Favorite Sandwich (commercially available)

Favorite Sub Sandwich

• Total voters

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: That used to be my daily back in the 90's. Fond memories, I should go by there sometime because it's been ages.
I won't go there simply because every inch of their walls are covered in political bullcrap. It happens to be conservative bullcrap, but I'd feel the same way if it were liberal garbage. I don't go to any restaurant to be inundated with their politics, bleh.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't go there simply because every inch of their walls are covered in political bullcrap. It happens to be conservative bullcrap, but I'd feel the same way if it were liberal garbage. I don't go to any restaurant to be inundated with their politics, bleh.

Really? I don't seem to remember that. I may have been slightly distracted by the young women behind the counter back in those days, though. :)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Dilly's Deli is really good. Also love any sandwich from a specialty bread place like Breadcrafters or Arizona Bread Company.

Love the Firehouse meatball, but not much of a fan of the rest of their fare.

Potbelly missing from this list is criminal, I tell you! :D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dilly's Deli is really good. Also love any sandwich from a specialty bread place like Breadcrafters or Arizona Bread Company.

Another couple of good ones.

There isn't a Dilly Deli near me, so I forget about them.

And d'oh to Potbelly - I eat there regularly

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Johns. Not because its the best, but because they deliver to the bowels of the law school. Very helpful during finals. Who wants to expose themselves to daylight for 30 minutes?

When my wife was looking after her grandma after hip replacement surgery, Silver Mine was the only nearby place that would deliver to the hospital room (upstairs) rather than meeting her in the lobby or parking lot for payment. Totally gained our respect and business for years to come just for the great service . Really good subs too.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really? I don't seem to remember that. I may have been slightly distracted by the young women behind the counter back in those days, though. :)

Oh man, now you're talking. I forget what sandwich I used to get from there but I remember the tang of the Italian dressing and the girls who worked there with the aqua net hair.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have never even heard of this potbelly place. Where is it?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never even heard of this potbelly place. Where is it?

On Rural between Apache and Broadway, basically Vista del Cerro and Rural just North of the Safeway plaza at the corner.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Expect a picture :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

potbelly is really good but those tiny sandwiches need to be bigger or priced less so I can buy two.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I chose Firehouse because we had it last year when we were visiting AZ and it was pretty good. Don't think I've ever had JJ.

I remember going to a sub shop when I was a kid (in AZ) across from a place that sold Corvettes. Don't know the street.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard