Floyd is trade bait..

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Any idea what his value would be? Maybe get us up to 20? That would be a high third round value

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope they don't trade Floyd. I want to see this receiving group back. Every WR contributed in someway last year that resulted in wins

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
You get a 2nd for Floyd, then go get his replacement with either Braxton Miller or Sterling Shepard.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok, report comes from Matt Miller at Bleacher Report. He cites team sources. Bleacher Report has gotten better, but it does not seem like it is anything but speculation at this point. "Wouldn't be surprised" is different from "are shopping".

Here is what I will say. We aren't trading to move up for Kelly. We may move up to get a DB or DL. I don't see the Cardinals trading Floyd just to take another WR in round 1.

My guesses. Eli Apple. William Jackson III. Myles Jack. Jarran Reed. Vernon Butler.

Long shot, bog splash guess. Cleveland or Baltimore. Both need WRs...and both are looking to move back.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, report comes from Matt Miller at Bleacher Report. He cites team sources. Bleacher Report has gotten better, but it does not seem like it is anything but speculation at this point. "Wouldn't be surprised" is different from "are shopping".

Here is what I will say. We aren't trading to move up for Kelly. We may move up to get a DB or DL. I don't see the Cardinals trading Floyd just to take another WR in round 1.

My guesses. Eli Apple. William Jackson III. Myles Jack. Jarran Reed. Vernon Butler.

Long shot, bog splash guess. Cleveland or Baltimore. Both need WRs...and both are looking to move back.

Make that "source' from what I've read.... a scout.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I bet Catmans sources are telling him were trading Floyd to Minny for AD by the end of tomorrow. :D;):D

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Only possible way is for a 2 since we don't have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Make that "source' from what I've read.... a scout.

Miller claims two sources, and yes, one being a scout.

Again, stating that a scout is telling you he wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals trade Floyd is very different from the scout saying the Cardinals are shopping Floyd.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals traded Floyd, but I have no idea if they are making calls or just taking calls.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would think we're more trying to trade back into the 2nd round more than trading up in the 1st. That wold make more sense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Again, stating that a scout is telling you he wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals trade Floyd is very different from the scout saying the Cardinals are shopping Floyd.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals traded Floyd, but I have no idea if they are making calls or just taking calls.

in a weak wr's class should be the best moment to trade floyd
and get the best value out of him

is worth at least a 2nd rounder

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

1) I'm a huge Michael Floyd fan and supporter. I think he's criminally underrated by this board b/c he's a first-round WR who didn't become Fitz or Boldin. Really, he's ended up in four seasons the WR that we hoped Bryant Johnson would develop into. He's probably never going to get into the rarefied air of A.J. Green and Antonio Smith, but he'll be an above-average #1 in the right system — like a bigger Jeremy Maclin.

2) That said, it would be criminal of Keim not to poke around and see if a trade is available. Floyd is in the last year of his contract; they'll either have to extend him for more money or lose him next offseason. If traded for a draft pick, that prospect will have four or five years on his current deal at a fraction of what Floyd is making now or will make in the years to come.

3) Targeting certain prospects right now is a fool's errand. I think there's a steep drop-off after the first half-dozen picks (maybe eight if you include the quarterbacks), and there's no reason to think the guy you take at 40 won't be as good or better than the guy who's selected at 12.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds to me is if the Cards leaked Floyd's name out there as available so they can gauge interest. You don't have to be "officially" shopping a guy to shop a guy. I agree with your first point above though.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Arizona Cardinals: Even with restricted free agent Tony Jefferson signing his one-year tender, I'm told by a Cardinals scout that they will target a defensive back in Round 1. The center position is one the Cardinals could target early, and the scout also said the team fell in love with Alabama's Ryan Kelly (Alabama). The scout and another team source both said they wouldn't be surprised if wide receiver Michael Floyd is used as trade bait to move up or add extra picks. That was the case last year, too...,.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I have a hard time thinking any team is going to be willing to give up a #2 for Floyd knowing that they will also then need to sign him to a hefty deal.

I know the Cardinals did just that with Jones, however the same premium is not put on WRs as pass rushers. I think they'd be looking at getting a 4th rd pick or maybe at best another late #3 in return.

I don't think it's worth it unless they have already made up their minds that they have no inentions or re-signing him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's worth it unless they have already made up their minds that they have no inentions or re-signing him.

I think you are very close.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Okay, this isn't stunning. I posted the other day the Cards have been concerned with the way Floyd disappears in too many games. It seems more likely they'd move up than pick up another pick. Still they won't get much of a move from Floyd who's in his walk year. He doesn't seem likely to be worth a tag. I certainly don't see moving up to take a center. A pass rusher or CB would make more sense, but in the end this doesn't seem worth the trouble.