Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TWD has some very strong black characters and this one has had a lot of black ones already which should increase their survival rate but maybe not. I still dont see why people get up in arms over which race is being killed.

PS: I doubt they will have any trouble creating tension moving forward.

thanks for the PS... I was completely lost that they could create tension moving forward!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think people thought he was a walker when he woke up, just that he was a junkie waking up after shooting up. That was very evident to me but :shrug:

I like the main man, the girlfriend/wife not really. You would think during the final scene she would show emotion but no, shes just staring at someone who has been run over 4 times, mangled and still alive looking up at her and her expression is no different than a woman waiting for a bus

I'm pretty sure everyone knew he was a junkie. IMO it just felt like they were trying to make it seem like he was in the apocalytic world already and then "BOOM!" surprise he is really in the normal world. Like it was supposed to have some big effect but everyone who is a fan already knew he was still in the real world. Clearly they were trying to play off "The Walking Dead" pilot where Rick wakes up confused in a totally different world. I just found it kind of silly and predictable.

There in lies the problem. People watching this show already know what is happening for the most part. The writers need to find a way to make it interesting.

I guess another problem I had was some of the really silly writing and character development. So the Stepdad goes and checks out the church by himself and finds a gruesome scene. Yet he doesn't call the cops like a normal person would and his wife just shrugs it off like blood and guts is a normal thing to find in an abandoned church. It was just plain silly and made two of the main characters look like jokes. Then they both go back to the church together and she sees the scene for herself and yet again they don't do anything about it. :shrug:

Seriously! The writers are trying to protray that the world is still kind of normal yet their main characters are already acting like the world has fallen apart. It just felt like a big swing and miss with these two characters.

With that said I did like the twist with the friend being the drug dealer. As mentioned before it just a shame they didn't work that story line more. I felt that the old man in the bed next to the injured son was very effective. I kept waiting for him to turn but he never did. It was a very effective scene IMO.

Like I said before there is a lot of potential here but if they aren't careful this show can go downhill fast.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure everyone knew he was a junkie. IMO it just felt like they were trying to make it seem like he was in the apocalytic world already and then "BOOM!" surprise he is really in the normal world. Like it was supposed to have some big effect but everyone who is a fan already knew he was still in the real world. Clearly they were trying to play off "The Walking Dead" pilot where Rick wakes up confused in a totally different world. I just found it kind of silly and predictable.

There in lies the problem. People watching this show already know what is happening for the most part. The writers need to find a way to make it interesting.

I guess another problem I had was some of the really silly writing and character development. So the Stepdad goes and checks out the church by himself and finds a gruesome scene. Yet he doesn't call the cops like a normal person would and his wife just shrugs it off like blood and guts is a normal thing to find in an abandoned church. It was just plain silly and made two of the main characters look like jokes. Then they both go back to the church together and she sees the scene for herself and yet again they don't do anything about it. :shrug:

Seriously! The writers are trying to protray that the world is still kind of normal yet their main characters are already acting like the world has fallen apart. It just felt like a big swing and miss with these two characters.

With that said I did like the twist with the friend being the drug dealer. As mentioned before it just a shame they didn't work that story line more. I felt that the old man in the bed next to the injured son was very effective. I kept waiting for him to turn but he never did. It was a very effective scene IMO.

Like I said before there is a lot of potential here but if they aren't careful this show can go downhill fast.

I thought about why he didn't call the cops and I figured he didn't as he didn't want to get his stepson in trouble if he had something to do with it. So he didn't call the cops about it.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The episode was tolerable, but nothing special.

I felt the same way and because of that I was disappointed. Even if I had never seen walking dead before I would still give this another shot, but I give most everything at least a couple episodes. I was right there with Beefcheese regarding the friend and felt like like that whole thing didn't work quite right.

I don't need a lot of action and zombie killing. I don't even need the show to be tense first stretches of every episode. Unlike most everybody I know I really enjoyed the entire second season. I just didn't think the pilot of fear the walking dead was very good.

But like I said, I like to give any show at least 2-3 episodes to find its way. This would have to get pretty bad for me to stop watching. Hell, I made it through the first season of the strain.

The intro noise was awesome too instead of a song or whatever

I love the lead in music for the walking dead. It's so perfect. Almost gives me chills when I haven't watched for a while. I'll have to pay closer attention to the noise on this show because I don't even remember it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt the same way and because of that I was disappointed. Even if I had never seen walking dead before I would still give this another shot, but I give most everything at least a couple episodes. I was right there with Beefcheese regarding the friend and felt like like that whole thing didn't work quite right.

I don't need a lot of action and zombie killing. I don't even need the show to be tense first stretches of every episode. Unlike most everybody I know I really enjoyed the entire second season. I just didn't think the pilot of fear the walking dead was very good.

But like I said, I like to give any show at least 2-3 episodes to find its way. This would have to get pretty bad for me to stop watching. Hell, I made it through the first season of the strain.

I love the lead in music for the walking dead. It's so perfect. Almost gives me chills when I haven't watched for a while. I'll have to pay closer attention to the noise on this show because I don't even remember it.
Me too on the intro music for the og show, this one was just one loud creepy noise. I had been wondering what intro music they would have and I thought it was cool

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about why he didn't call the cops and I figured he didn't as he didn't want to get his stepson in trouble if he had something to do with it. So he didn't call the cops about it.
Makes sense. They all had a lack of reaction to the madness but I'll let it slide

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After some fine acting by the mother throughout the show her reaction at the ending was laughably understated.
Just had a guy try to eat her, then watch as said guy was ran over several times by a car and is STILL living.

Her reaction... to wrinkle her forehead, look off into the distance and mutter "whats going on here?"

Also, was anyone else trying to figure out how they got 1980s Johnny Depp to play the junkie son?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the dad, the actor, Cliff Curtis.

You must be registered for see images attach

I met him on the set of Three Kings when it was filmed down in Casa Grande. Cool guy and I think that was his first really big movie he played in back in 1997.

I don't get the end really. How did the drug dealer get infected? Was he before he got shot or was there a zombie around that ate on him after he died? I was expecting another zombie to be walking around by him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't get the end really. How did the drug dealer get infected? Was he before he got shot or was there a zombie around that ate on him after he died? I was expecting another zombie to be walking around by him.

Do you watch the original show? That gives you the answer right there.

Everyone is infected. They turn when they die.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I met him on the set of Three Kings when it was filmed down in Casa Grande. Cool guy and I think that was his first really big movie he played in back in 1997.

Your answer:

Have you watched the original series? Everyone is infected. The virus is airborne. The CDC whispered that to rick and I think everyone else found out when he killed shane and shane turned without being bit

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After some fine acting by the mother throughout the show her reaction at the ending was laughably understated.
Just had a guy try to eat her, then watch as said guy was ran over several times by a car and is STILL living.

Her reaction... to wrinkle her forehead, look off into the distance and mutter "whats going on here?"

Also, was anyone else trying to figure out how they got 1980s Johnny Depp to play the junkie son?

100% agree on her at the end. She looked like a woman waiting for a bus, not a woman who just saw what she saw. For the first time too.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OK, I guess not everyone know.

Every human on earth is infected. When you die, you turn no matter what.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guessing that he died after he got shot. Most people unknowing carry whatever the virus or sickness is so that when you die, you turn into a Walker.

OOOoooppps! LOL... I guess I didn't see the page after Shaggies post. So there you go. 10 explainations about the same thing. ;)

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guessing that he died after he got shot. Most people unknowing carry whatever the virus or sickness is so that when you die, you turn into a Walker.

OOOoooppps! LOL... I guess I didn't see the page after Shaggies post. So there you go. 10 explainations about the same thing. ;)

HA! Same here!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't know that. I stopped watching TWD mid second season so I didn't know that. That explains it now.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maybe the Mom is just numb from all the family drama, or overmedicated so she can deal with it? :shrug:

And yes, the dude looks a lot like Johnny Depp for sure

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Do you watch the original show? That gives you the answer right there.

Everyone is infected. They turn when they die.

Yes, but getting bit kills you within hours and then you turn. Is there an example of a virus that behaves this way in the real world? If its in your blood already why does getting bit change anything?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but getting bit kills you within hours and then you turn. Is there an example of a virus that behaves this way in the real world? If its in your blood already why does getting bit change anything?

my impression of this is just that the bite and infection gives you a concentrated dose of the virus that accelerates the process and causes you to die once the virus infects you enough. That is the only difference when you get bit IMO. I could be wrong, thats just my impression