Favorite Sandwich (commercially available)

Favorite Sub Sandwich

• Total voters

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Where is you favorite place to get a sandwich on the go?

[update] Sorry I just now noticed there is a Food sub-forum. Feel free to move this mods if you so desire. :) Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My fav is Jersey Mikes. Just think their bread and ingredients are delicious. I go with Mikes way without the Vinegar.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on what I am in the mood for.

For cold subs, I like Capriottis - especially the Slaw-Be-Jo.

For cheeseteaks, I like Jersey Mike's.

And I hate Subway.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silver Mine Subs. Silver City on wheat with Baked Lays Chips and a Powerade.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Jimmy Johns. Not because its the best, but because they deliver to the bowels of the law school. Very helpful during finals. Who wants to expose themselves to daylight for 30 minutes?

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The delivery in jimmy johns is pretty bad ass. Though if jersey mikes delivered I might never go outside at all except for work lol

I like their subs at JJ I hadn't had one until recently but they are good.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmy johns gargantuan is the ****!!!! Extra Italian and add hot peppers and its perfect!!!

But for a hot sandwich I'll take the chicken philly at Capriottis!!!

Reaction score
Jimmy johns gargantuan is the ****!!!! Extra Italian and add hot peppers and its perfect!!!

But for a hot sandwich I'll take the chicken philly at Capriottis!!!

I usually get the Italian Night Club & add bacon & hot peppers. I've never tried the Gargantuan. Will have to next time.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I usually get the Italian Night Club & add bacon & hot peppers. I've never tried the Gargantuan. Will have to next time.
I always get Jimmy Johns when I'm at the race track and my idiot friends told me you cant add anything to their subs! Fools! lol I get the INC too, I'm adding bacon to that bad boy next time I order it!

Cheba hut is good too

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Is Cheba hut still around? OMG the memories lol. I ate that pretty much exclusively in college. The one by ASU is great for so many reasons, just the eye candy that comes through there lol.

They were toasting subs before we even had a quiznos out here. Weed puns aside, they are damn good subs. :) I'm gonna have to go there. I gotta make a couple phone calls first though. ;)

Reaction score
I always get Jimmy Johns when I'm at the race track and my idiot friends told me you cant add anything to their subs! Fools! lol I get the INC too, I'm adding bacon to that bad boy next time I order it!

Is Cheba hut still around? OMG the memories lol. I ate that pretty much exclusively in college. The one by ASU is great for so many reasons, just the eye candy that comes through there lol.

They were toasting subs before we even had a quiznos out here. Weed puns aside, they are damn good subs. :) I'm gonna have to go there. I gotta make a couple phone calls first though. ;)

It's awesome with bacon. Love Cheba Hut also. Haven't had it in ages. :thumbup:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Cousins and Blimpie but there are so few of them left now, and none are close to me. So I will go with Jimmy John's since I actually go there periodically. I have only been to Jersey Mike's once.

One small sub place that I love is Captain Bills on 35th and Peoria. The roast beef with cheese sauce? Daaaaamn.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They are franchised in multiple states now

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've decided Jimmy Johns is terrible. Their bacon is that garbage bacon subway serves too.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Cousins and Blimpie but there are so few of them left now, and none are close to me. So I will go with Jimmy John's since I actually go there periodically. I have only been to Jersey Mike's once.

One small sub place that I love is Captain Bills on 35th and Peoria. The roast beef with cheese sauce? Daaaaamn.

:thumbup: That used to be my daily back in the 90's. Fond memories, I should go by there sometime because it's been ages.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had a good experience at Cheba Hut. I tried a handful of times with different items. :mad:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't stand Jimmy Johns
1) Sandwiches are garbage
2) Commercials are annoying

Of the places on the list, I would rank them:

Jersey Mikes
Capriottis
Firehouse

Then the rest.

But love DeFalcos the best

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I never liked firehouse because I don't usually like warm sandwiches . I like my subs to be cold cuts.

And while the subs at firehouse are good, that steamer thing they put them it makes them warm and yummy, but have you ever tried to eat a firehouse sub once it's cooled down? Things get very soggy. :(

I think I've eaten at Defalcos, is that the one in scottsdale?

Like 10 years ago my friend took me to this New Jersey style deli that was kindof up in north phx somewhere. It was a little dive, but it was amazing, best sub I think I have ever had. Have never been able to remember the name or accidentally stumble upon it either. I pot too much smoked young when I was.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard