Falling Skies (TNT)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falling Skies

Science fiction television series created by Robert Rodat and Steven Spielberg for TNT. The first season will feature ten episodes. The show is produced by DreamWorks Television, with Steven Spielberg acting as an executive producer.

Falling Skies is set to premiere on Sunday, June 19, 2011, at 9 p.m. with a two-hour pilot episode.

Synopsis: Falling Skies tells the story of the aftermath of an alien invasion; It follows a group of survivors who must band together in order to fight back against invading aliens. The group, known as the 2nd Mass, is led by history professor Tom Mason who, in search of his son, must put his extensive knowledge of military history to the test as one of the leaders of the resistance movement.

Cast: Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton, Dale Dye, Drew Roy, Maxim Knight, Connor Jessup, Seychelle Gabriel, Colin Cunningham, and Sarah Carter.

You must be registered for see images attach

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Did anyone catch this? I watched the first half of the pilot. I'm going to watch the second half tonight. Seems pretty promising but a lot of commercials.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I really, really liked the first two episodes. I like the cast a lot.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I really, really liked the first two episodes. I like the cast a lot.
My family is from the Boston area (Quincy) so it was kind of cool on that level. What I really liked was how Tom falls back on military history to be a good field leader.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
My family is from the Boston area (Quincy) so it was kind of cool on that level. What I really liked was how Tom falls back on military history to be a good field leader.

I like that part of it as well, not your prototypical hero, has a lot of faults in that regard.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Was pretty underwhelmed. I liked Noah Wylie's character, but not much else. Effects were pretty cheesy, I thought.

Don't know if I'll watch again.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there going to be a replay, I missed like the first half hour and when I came in I wasn't sure what was going on and didn't bother to finish it.

Not sure if it's on On demand I guess I'll have to look

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not bad, but not great. I do enjoy the military historian, and I loved the criminal, who I believe will play a role later, but the cliched 'bad guys kidnap a few to demand ransom' really was flat. Aside from the chick helping them out and the bad guy, that half of it was completely useless to me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like this show. Mostly because I'm desperate to like this show. I kind of feel the way I did when Walking Dead started and I'm crossing my fingers that it won't go the same way. I really wanted to like Walking Dead and for most of it's first season run I convinced myself that the show was working for me until finally I had to face the fact that it was actually a little bit boring. How do you make a post-apocalyptic zombie show that's boring? Hopefully, however that's done, Falling Skies will find out and do the opposite with their post-apocalyptic alien series.

Steve

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I really like this show. Mostly because I'm desperate to like this show. I kind of feel the way I did when Walking Dead started and I'm crossing my fingers that it won't go the same way. I really wanted to like Walking Dead and for most of it's first season run I convinced myself that the show was working for me until finally I had to face the fact that it was actually a little bit boring. How do you make a post-apocalyptic zombie show that's boring? Hopefully, however that's done, Falling Skies will find out and do the opposite with their post-apocalyptic alien series.

Steve

Amen. +1

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first 2 hours on On Demand last night. I actually liked it, surprised me the little I had seen the night it debuted I figured it was going to be The Stand with aliens but it was pretty interesting.

We'll see where they go with it, the idea is obviously not new, but so far it's intriguing.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"Being the leader of a post-apocalyptic gang of outlaws has been exhausting."

lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was pretty bored... and bummed. looked forward to this show and like it's cast but for some reason it just wasn't holding me.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got through the first hour of the pilot. Rather generic and unimaginative so far. I don't know if I like that they jumped right into the storyline without any setup.

I don't know what is supposed to set this show apart from countless others that had the same theme. I guess they weren't going for original.

I'll probably finish the pilot, but not sure I'll watch more after that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like Sunday's episode, it was way too derivative of Independence Day.

The whole dragging the captured alien in that's almost a carbon copy of the scene in ID4 when Will Smith does that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They lost me at Noah Wylie. Anymore, I just assume shows like this will be boring and unimaginative.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the show has very little momentum for me so far. They seriously need to pick up the pace a bit. So far.....it's just OK.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It gets worse every week. No more for me.

last Sunday was one of those wth moments for me. they make this big deal about how it has to be done silently so they don't get caught. Then when he attacks the skitter it of course screams bloody murder, loud enough that the other 2 people in the building can find where the kid is by following the sounds. yet none of the aliens apparently heard?

I'll give it a couple more weeks largely because there's nothing else on at that time I would watch, but if it doesn't improve quickly I'm going to drop it.

asudevil83

Reaction score
i'm trying to enjoy it as well. helps watching online so you dont get distracted away by commercial breaks.

that being said, it isnt terrible. boring and unimaginative, yes....its not bad in the way that something like Heroes was. that turned ridiculous and stupid. i think they are just playing it safe to start, and hopefully it picks up.

i think it will also help that it got renewed, so we wont have the "do we have to seal up the lose ends it or can we have the maybe sorta open ending."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard