Foles to become free agent

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
.. per PFT this morning. Any interest? I could see trading Rosen and signing him if the money wasn't crazy. I'd take him over Josh in a heartbeat. Trade #1 pick for more picks while retaining one near the top. Am I crazy?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
.. per PFT this morning. Any interest? I could see trading Rosen and signing him if the money wasn't crazy. I'd take him over Josh in a heartbeat. Trade #1 pick for more picks while retaining one near the top. Am I crazy?

I'm by far the biggest Nick Foles stan on this message board.

That said:

Trading Josh Rosen would incur a cap hit of $8 million, which makes this pipe dream of trading Josh to install Murray, Haskins, or Foles unrealistic.

I wish Nick well in Jacksonville or Washington.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More realistic question might be: What if we kept Rosen and signed Foles as a #2 QB and mentor? Could we afford it? Would Foles buy into it?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY NOW!

Cards got Rosen OR Murray available to them right now ...both under rook deals for 3-4 years. That's liquid gold

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'll say because most won't, but as whole for what he might want, Foles sucks... but I think Keenum would make a good number two under that Kings guy

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Foles is marginal at best. People forget that he was so awful earlier in the season that it forced Wentz to come back early. Then he goes on another run and all of a sudden he's a god again. He's good at what he is and that's a quality backup. That's all.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
Foles is marginal at best. People forget that he was so awful earlier in the season that it forced Wentz to come back early. Then he goes on another run and all of a sudden he's a god again. He's good at what he is and that's a quality backup. That's all.

I’m not in favor of signing Foles but you give him all the blame for the Eagles poor start in 2018 but zero credit for his success leading them to the Super Bowl and late season push last year that included another post season win.
With all due respect marginal quarterbacks don’t lead game winning drives in the post season on the road against the leagues top defense.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Foles sucks, but he'd be an upgrade over Rosen, who is statistically the worst QB in the NFL.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
ugh

WHY does everyone want to give up on Rosen already? I don't get it. For Nick F'ing Foles? Are we serious?
Have to agree 100%’ seems like few want to see how Rosen does under KK, just stupid.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Foles sucks, but he'd be an upgrade over Rosen, who is statistically the worst QB in the NFL.

i would like to suck in the life in the same way foles sucks on the field
dont get the hate towards him, he played better then wentz even this season, he played great in the playoff again, he was a dominator last year, making a crazy run to the superbowl
His name is part of the nfl prime time history

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’m not in favor of signing Foles but you give him all the blame for the Eagles poor start in 2018 but zero credit for his success leading them to the Super Bowl and late season push last year that included another post season win.
With all due respect marginal quarterbacks don’t lead game winning drives in the post season on the road against the leagues top defense.
It's not just the beginning of the last season we take into account, but the multiple teams he ended up on in his career that he was poor with, only to have one marvelous run.

It's like ignoring the rest of Jeremy Lin's mediocre career for that small stretch when "Linsanity" happened.

Reaction score
i would like to suck in the life in the same way foles sucks on the field
dont get the hate towards him, he played better then wentz even this season, he played great in the playoff again, he was a dominator last year, making a crazy run to the superbowl
His name is part of the nfl prime time history

I guess you haven't watched every other season he's played where he was terrible. He had one terrific short run. That was it.

OP
OP
Brak

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Thank you.

I can totally understand most of you not thinking this is a good idea - but the comments about Foles not being a very good QB, or worse, are just silly.