingly hoping that luck isn't going to come out this year just to stick it to those of us that wanted a chance at drafting him, very few people pass up the chance to be the #1 pick in the draft. the kid attends stanford. he won't be that stupid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cards had a minimal shot to get him at best. The Broncos (and the Panthers by the way) are in such bad shape that a Card loss would have set the franchise back something fierce.

lol, this franchise has seen the depths. another loss in a string of 7 losses wouldn't have done anything to the psyche of this franchise. they know they aren't playing with a loaded gun b/c their QB's suck ass.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, this franchise has seen the depths. another loss in a string of 7 losses wouldn't have done anything to the psyche of this franchise. they know they aren't playing with a loaded gun b/c their QB's suck ass.
They had no shot at Luck.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Obviously, you don't need to draft a "sure fire" QB #1 overall to get a franchise QB.

:)

you're right, we can wait another 20 years and hope to get 2 1/2 great seasons outta a retread HOFer. i dunno, i'd rather the shot at drafting a young guy and get 15 great seasons outta a home-bred HOFer. call me crazy.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're right, we can wait another 20 years and hope to get 2 1/2 great seasons outta a retread HOFer. i dunno, i'd rather the shot at drafting a young guy and get 15 great seasons outta a home-bred HOFer. call me crazy.

John Skelton :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are crazy. They had no shot at him. See Panthers, Bengals, Bills, Lions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep, Luck reminds me of Rex Grossman.

lol. okay, i don't have to carry on this conversation with you any longer. that comment makes it meaningless b/c we're talking in different worlds.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can you please type out you speech as though you are Whiz telling the players and other coaches your gonna tank the rest of the season?

Can you also tell me how your gonna accurately judge all the young guys on your roster in game situations after you have told them to tank it?

Thanks in advance.

i don't know if anyone actually wants the team to tank. but that doesn't mean that we're not disappointed that we won. it's a weird bittersweet thing. i'm happy to know our guys have fight. but if we're so bad as to be double-digit losses in games played, i'd rather be terrible and rebound than poor-to-mediocre which can set in for decades.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, we didn't tank this year, we just sucked.

and for those of you who are seemingly hoping that luck isn't going to come out this year just to stick it to those of us that wanted a chance at drafting him, very few people pass up the chance to be the #1 pick in the draft. the kid attends stanford. he won't be that stupid.

That's what everyone said about Leinart and Manning too. I think the fact that he attends Stanford makes it more likely he stays in school rather than declaring for the draft. It's a great place to be.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sure. Who wouldn't? But, in the meantime, we don't know if Luck is even entering the draft and then no is no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to the draft. Might as well pass the time trying to get the players who are actually here to play as well as possible.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like being in a stadium where 1/4 of the people are fans of the opposing team. It gives me satisfaction to see those fans sitting in their chairs and remaining quiet. Perhaps being at the game gives me a different outlook. Regardless, to each his own. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I forced myself to watch the Bungles, Lions, Bills, and Panthers yesterday.

Cards had no shot at the top pick.

lions and bills won. if we'd of lost, that puts us two spots closer. carolina blew a game thanksgiving weekend. if they came that close once, it was possible again. if they'd have beaten us, they would have just needed another chance. bengals are talented enough to win one more game. that would have placed us first, i believe, due to the fact that we've got the easiest schedule in the league (which should further indicate how meaningless yesterday's game was . . . we've won 4 of 13 games against the easiest schedule in the league, that 1 win isn't going to push us over the top . . . in any way, shape, or form).

that said, i'm not totally down on yesterday's performance. as i said, i'm happy to see fight. glad to see washington make a play. and though skelton wasn't absolutely atrocious (but he was FAR from good), he didn't turn the ball over or take a sack. not bad for a first game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard