Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my impression of this is just that the bite and infection gives you a concentrated dose of the virus that accelerates the process and causes you to die once the virus infects you enough. That is the only difference when you get bit IMO. I could be wrong, thats just my impression

You must be registered for see images attach

It is actually quite simple, the virus manisfest once you turn and turns into something that can only be spread via the bloodstream and does not actually make you turn. Instead, you die from it and then turn. Hence, why they get a crazy feaver first.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It is actually quite simple, the virus manisfest once you turn and turns into something that can only be spread via the bloodstream and does not actually make you turn. Instead, you die from it and then turn. Hence, why they get a crazy feaver first.

Regardless of how quick or how you actually die, once you die, you turn. That's it. A bite makes the process go quicker, but the prerequisite remains--you die, you turn.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but getting bit kills you within hours and then you turn. Is there an example of a virus that behaves this way in the real world? If its in your blood already why does getting bit change anything?

Answered by the creator:

"The rule is WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die, you turn into a zombie, UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die, you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus."" —Robert Kirkman, Letter Hacks (Issue #41)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Answered by the creator:

"The rule is WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die, you turn into a zombie, UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die, you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus."" —Robert Kirkman, Letter Hacks (Issue #41)

So if you go get bit and don't die from infection or blood loss, you don't turn. It's just when you die is when you turn. Has that happened in THW where a character got bit but hasn't turned yet because he survived it?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Answered by the creator:

Then why did they cut off Hershels leg?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone wrapping spoilers around something that has been out there for years

And spoiler should only be used for things that have NOT happened yet. Once the episode is aired, it should not be in spoiler tags. If you haven't watched the episode, enter at own risk.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why did they cut off Hershels leg?

"A zombie bite kills you because of infection..."

They cut off the infected limb in order to save his life. Left alone the infection likely would have spread and killed him.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
"A zombie bite kills you because of infection..."

They cut off the infected limb in order to save his life. Left alone the infection likely would have spread and killed him.
Soinds good. Its always funny to discuss the "facts" in a total fiction piece. I always tell my son, "Dont think about it too hard, just enjoy the ride."

Not this of course. I don't want him watching this.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soinds good. Its always funny to discuss the "facts" in a total fiction piece. I always tell my son, "Dont think about it too hard, just enjoy the ride."

Not this of course. I don't want him watching this.
He young?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone wrapping spoilers around something that has been out there for years

And spoiler should only be used for things that have NOT happened yet. Once the episode is aired, it should not be in spoiler tags. If you haven't watched the episode, enter at own risk.
I like that spoilers are being used so well in this thread

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He young?

He's 15. He's probably old enough to watch. Its just that some the violence is so brutal.

He watches other stuff thats tv14 or tvm. He hasnt shown any interest in TWD.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's 15. He's probably old enough to watch. Its just that some the violence is so brutal.

He watches other stuff thats tv14 or tvm. He hasnt shown any interest in TWD.
My daughter wanted nothing to do with it until she watched from the beginning. Now she's almost as hooked as I am. We watch it together as my wife doesn't do any kind of scary.

She's nearing 14 but she's pretty mature, played plenty of zombie games growing up and I'm pretty liberal about cinema. I just try to avoid nudity, sex and glorified drug use. Most other stuff is fair game. I've never let her watch pure horror but she may have on her own.

I look back at what I was doing in 8th and 9th grade and can't imagine kids that age doing anything I was doing, it's rather crazy to think about.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pilot featured three black characters... all of them are dead in episode 2. It's almost like the writers are mocking the issue of black red shirts in the original show.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
pilot featured three black characters... all of them are dead in episode 2. It's almost like the writers are mocking the issue of black red shirts in the original show.

There's a joke in here somewhere about the undead version of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. I am just too tired this morning to think of it.

Looking forward to watching this tonight, I am a day behind you all, we are watching via Amazon.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second episode was better but I still lack any empathy of any of the characters so far.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Still think its building the story/characters.

Would anybody care if half the main characters bit the dust tomorrow? I mean the junky son? He could get eaten tomorrow and I wouldn't care. I know that sounds harsh but the show needs some characters you really feel vested in but like you said...it's still early. The only two characters that remotely fit that bill so far is the daughter and possibly the dad. Everyone else? Pffft.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Would anybody care if half the main characters bit the dust tomorrow? I mean the junky son? He could get eaten tomorrow and I wouldn't care. I know that sounds harsh but the show needs some characters you really feel vested in but like you said...it's still early. The only two characters that remotely fit that bill so far is the daughter and possibly the dad. Everyone else? Pffft.

Loser characters that survive instead of good ones create great tension. Remember the suck up loser from Platoon that lives until the end of the movie by hiding under dead bodies?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

That could change in the next few shows. Give it time.

What I don't get is how did the principle die/turn? Unless he was at home then came back to the school. Doesn't make sense. He had a big hole in is back, so maybe he fell while at the school?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I liked the second episode much more than the first. We got a little more information about characters, and we got a realistic look at what it would look like if some kind of a catastrophic evened occurred. I still don't quite have any attachment to any characters, except for the dad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the second episode much more than the first. We got a little more information about characters, and we got a realistic look at what it would look like if some kind of a catastrophic evened occurred. I still don't quite have any attachment to any characters, except for the dad.

yeah, the biggest problem here is the characters. Rick and Lenny were really likable characters right off the bat and I wanted to follow Rick's journey (and always wanted to find out what happened to Lenny). But these characters? Meh all around so far.

I like watching the destruction of society though so I'll keep sticking around. That said, the "idiot plot" of it all is starting to bug me. (For those of who don't know, Roger Ebert coined the phrase years ago as a plot that's dependent on people being idiots and never just having the simple conversation of what's actually going on to those around them in the dark.)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I liked the second episode and the third looks even more intriguing.

To be honest the character I like the most is the zitty faced kid that was one of the first ones to really figure out what is going on. He is obviously a minor character that won't be around long but it would be cool to see a guy like that be the one people turn to in the crisis for advice.

Not sure of the distance between our 2 groups but can only imagine the crap they will have to go through to be reunited.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard